PDA

View Full Version : Information about person, who invited someone to guild.

Cthulhu Fhtagn
12-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Really needed. Doesn't matter how, it can be separate announcement (XXX invited YYY to the guild), or you can add this information to 'XXX has joined the guild'. Sometimes, somebody constantly invite to guild person which I kicked (for scamming, begging, doesn't matter), and I can do nothing about that.

Ravager
12-21-2013, 10:37 PM
+1
Some guilds like to reward recruiters who do a good job.

Valsacar
12-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Even better would be a log that officers and GM can see.

Hakanor
12-24-2013, 05:12 PM
yh would be nice

Venom
12-26-2013, 11:13 AM
This is actually a nice idea.

Tehh
12-26-2013, 01:03 PM
I love this idea, it's especially useful if your guild has a level requirement.

Joncheese
12-26-2013, 02:01 PM
+1 for me

bhutkeyur
12-28-2013, 02:32 PM
Why not whole guild activity log?
Who left guild?
Who joined guild?
Who invited by who?
Blacklisted people

Better all person can monitor guild log instead of only gm.
Guild log can be access from guild hall - from same board like lb.

Energizeric
12-28-2013, 10:13 PM
I can see some difficult in STS making this happen because the invite and the join are 2 different and separate actions which may happen some time apart. I think simpler would be to just have a log of every invite that takes place so that officers can see. Or another possibility is to see a separate popup stating "XXX has invited YYY" and have only officers be able to see this one.

Another good idea would be to have a guild "banned" list just like we all have an ignore list. Only the GM can add to the list, but all officers and recruiters can view the list.

bhutkeyur
12-28-2013, 10:27 PM
What kind of difficulty STS probably have? Other mmo games already have implemented this feature ages ago so STS can do that too.

Energizeric
12-28-2013, 10:56 PM
What kind of difficulty STS probably have? Other mmo games already have implemented this feature ages ago so STS can do that too.

It requires a system of temporary storage of such information. I'm guessing the current system does not store anything but simply flashes it on the screen when it happens. Since you can invite someone and they may not join for another 10 minutes or even longer (or maybe not at all), the invite may be long over by the time they join the guild, so that information would need to be stored. And for how long? What if you invite someone and they do not join but also do not delete the invite? This would require an entire reworking of the back end of the program that handles this.

A much simpler solution is to just keep a log that officers can view. Maybe it should list the last 25 invites whether or not the invited party joined the guild. Also, I'm not sure that everyone in the guild should have a right to know who invited everyone. Maybe that information should be limited to officers only.

Cthulhu Fhtagn
12-29-2013, 08:58 AM
Another good idea would be to have a guild "banned" list just like we all have an ignore list. Only the GM can add to the list, but all officers and recruiters can view the list.

For now we have to use external forums and other stuff, but implemented banned list would be awesome.