PDA

View Full Version : Crashout after incomplete update..

brain2hold
05-03-2010, 05:56 PM
I bailed out of Pocket Legends (PL) when an update was going through slowly on my 3G/Edge At&t,
& I had just gotten an e-mail that I wanted to check.

When I went back into PL, the program crashed repeatedly on every attempt to start it.

I removed PL from my iphone (Failing to make a screen shot of my user name)
I figured that I had just done a full backup sync to iTunes this morning...

When I re-added PL to my mobil, my account (Name) info was lost (Even though it had previously been checked to remember my password)

TO add to my screwup, I can not remember the name of the gmail account that I set up to receive your confirmation e-mail, in the first place..

So to sum up PL, will forever crash on an incomplete install, requiring a full re-install of PL from the iTunes backup.
The iTunes backup DOES NOT hold on to the Account name or password, AT ALL.

I know someone who knows one of the developers,
So in support I downloaded this app, & sunk a couple of bucks into it. ( Billed to the e-mail that this account is set up on...)

I will probably have to stop playing, & doing any testing of your game, because of the above issues..
(I've done beta testing before[just not your game])

(I almost know what the archers character's name is, but it may be spelled weird..)
I even know the password.
But I don't think that helps me any without knowing the login e-mail address..

Figured that you should know, about the crashout on incomplete update, & the behavior of a re-install. Even if you can not help me recover my character at all..

asommers
05-03-2010, 08:54 PM
I just tested exiting while patching and it recovered just fine. If the app crashes on startup, all you should have to do is delete/reinstall and the app should start working again. If you can't remember your login credentials, getting us a character name will get you fixed up. If you don't know your login credentials and you don't know your character name, PM me as much info as you can (like your first/last name you used when signing up). If you don't know or if you made up a lot of that info, there's not much we can do for you (and that's why we ask for the information to aid in account recovery).

PM me the details.

-ALS

brain2hold
05-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Oh, one other thing I tried turning the iPhone off & on to no effect...

. If the app crashes on startup, all you should have to do is delete/reinstall and the app should start working again.
-ALS

As far as I can tell this is true... It seemed to recover (As best as I can tell ;) on a delete & re-install..

ziae
05-04-2010, 09:15 PM
yep, i posted a similar thread yesterday, by reinstalling and dl the patch over a stable connection, wifi, should resolve the problem.