View Full Version : Samhayne read this

Slushie
12-19-2013, 07:19 PM
Samhayne I can't pm you for some reason so I just made this thread to ask you will there be an upcoming expansion in the near future. I do not want to invest money into PL if the game will cease to be supported, I'm not threatening you or anything I just don't want to buy plat now and reach the cap if you guys won't be updating the game any time soon. I know you guys are a business, but hear me out on the customer side of things.

Suentous PO
12-19-2013, 07:43 PM
You have missed him answering this a few times before this, ill paraphrase;

-There is no cap on the horizon, we may update in the future.-

That word "may" told me plenty.
Edit- he responded to your other thread in case you missed.

Iphoneington
12-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Even if there isn't a cap in the near future, I'd still continue to support Spacetime Studios because they've created a game I really enjoy. With this winter update, it gives us something to do over the holidays :) Although I'd love a new cap to go play, I'm thankful for what we have.

Slushie
12-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Even if there isn't a cap in the near future, I'd still continue to support Spacetime Studios because they've created a game I really enjoy. With this winter update, it gives us something to do over the holidays :) Although I'd love a new cap to go play, I'm thankful for what we have.

It's not about that its about I don't want to spend money to hit the cap of a game that the devs have stop updating

Slushie
12-19-2013, 08:02 PM
You have missed him answering this a few times before this, ill paraphrase;

-There is no cap on the horizon, we may update in the future.-

That word "may" told me plenty.
Edit- he responded to your other thread in case you missed.

he didnt say anything about when

XghostzX
12-19-2013, 08:03 PM
he didnt say anything about when

It's his way of sugar-coating the truth. No - there will not be a cap.

Slushie
12-19-2013, 08:04 PM

ok thanks

programmed
12-19-2013, 09:22 PM

May be a cap and no cap are two completely different things. It doesn't necessarily mean there won't be one. They planned to go higher and I think they will eventually but for now they need to invest more into AL to make the money they need to keep their games up and running. Last winter fest was basically same as the one before that wasn't it? Then this year they actually did something which makes me feel 2014 will be a better year for PL.

XghostzX
12-19-2013, 09:26 PM
May be a cap and no cap are two completely different things. It doesn't necessarily mean there won't be one. They planned to go higher and I think they will eventually but for now they need to invest more into AL to make the money they need to keep their games up and running. Last winter fest was basically same as the one before that wasn't it? Then this year they actually did something which makes me feel 2014 will be a better year for PL.

I'm just trying to be a realist here. If I were a company in the exact same position as STS, I wouldn't want to waste time/money expanding on an old product. You need to keep things fresh.

Sorry if it seems like I'm being negative, but it's only the truth. There will be no new cap.

birdmasta
12-19-2013, 10:19 PM
i feel a cap tho... and a very sexy one.

Suentous PO
12-19-2013, 10:53 PM

"May be a cap" says two things; that there is an absolute impossibility of there being a new cap, and that there is an unknown percentile chance that there will be one.
100% vs x%. They did say that they planned on lv 100 and that's what I invested in.
That said I appreciate what they have done this season, and I will be around to see what happens.

Iphoneington
12-19-2013, 11:34 PM
i feel a cap tho... and a very sexy one. Haha yes, maybe so ?;)

Conradin
12-26-2013, 08:02 PM
While i don't believe a new cap will come, i do wish that STS had created an end-game Cap that had a lot of re-playability and ended the game satisfyingly.

NotYoCookiez
12-26-2013, 08:48 PM
I'm just trying to be a realist here. If I were a company in the exact same position as STS, I wouldn't want to waste time/money expanding on an old product. You need to keep things fresh.

Sorry if it seems like I'm being negative, but it's only the truth. There will be no new cap.

finally lol and you were getting mad at me because i was being all "negative" :(

#realist

Jig
12-26-2013, 10:13 PM
Ouch ;/ nothing wrong with a long hard year of no cap maybe they want pl to last a bit longer until lvl 100..