PDA

View Full Version : Beware of scam

Pin
12-22-2013, 09:06 AM
Hello everyone.
I don't know if anyone had posted about this kind of scam. But I would like to share what I know.

I have seen quite a number of people using this type of 'Scam' or should I say Trick.
Firstly, they will list an item in consignment shop, usually overpriced if it's the only one in auction. (sometimes normal market price, the cheapest one in auction)
Next, they will use a different toon and shout in towns (mostly outpost) that they are trading lepre for that item xxx. or paying high price for that item xxx.

Don't fall into their traps!

This is a trap. You will think it's a good deal and you will buy that item xxx.
After you buy that item, they will either logout or they will say they already traded it with someone else.

And boom! There's goes your gold.

Just sharing what I know.

Always be careful when you are trading, double triple check the digits and items.

Desperoto
12-22-2013, 09:12 AM
Nice warning, +1!

Crowsfoot
12-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Its a common scam. Always offer pure gold in a trade unless you already have the item in your inventory.

Prahasit Prahi
12-22-2013, 11:04 AM
This is the way how I got scammed for the 1st time when I was level 16 way back 9months before

Deadprezz
12-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Same... That's how I got scammed for the first time. If the deal is too good it ain't real.

Temarichan
12-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Just be careful. Nice guide.

mage blood
12-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Hello everyone.
I don't know if anyone had posted about this kind of scam. But I would like to share what I know.

I have seen quite a number of people using this type of 'Scam' or should I say Trick.
Firstly, they will list an item in consignment shop, usually overpriced if it's the only one in auction. (sometimes normal market price, the cheapest one in auction)
Next, they will use a different toon and shout in towns (mostly outpost) that they are trading lepre for that item xxx. or paying high price for that item xxx.

Don't fall into their traps!

This is a trap. You will think it's a good deal and you will buy that item xxx.
After you buy that item, they will either logout or they will say they already traded it with someone else.

And boom! There's goes your gold.

Just sharing what I know.

Always be careful when you are trading, double triple check the digits and items.

That's a great and useful warning. Yep. We will bear in mind about this.

Also , that's why i trust auction sales more than the random players that shout item sale in the town..

Some players are genuine and honest. And some are scammers.

Valkiryas
12-22-2013, 06:53 PM
I saw a lot of people triying get gold that way, i never trust and I usually report but they are too much or my "report button" is broken!

chitgoks
12-22-2013, 09:11 PM
lol me too but damage was minimal. he got a low pet egg from me

Iphoneington
12-22-2013, 09:19 PM
Everyone try to avoid scams... They're everywhere O_o

thanya_bluegirls
12-23-2013, 07:00 AM
thanks for the information! :)