PDA

View Full Version : Arcane shield

riobravo
12-21-2013, 09:08 PM
Is the arcane shield worth getting as a skill? I have full mythic gear and also have the arcane staff, yet I keep dying every time I fight another mage who uses an arcane shield. Is the arcane shield that affective in pvp? I have fire, frost, lighting, clock, and health. In pvp I use: fire, frost, lighting, and health. Should I lose frost for an arcane shield?

Cero
12-21-2013, 11:07 PM
yes, you need the shield(4/5, no knockback upgrade). A mage without or couldn't use shield is an easy target.

Spyce
12-21-2013, 11:46 PM
yes, you need the shield(4/5, no knockback upgrade). A mage without or couldn't use shield is an easy target.

Why not the "No knockback" upgrade?

Gorecaster
12-22-2013, 09:20 AM
I think shield becomes almost necessary if you plan in running a lot of elite maps. I traded heal for shield and was very happy with the results. Pulling less aggro throwing heals around saves lives. Just gotta make sure your guildmates and friends know to use pots. Our farming runs are getting super fast. I also don't use the 2 seconds of invulnerable. Shield is good for me with 3 points. Can't say much about the PvP aspect as I don't PvP.

utpal
12-23-2013, 02:18 PM
shield is must be in pvp.
and in elite if u use heal u should use shield(two second invulnerable. or knocback upgrade) as u will pull mobs.

Instanthumor
12-23-2013, 03:22 PM

Just listen to Cero, he knows.

Cero
12-23-2013, 06:35 PM

The reason is it is mostly useless. A rogue or warrior has skyward or pierce that can easily narrow the distance.

Btw Charge or uncharge the push happens just like the invulnerable shield before:P