PDA

View Full Version : Need an In-Depth Comparison for Orion/Clyde/Colton

Instanthumor
12-20-2013, 02:52 PM
I found a lot of threads explaining what each pet does, etc, but there was no DETAILED comparison between these three pets as far as PvP and PvE.
Any comments are welcome!

Vaeriu
12-20-2013, 07:00 PM
OK so firstly, just take note that I'm no pro and that I rarely ever play mage ^_^ but I'll give my honest opinions from my lvl 20 PVP sorc.

I believe personally the best pet for PVP among these is Orion for low level (because of that health boost) and Clyde for end-game.

Orion provides a great combination of Str and Int and so it makes your arcane health stronger and you can take less dmg from those pesky aimed shots ;). Also, I haven't seen it anywhere in its description but I saw Orion's arcane stun once so I guess it does stun enemies rarely. The health boost it gives is actually huge at low level twinking and it also helps in survivability alot. The damage reduction it gives (2%) might not seem like much at first glance.....but with rogues dishing out 1k crits, reducing that amount by...200.. might help a little........xD.

Clyde is the best pet however for general usage. Its panic arcane isn't exactly reliable but it can save you from tight situations sometimes. And besides, 30 Int is alot :D

As for Colton......I haven't used it before but the damage it gives should be astounding. Imagine a lightning crit with +10% dmg and +30 Int :O. Also, I heard its passive can stun ;)

As for PVE, all of them should be good but as far as PVE goes, dmg is always the best way to go as pots are available to spam so health isn't too much of an issue so Colton all the way :)

Hope this helps :)

<3 your sig btw :D

Cya soon

Instanthumor
12-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Thanks, and btw, Orion's arcane ability almost always stuns and it reduces the aimed shot that hit 1k by 20, not 200 :P

drgrimmy
12-21-2013, 02:14 AM
Orion: I use for elite bosses for survivability as a mage due to the extra health and damage reduction. Also has awesome debuffs for the bosses which will improve your survivability and a great damage buff for your whole party with the arcane ability. For me a pretty much go to pet for tough elite bosses (eg frostnir, for ones not as tough you may prefer a pet the increases your damage more). Don't use him much in PvP, but has the potential to be a great pet for 5v5 rumbles with the panic on arcane and the party damage buff.

Clyde: used to be one of my go to pets, and I still cap him with every level cap. I pretty much consider him to be the legendary version of slag. The panic is great in pvp if you cannot get slag. I think just as reliable as slag but some may disagree (I personally don't find either of their panic abilities as reliable as they used to be). The 30int and 10str boosts are also great. I think one of the best all around pets for both PvP and pve if you could only get one pet for both.

Colton: can't argue the fact that he will give you the most damage of almost any pet (except an arcane pet). Can be really good for pve, and I still cap him every level cap, but I think the lack of health or damage reduction is a real hindrance in elite runs. I tend to only use if I am in a really good party that I know can save me from the aggro. In terms of PvP, I feel really naked with the pet without a health boost, damage reduction, or arcane stun/panic ability, and as a result I have not really used in PvP since season 2.

Instanthumor
12-21-2013, 02:22 AM
Orion: I use for elite bosses for survivability as a mage due to the extra health and damage reduction. Also has awesome debuffs for the bosses which will improve your survivability and a great damage buff for your whole party with the arcane ability. For me a pretty much go to pet for tough elite bosses (eg frostnir, for ones not as tough you may prefer a pet the increases your damage more). Don't use him much in PvP, but has the potential to be a great pet for 5v5 rumbles with the panic on arcane and the party damage buff.

Clyde: used to be one of my go to pets, and I still cap him with every level cap. I pretty much consider him to be the legendary version of slag. The panic is great in pvp if you cannot get slag. I think just as reliable as slag but some may disagree (I personally don't find either of their panic abilities as reliable as they used to be). The 30int and 10str boosts are also great. I think one of the best all around pets for both PvP and pve if you could only get one pet for both.

Colton: can't argue the fact that he will give you the most damage of almost any pet (except an arcane pet). Can be really good for pve, and I still cap him every level cap, but I think the lack of health or damage reduction is a real hindrance in elite runs. I tend to only use if I am in a really good party that I know can save me from the aggro. In terms of PvP, I feel really naked with the pet without a health boost, damage reduction, or arcane stun/panic ability, and as a result I have not really used in PvP since season 2.

What's your opinion on Colton in PvP?

Trenton
12-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Colton: In terms of PvP, I feel really naked with the pet without a health boost, damage reduction, or arcane stun/panic ability, and as a result I have not really used in PvP since season 2. This is what he thinks of Colton in PvP

Vaeriu
12-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Thanks, and btw, Orion's arcane ability almost always stuns and it reduces the aimed shot that hit 1k by 20, not 200 :P
That, holidays are taking it's toll on my Math ^_^

Frekken
12-25-2013, 11:45 PM
It depends also on your skill build. I mean Clydes panic is not worth if you're running with curse for example... Or at least gotta be well timed.
Orion gives 20str.curse is based on strong and int. So more str more efective curse (I dunno the actual numbers)
Colton is awesome but that 6seconds 15%critical(correct me if I'm wrong) is not worth for me. For pvp I prefer 3 sec 40% ribbit since a pvp battles doesn't last that much

Feedback me

Instanthumor
12-25-2013, 11:54 PM
It depends also on your skill build. I mean Clydes panic is not worth if you're running with curse for example... Or at least gotta be well timed.
Orion gives 20str.curse is based on strong and int. So more str more efective curse (I dunno the actual numbers)
Colton is awesome but that 6seconds 15%critical(correct me if I'm wrong) is not worth for me. For pvp I prefer 3 sec 40% ribbit since a pvp battles doesn't last that much

Feedback me

What do you mean you need to time Clyde's panic to curse? Does panic affect curse?

Frekken
12-25-2013, 11:57 PM
Panic let the enemy with no movement or attack. Not even pets arcane (not sure) if you hit panic and then curse. Is gonna be useless because curse works giving damage as enemy atcks. In panic enemy can't attack so curse has no effect... Unless you time it right

Instanthumor
12-26-2013, 01:04 AM
Panic let the enemy with no movement or attack. Not even pets arcane (not sure) if you hit panic and then curse. Is gonna be useless because curse works giving damage as enemy atcks. In panic enemy can't attack so curse has no effect... Unless you time it right

What if it's intended? I know quite a few others that do this.

Frekken
12-26-2013, 10:26 PM
That's what I mean with well timed.. Also those pets are different enough to ask. Why you need them for? Pvp or pve? If you have a dot build (ice, clock, fire and life/shield I guess Clyde s panic is the best to go... I'm Still learning tho :-)

Vaeriu
12-27-2013, 12:33 AM
Yes..If you're using curse, it's a good idea to forgo stuns and panic effects as this time you NEED the enemy to be hitting you for your curse to be doing any damage. If you want panic and stun then it's a viable option too to get lightning/ice/fireball instead of your curse to get the standard two attacks, heal and shield set :)

drgrimmy
12-27-2013, 10:22 PM
What if it's intended? I know quite a few others that do this.

If you are going to use a panic pet with curse, I prefer to panic them immediately after the curse has ended to give yourself some extra time to finish them off. Alternatively you can wait until after your shield runs out to buy yourself a little more time while you are squishy. But yes, with a curse build I prefer a pet with an arcane with a stat/damage boost that I can use at the begining of a fight to kill them quickly.