PDA

View Full Version : My fireball CONSTANTLY misses. Please help sts :(

otb
12-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Anyone else experienced this?

When charging towards an enemy, the fireball hits. But when kiting, it really doesn't hit. As in 0%. The fireball just goes forward. Its as if the fireball only hits toward the direction you are running. This is a big problem for me when trying to escape because i cant stun while running away anymore, and i have countless deaths accumulated because of this.

Also, in 5on5 clashes, the fireball misses a lot because again, it only hits when you are facing the enemy, in clashes, I run around trying to evade enemies while still spamming my skills, so when i press fireball and i'm facing away the enemy, it really doesn't hit, even if the enemy is just very close to me.

Please fix this bug ASAP sts.. it's really a big blow for us sorcs :(

My fireball upgrade is 3/5 (w/o the radius and miss upgrade)

Ps: This is PvP, Haven't checked yet for PvE.

Erianu
12-21-2013, 09:09 AM
Same here since winter update

phillyr
12-21-2013, 09:58 AM
There was another thread about this and somebody said u have to have the first upgrade for it to auto aim, not sure tho

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hoardseeker
12-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Ps: This is PvP, Haven't checked yet for PvE.
PVE too! Same problem here very annoying

Crowsfoot
12-21-2013, 01:11 PM
I have 4 mages. Here the solution: point where you want it to go.

Fireball, like gale force, goes in a straight line. Think of it as the basic attack for a staff. You can't throw it backwards and kite like you used to be able to.

Maalice
12-21-2013, 01:49 PM
If u take the first upgrade ur fireball will fire behind u towards the enemy

otb
12-21-2013, 03:12 PM

Fireball, like gale force, goes in a straight line. Think of it as the basic attack for a staff. You can't throw it backwards and kite like you used to be able to.

Thats not an excuse. Ice bolt fires in any direction.

otb
12-21-2013, 03:26 PM
If u take the first upgrade ur fireball will fire behind u towards the enemy

I respeced and tried this and yes, my fireball auto aims now after getting the increase radius effect. But i think for pvp purposes, that upgrade is not so useful because the area of effect that the stock fireball brings is already enough. That 1 point would better serve sorcs when put into damage, or damage reduction.

So, again, spacetime, please fix this. This is a really crucial bug for sorcs because its the bread and butter skill, fireball, we're talking about.

Trenton
12-21-2013, 08:09 PM

Fireball, like gale force, goes in a straight line. Think of it as the basic attack for a staff. You can't throw it backwards and kite like you used to be able to. First off, gale force has an upgrade for AoE- Which makes it go everywhere, which means that there is no need to "aim" gale.

Secondly, fireball is already an AoE skill- it targets something, and goes after it- it is an obvious glitch, it happened after the Winter Fest update.

Third, every other skill does so. Ice goes "backwards," lightning goes "backwards," and curse does also.

Please STS, the +3 meters is a joke skill for PvP, and this glitch really does need fixed, about 50% of my deaths are from rogues who think they're good and I'm not able to kite them. It's annoying and needs to go back to normal ._.

Applejaqs
12-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Idk what you people are talking about happening after the winter update. Fireball has ALWAYS needed the radius upgrade to auto target something. This has been since the 21 cap that it was tested and proven because of pvp. There were a few threads about it back then and not sure if sts responded or not but they've known about it.

Maalice
12-21-2013, 08:53 PM
MAybe just add auto aim to the description of the first fb upgrade.

Applejaqs
12-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Won't let me edit, but here is one piece of evidence that if anything, the auto target is unintentional.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?86731-Mage-skill-auto-aim-failures&highlight=Fireball

Maalice
12-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Won't let me edit, but here is one piece of evidence that if anything, the auto target is unintentional.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?86731-Mage-skill-auto-aim-failures&highlight=Fireball

If that is the case, that would be IMO a major nerds to mages.... So please don't fix this, and rather add to the upgrades description.

otb
12-22-2013, 03:58 AM
I dont know if sts really intended to do this, but if they did, it doesnt make sense at all. Seriously. Its already very tough for a mage to be in pvp with rogs and wars with massive damage and range, then you still take auto aim out of mages? Geez. What do you think of mages, just stand in there face to face with their enemies doing mano-a-mano? Whew, you people could think better than that. I wasnt complaining why rogs have very high damage and wars have very high health and armor, bec yeah, i agree that it is class specific. But dude! Cmon! AUTO AIM is A NEED (physiological need if you will) for a mage! IT IS CLASS SPECIFIC for a squishy mage because we play running around for our lives.

phillyr
12-22-2013, 01:09 PM
I eliminated fb from my skill list, it's overrated imho curse gives me much better results and a charged icicle can slow enemies enough for me to make a hasty retreat

Crowsfoot
12-22-2013, 03:40 PM
I eliminated fb from my skill list, it's overrated imho curse gives me much better results and a charged icicle can slow enemies enough for me to make a hasty retreat

You need fireball for elite shuyal. It's the most consistent stun in game.

phillyr
12-22-2013, 03:52 PM
We do fantastic with our without it clock and ice hold mobs just fine, the one mob I wish it would stun is the mages...if that was the case it would be worth having, but can't stun the blue mages, glacians, most of the bigger harder hitting aoe mobs anyway...seems worthless to have it if it doesn't stun the mob I need it to stun, and in pvp if war uses jugg it's worthless yet again, I hardly ever stunned a warrior, ice does more for me than fire ever did

Zylx
12-23-2013, 12:43 AM
Ive actually had instances where my fireball goes straight through a mob within range, but it doesnt explode, doesnt say "missed", and no damage is dealt.

Nesox
12-23-2013, 02:08 AM
The new issue is not with the AUTO AIM, but with TARGET RECOGNITION. Today I fired a fireball at a skeleton directly in front of me from a stationary position. The fireball sailed clean through the target so I fished it off with my staff. My point being that fireball missed a straight shot that was well within range. This is not to be confused with the lack of auto aim associated with not having the radius upgrade. Fireball randomly fails to SEE targets lately.

Joncheese
12-23-2013, 03:43 AM
Its not just me then.... Ever since Winter Update my FB has been firing off all over the place. Its NOT anything to do with how i am playing either.

No buddy. In 1v1 my FB used to go to my opponent. Last night it was going the other direction or just sailing past like they weren't there..... and i was pointing it towards my opponent correctly. Also in SS my fireballs were quite often missing mobs entirely.

I respeced and tried this and yes, my fireball auto aims now after getting the increase radius effect. But i think for pvp purposes, that upgrade is not so useful because the area of effect that the stock fireball brings is already enough. That 1 point would better serve sorcs when put into damage, or damage reduction.

So, again, spacetime, please fix this. This is a really crucial bug for sorcs because its the bread and butter skill, fireball, we're talking about.

Nothing to do with the increased radius. I've always had this.

First off, gale force has an upgrade for AoE- Which makes it go everywhere, which means that there is no need to "aim" gale.

Secondly, fireball is already an AoE skill- it targets something, and goes after it- it is an obvious glitch, it happened after the Winter Fest update.

Third, every other skill does so. Ice goes "backwards," lightning goes "backwards," and curse does also.

Please STS, the +3 meters is a joke skill for PvP, and this glitch really does need fixed, about 50% of my deaths are from rogues who think they're good and I'm not able to kite them. It's annoying and needs to go back to normal ._.

Trent we're not talking about Gale, but if we were Crow would be refering to the Dash of the Wind which does need aiming.

Fire is an AOE skill yes, but its not a very big one unless you get the upgrade. If i'm hammering mobs in Shuyal or doing a 5V5 in PVP the radius upgarde is A MUST. 3M isnt a joke for the skill, its actually a hell of a big range. When you see a warrior heal that is an 8 metre range i think..... Thats huge. Imagine a mage with an AOE that big. Seriously OP.

Idk what you people are talking about happening after the winter update. Fireball has ALWAYS needed the radius upgrade to auto target something. This has been since the 21 cap that it was tested and proven because of pvp. There were a few threads about it back then and not sure if sts responded or not but they've known about it.

Before the update all skills but Wind Dash and Curse had an auto aim. This is why we hit crates instead of mobs etc. Whether it goes to the right thing or not is not the point here, but they all defintely used to auto aim when in range.

If that is the case, that would be IMO a major nerds to mages.... So please don't fix this, and rather add to the upgrades description.

Totally. ^^^^

For a while i used Ice light curse in PVP, wanna know how many people shouted at me? Fireball is without doubt the best weapon we have in pvp. It stuns, covers a huge area, has no limit on targets and has an insane burn dmg.

You have just lost the single most important skill in the game. You're gonna regret this dude.

We do fantastic with our without it clock and ice hold mobs just fine, the one mob I wish it would stun is the mages...if that was the case it would be worth having, but can't stun the blue mages, glacians, most of the bigger harder hitting aoe mobs anyway...seems worthless to have it if it doesn't stun the mob I need it to stun, and in pvp if war uses jugg it's worthless yet again, I hardly ever stunned a warrior, ice does more for me than fire ever did

If you speak to any Top Mage they will tell you the same thing, for Crowd Control and quick killing you cannot be without it. Its not just the stun, as i said above its also the burn dmg. If we're talking PVP not PVE a fireball allows your whole team to get into the action unscathed for 3 seconds. Not to mention the burn dmg before your team even getstarted...... Important in any clash. My guys insist that i have fb.

And the only way to beat a war is with ice and fire. Burn dmg + DOT from ice remain consistent enough for us to be able to beat them. Not to mention fireball stuns them.... if you time it right and use the correct pet that is :)

phillyr
12-23-2013, 06:15 AM
Its not just me then.... Ever since Winter Update my FB has been firing off all over the place. Its NOT anything to do with how i am playing either.

No buddy. In 1v1 my FB used to go to my opponent. Last night it was going the other direction or just sailing past like they weren't there..... and i was pointing it towards my opponent correctly. Also in SS my fireballs were quite often missing mobs entirely.

Nothing to do with the increased radius. I've always had this.

Trent we're not talking about Gale, but if we were Crow would be refering to the Dash of the Wind which does need aiming.

Fire is an AOE skill yes, but its not a very big one unless you get the upgrade. If i'm hammering mobs in Shuyal or doing a 5V5 in PVP the radius upgarde is A MUST. 3M isnt a joke for the skill, its actually a hell of a big range. When you see a warrior heal that is an 8 metre range i think..... Thats huge. Imagine a mage with an AOE that big. Seriously OP.

Before the update all skills but Wind Dash and Curse had an auto aim. This is why we hit crates instead of mobs etc. Whether it goes to the right thing or not is not the point here, but they all defintely used to auto aim when in range.

Totally. ^^^^

For a while i used Ice light curse in PVP, wanna know how many people shouted at me? Fireball is without doubt the best weapon we have in pvp. It stuns, covers a huge area, has no limit on targets and has an insane burn dmg.

You have just lost the single most important skill in the game. You're gonna regret this dude.

If you speak to any Top Mage they will tell you the same thing, for Crowd Control and quick killing you cannot be without it. Its not just the stun, as i said above its also the burn dmg. If we're talking PVP not PVE a fireball allows your whole team to get into the action unscathed for 3 seconds. Not to mention the burn dmg before your team even getstarted...... Important in any clash. My guys insist that i have fb.

And the only way to beat a war is with ice and fire. Burn dmg + DOT from ice remain consistent enough for us to be able to beat them. Not to mention fireball stuns them.... if you time it right and use the correct pet that is :)

I've been without it for a long time now, my kdr it's actually positive now, I can beat all but the fully geared warriors in pvp, and as for pve stun, ice holds mobs much longer than fireball stuns, the rogue I run with drops trap, I drop clock with a charged ice shot, group is now frozen and can't deal any damage, fb is a temporary escape from damage, stun doesn't last that long and didn't stun some of the more dangerous mobs out there, but to each their own u know. The only thing I miss about it, is during this event running through non elite levels fireball kills weak mobs in groups, as for elite...loving it without it. Ice, light, clock, shield. Works wonders for me. I keep curse for rogues, and bosses.

Sceazikua
12-23-2013, 06:47 AM
I dont know why your fireball misses but mine is working perfectly. I have it 5/5, and it never misses. I tried PvP recently but other sorcs dont seem to have trouble with fireball too. Thats just strange :)

Skeokateva
12-23-2013, 09:22 AM

Yes plz fix, if ur a lower lvl pvp socr 1 skill point is a really costly thing to lose bc of a bug. We already get hammered in pvp, so we need all the skill resources we can get. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

otb
12-23-2013, 09:48 AM
I dont know why your fireball misses but mine is working perfectly. I have it 5/5, and it never misses. I tried PvP recently but other sorcs dont seem to have trouble with fireball too. Thats just strange :)

Try respeccing and remove the increase radius upgrade and we'll see what happens.

Trenton
12-23-2013, 10:00 AM

Fire is an AOE skill yes, but its not a very big one unless you get the upgrade. If i'm hammering mobs in Shuyal or doing a 5V5 in PVP the radius upgarde is A MUST. 3M isnt a joke for the skill, its actually a hell of a big range. When you see a warrior heal that is an 8 metre range i think..... Thats huge. Imagine a mage with an AOE that big. Seriously OP. "Fireball, like gale" I was going off of that- my bad. Also with the +3m, I was going with twinking levels, because most can't afford to add that AoE upgrade to be able to "aim correctly," therefore including in alot of deaths at lower levels, because stunning is a sorcerer's only hope at low level.

Sceazikua
12-23-2013, 10:12 AM
Try respeccing and remove the increase radius upgrade and we'll see what happens.

Actually I was talking to Jon who has the upgrade and still misses. I put there "I have it 5/5" for that. You know I can read the first page of the thread and know something about the upgrade already

Samhayne
12-23-2013, 11:08 AM
Hey guys,

I didn't test exhaustively, but playing a bit on my Sorc in PvE and I don't have any problems with it. Even when facing off axis (90 degrees away from the closest target) when the skill goes off my Sorc will auto face that closest target and the fireball will hit. IMHO it could be server side hit detection and latency that is causing what you are experiencing. If you can post the specifics of what you are doing and when you did it as well as what device you are playing on and what you ping time was at the time, that would be great.

ElfDreamer
12-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Its not happen with my sorcerer . Bhahaha...!!XD

Trenton
12-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Hey guys,

I didn't test exhaustively, but playing a bit on my Sorc in PvE and I don't have any problems with it. Even when facing off axis (90 degrees away from the closest target) when the skill goes off my Sorc will auto face that closest target and the fireball will hit. IMHO it could be server side hit detection and latency that is causing what you are experiencing. If you can post the specifics of what you are doing and when you did it as well as what device you are playing on and what you ping time was at the time, that would be great. Did you have the very first upgrade for fireball? Anyways, its usually while running away from a target, meaning around 180 degrees away, I'm not sure if that exactly matters when running but it seems as if running in any direction away from the target will make it completely go a random direction.

Skeokateva
12-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Yup using directional pad & running opposite direction w/o aoe upgrade

Samhayne
12-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the additional input guys. I'll pass it along to our testing team to see if they can reproduce the issue.

Edit: Our QA Team was able to reproduce an issue with the Engulf upgrade. If you don't have it then the skill doesn't act as it should. We're tracking the issue internally and we should be able to get a fix patched out sometime after the first of the year. Thanks again for bringing the issue to our attention and providing details for us to reproduce it!

otb
12-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the additional input guys. I'll pass it along to our testing team to see if they can reproduce the issue.

Edit: Our QA Team was able to reproduce an issue with the Engulf upgrade. If you don't have it then the skill doesn't act as it should. We're tracking the issue internally and we should be able to get a fix patched out sometime after the first of the year. Thanks again for bringing the issue to our attention and providing details for us to reproduce it!

Yes!!! Pls update us when it's fixed, for i will be respecing again :D

Zylx
12-23-2013, 07:49 PM
Yes!!! Pls update us when it's fixed, for i will be respecing again :D

They're fine with that. Respeccing=5plat=$$$ for STS :D

Dreuefesie
12-23-2013, 09:30 PM
They're fine with that. Respeccing=5plat=$$$ for STS :D

In the past when they have changed skills they have held free repec weekends. So it's not all about them forcing players to spend plat.

chitgoks
12-25-2013, 07:09 AM
Ive actually had instances where my fireball goes straight through a mob within range, but it doesnt explode, doesnt say "missed", and no damage is dealt.

yep quite true. even if u fired in front of his face it goes through and doesnt hit

nelson131
12-26-2013, 04:06 AM
lol also happens with shadow storm shot and aimed shot. do we need to get the attention of mobs before firing at them?:dejection:

Nesox
12-30-2013, 04:27 PM
lol also happens with shadow storm shot and aimed shot. do we need to get the attention of mobs before firing at them?:dejection:

Yes you do need to "engage" mobs before they can be hit and this has always been an issue. Mobs need to be automatically engaged/active as soon as they are within range, but this is not what all these fireball posts are refering to.

The current fireball issue is that it misses even with engaged enemies charging at you. Both in PvE and PvP.

Skeokateva
01-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Bump, bc i really would like to use this skill w/o having to use extra point for aim correction. Thx

Lojack
01-08-2014, 12:52 PM
No need to bump, especially when an answer has been given

Sky_is_epicgearz
01-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Hmm if you run solo you shouldn't experience a problem. I'm not sure whether not I'm right but I have noticed that fireball targets 1 mob and then blows up on the surrounding enemy. However sometimes when I use fireball and let's say a rogue kills the mob that my fireball was intended for before fireball has impacted then it just doesn't hit anything (basically a miss). But I think this is for weak mobs that can be easily killed by a rogues aimed shot

Nesox
01-09-2014, 10:36 PM
I have had my fireball fail both soloing KM3 as well as during a Story daily. Both times were against mobs that were actively engaged and within range. I have also had my fireball sail clean through several people in pvp who promptly shortened my lifespan when the stun failed.

Thank you for fixing the Engulf auto aim issue but I don't believe that is the current issue as that had been know to all for many months. The failure of all skills, not just fire, to miss inactive mobs is annoying to no end but it is also not the major malfunction that is being noticed lately. It does not happen all that often but it is super inconvienient when it does. I have not noticed any connection to latency when it does happen.

Allocate
01-14-2014, 02:44 PM
I thought they just need to fix the hit-boxes; the same thing happens on warriors or any move in game.

It could be because this is an online game and mobs load as you progress therefore latency can affect a "hit" or "miss". However, this is the first and only online game where I have expereinced this happen.

I have played on MMOs where there are more than four players and more than 20 mobs on screen and nothing misses. So it could just be a bug somewhere in the code or a simple increase in model hit-boxes might fix all the misses.

MihaMaha
04-30-2014, 11:15 AM
The same thing is happening to me. I changed nothing, just happened spontaneously. Have always had 5/5 on fireball. Now, it just misses targets or only hits 30% of the mobs. Doesn't matter where I am it happens.

Xeusx
04-30-2014, 11:16 AM
Nice necro