PDA

View Full Version : Vanity items as CTF/PVP rewards

EricB
11-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Lower price on Vanity items and/or turn them into CTF/PVP rewards

CTF/PVP is lacking of players, because there is no chalenging reward.
Campaign has drops and golds, PVPs games need something else.

It would be cool and way more motivating to buy, and play if we can visually show that we killed lots in PVP or skilled in CTF. That's a little bit inspired by the Halo Reach armory mixed with an achievement system.

Terminator: every 100 kills in PVP 1v1 with the ultimate 1000 kill.

Death Squadron: every 50 win in team Deathmatch.

Flagbearer: every 30 CTF win

Killstreaks: if you kill 10 players without dying in the same game.

Unbreakable: win a match without being killed.

Veteran: Peoples that allready reached a certain numbers of PVP's Matchs before the reward system, deserves a special item, that newcomers will be jealous of.

there's maaany others (maybe better) ideas of achievements, i you like my idea i encourage you all to add your own :)

About the prizes i thinking about:

Full black/red flaming set:

helm/shield/armor that perfectly match for bears
witch hat /robe
Enchanted scrolls bag for mages or permanent mini magic-shield.
Black robes and caps (to fit with my Dreamer's Dark Wand.lol)
bla,bla,bla..

Oh and last thing:
Vanity prizes can't be sold/traded and take 0 space in inventory.

Dan.
11-20-2010, 10:38 AM
I really like this idea! Today i was playing pvp and earned some gold? It was weird. I kille someone and it gave me 6 gold...? But i almost nvr play pvp cuz i nvr get anything out of it!:(

Flonkas
11-20-2010, 12:39 PM
This is a wonderful idea. I would totally play pvp more, and I'm sure others would too... Right now theres no incentive...

Arterra
11-20-2010, 12:44 PM
This is a wonderful idea. I would totally play pvp more, and I'm sure others would too... Right now theres no incentive...

apart from the fact it is very rewarding to suddenly find that one fireblast combo later, everyone around you is dead :)

noobmigo
11-20-2010, 12:50 PM
lol @dan. You most likely blew up a barrel, and it gave you gold. I don't like this idea, because you could just have someone stand there and let you kill him. It's the same situation with the lb

Flonkas
11-20-2010, 12:56 PM
lol @dan. You most likely blew up a barrel, and it gave you gold. I don't like this idea, because you could just have someone stand there and let you kill him. It's the same situation with the lb

Hmm didn't think of that.... There must be some way around it though??

Flonkas
11-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Hmm didn't think of that.... There must be some way around it though??

How about if you want to play for rewards then you have to do a completely random opponent.

SgtOVERKILL
11-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Good idea only problem like banned said boosting is a problem. such as getting Ur lvl one friend to let u kill them

juhnken773
11-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Yeah yu and yur friend can jss take turns killing each other till both obtain the items

Dan.
11-21-2010, 12:00 AM
Wow guys...easily solved. Lets say u wanna do pvp. The person u face is on shuffle. Randomly put against other players, which means no farming possiblw. Should also disable chat so that u cant discuss a deal with farming while facing this person.:)

Flonkas
11-21-2010, 01:02 AM
Wow guys...easily solved. Lets say u wanna do pvp. The person u face is on shuffle. Randomly put against other players, which means no farming possiblw. Should also disable chat so that u cant discuss a deal with farming while facing this person.:)

I Already posted that before all there responses but I guess no one reads lol

Arterra
11-21-2010, 01:04 AM
Nice idea. A sort of special arena. Anything else is just practice lol.

EricB
11-21-2010, 11:08 AM
Yeaaahhh bring the Colluseum mode!!!

By the way thanks for the feedback guys,

Also, as Pvp could now get the attention of players, there will be a lot more peoples playing it.
From that, i suppose a few restrictions and rules should be added, to make it fair, and fun to play.

-The shuffle idea is very good, it may prevent farming,

-To this i think should be added (at least as an option) maybe a way to play only against players in a range of 5 levels, for example a L30 can only randomly get in a fight against L 28 to L32.
It's very frustrating and not fun to drop in an arena against too strong opponents that vaporized you at the second u see them.

-Or maybe a sort of pool, in the "join game" panel, with all the players listed (just Level ,class,wins, status (busy/quest/available) so you can challenge anyone anywhere
Then your opponent get a "Fight Request" were he can see your Level/class/wins and decide to take it or not.

i don't know, just some ideas on the fly, as i didn't played much Pvp for now, i don't have much knowledge about it.

Lesrider
11-21-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm finding Pvp hard to get into, as someone who never really used it before. The seasoned pvpers kill me instantly, so it's hard to practice. I tried creating a game with a friend so we could practice, but the experienced players just came in and killed us. So how does one practice Pvp if you die so fast?

supremo502
11-21-2010, 12:18 PM
whoever shoots 1st usually wins

pcm2a
11-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Other mmorpg games (a.k.a. Wow) have rewards for playing battlegrounds and arena.

EricB
11-26-2010, 09:50 AM
add it to 1.6! pleaaase! lol