PDA

View Full Version : rules for tagging along in winter fest farming

Fusionstrike
12-19-2013, 06:22 PM
I've been farming Winter Village a bunch and I've noticed lots of low level players joining my games. I don't mind letting low level players tag along, but they need to understand what to expect and what's expected from them. So here's what you need to know when you join my 76 with your 10 (or lower) farming toon.

My goal is to get in as many runs as I can with my 4-hour access purchase. That means the only thing that matters is speed. I'm farming with whichever character got the best combo elixir this time, so I'll be running top speed to the boss. I don't mind clearing the mobs with my AOEs as I run past to make it easier for you to follow, but I'm not going to stop or go out of my way to do so. This means it's your job to keep up with me and stay out of harm's way as we rush to the boss. The best thing to do is get right in behind me and just focus on keeping up and staying alive, not attacking.

If you don't have a speed enhancer like I do, you're going to fall behind. You're welcome to keep following and meet me at the boss, who takes long enough to kill that you'll probably make it in time. But I'm not going to slow down to wait for you or double back to get you out of trouble. If keeping up is too hard, consider buying a speed booster, switching to a toon that has a speed booster, or farming with someone else. If you're a fox or rhino, you can use your dash skills to keep up pretty well even without a speed booster.

Here are some handy rules to keep in mind:

Speed is all that matters. Go as fast as you can at all times to reach the boss.
Join new runs quickly and haul arse immediately to the boss. (See rule 1).
Don't join a run late and ask me to wait for you. Haul arse if you think you can make it, or just wait for next run and join faster next time. (See rule 1).
Don't ask me to come back and help/heal/rev/etc. Backtracking to wherever you are can easily double the run time. (See rule 1).
Don't hit those blue and white presents that freeze everyone near it. This just slows everyone down. (See rule 1).
Wear whatever gear keeps you alive for the run to boss. Your offense isn't going to make a difference on boss, so you're better off maxing your defense to stay alive and move quickly. (See rule 1).

You'll have a much better farming experience if you keep these things in mind. Happy farming and good luck on those drops!

programmed
12-19-2013, 06:25 PM
Omg the low lvls are so annoying. I make a game to farm winter fest and can't invite anyone to join cause it immediately fills up with all lvl 1's who just stand there and leech pinks and wreaths.

But really? Why u need to make a whole thread about "your rules".

Argyros
12-19-2013, 06:33 PM
Omg the low lvls are so annoying. I make a game to farm winter fest and can't invite anyone to join cause it immediately fills up with all lvl 1's who just stand there and leech pinks and wreaths.

But really? Why u need to make a whole thread about "your rules".

Its not that bad. You can also make a locked game. I agree with fusion, they are harming no one by staying but don't expect us to wait for you at the boss.

programmed
12-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Its not that bad. You can also make a locked game. I agree with fusion, they are harming no one by staying but don't expect us to wait for you at the boss.

I didn't realize it could be locked. I assumed it was like Halloween where you couldn't. And you're right they arent hurting anything but when they are all lvl 1 and can't do anything to help, being I'm a rhino means the boss alone takes 5 mins or more with just me. I can't invite anyone to help because it fills up with lvl 1's.

Fusionstrike
12-19-2013, 06:55 PM

Yup, you nailed it. I'm just solo running, so no harm to me if you join. Just don't give me grief if you can't keep up. You stand to get a free drop off my work, so just keep up and enjoy the free ride.

I didn't realize it could be locked. I assumed it was like Halloween where you couldn't. And you're right they arent hurting anything but when they are all lvl 1 and can't do anything to help, being I'm a rhino means the boss alone takes 5 mins or more with just me. I can't invite anyone to help because it fills up with lvl 1's.

Yeah, it's annoying when you actually want some help and everyone around you is too low. In this case I'd try to jump in on a run of others at your level until you find a good team doing remakes. I've found good, fast teams this way and it can be really effective farming.