PDA

View Full Version : Don't cast if target dead / nothing targeted.

pcm2a
11-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Devs: Here is a great idea that seems to be a bit of a nuisance. If I press one of my casting buttons that requires something to be targeted, if nothing is targeted don't cast the spell.

This occurs quite frequently when the target dies right before I press the cast button. The spell casts and now it's on cooldown and was wasted.

KingFu
11-19-2010, 12:30 PM
It should automatically target an opponent, if you're referring to right after a target dies, yes, I have experienced this. The thing is, if they fixed this, it would be almost like auto locking to a different opponent after your old target dies. That has been suggested and shot down, which I was a shooter;) but ya, I can see where you're coming from, but with the faster skills, it isn't too much of a hassle. The cost of mana might suck if you are a lower level, but with larger mana pools, I don't see a huge conflict. Timing has a lot to do with this game.

Arterra
11-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Makes you learn to measure the power of your attacks and keep eyes everywhere. Annoyin using a lightning after everyone Is dead, make me look noobish lol

Lesrider
11-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Lol mages have so much power now, you can throw all your skills out after they're dead and it won't really make much difference to your mana pool ;)

I sense a nerf coming on very soon.

pcm2a
11-19-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm sure the problem could be that I suck.

I would not want it to be an auto lock. I'd rather it just say "nothing target" or do nothing.