PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Damage Parser

derricks2
11-19-2010, 07:00 PM
With the latest updates requiring lots of player feedback in "hard numbers," it is very hard to give if you dont have those numbers. You cant tell you damage from everyone elses etc..

It shouldn't be too hard to implement a damage parser into the server side of the game. Have a "tab" in the avatar screen that is labeled "parse" and this populates data only for the game you are in. So the game keeps track of the stats, not my client, so if I join a game and look at the parse, I can see who has done what damage already since the creation of that game.

Useful data this should contain would be
Min normal hit(non crit)
Max normal hit(non crit)

Min normal hit(crit)
Max normal hit(crit)

Min ability hit(non crit)
Max ability hit(non crit)

Min ability hit(crit)
Max ability hit(crit)

Over all damage done
DPS
Time in game
Mobs killed
Total Damage Healed(non pots)
HP pots used
MP pot used
# of deaths
Total dmg received

You can add more as people come up with more useful data. What this does is allow us to give numerical feedback about where we are. This would be worth the implementation because it helps the individual gauge him/herself vs other similar classes to see how they are doing. If you notice someone of the same class doing way better than you, then you can ask them what they are doing right.

It allows us to learn. We can see people we would wantt o group with in the future and people who cannot play their class. It allows clan/guild/group leaders to set standards and see who is not holding their part of the team up. It allows a group in a zone to see who is causing them to fail.

Would be a good idea I think.

addiekai
11-19-2010, 07:02 PM
This would really fill up the tiny iDevice and Android screens....

jonboy
11-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Server load problems possible

derricks2
11-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Server load problems possible

Well not all that info has to be kept track of.

I do not see any server load problems. Its minisule data. It doesnt have to be loaded graphically. ITs 1s and 0s thats send to the phone. Your game is updating constantly anyways and a extra 5 bytes of data per inbound data shouldn't be a load issue.

You can show 2 players at a time with a arrow to cycle to the next 2 players.
Player 1 | Player 2
XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX

Lesrider
11-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Sounds interesting, but would need to be optional (turned on or off). I agree, I have trouble seeing all the data above each little head. Some of it goes by so fast and in colors that don't have good contrast to the background. So I actually have no idea what kind of damage my characters deal. I just pay attention the the health bar.

Rashkar
11-20-2010, 07:02 PM
This would be a terrific idea. This would help us all to find out exactly which classes are doing what and would help us to really evaluate the classes and skills.

Also on top of this, it would be REALLY helpful to be given the damage calculation formulas for all of the skills for each of the classes so that we can test these more effectively as well.

Necrobane
11-20-2010, 07:21 PM
I would be happy with just a togglable dps/ overall damage bar that sits somewhere on the ui. Maybe sts could do it so the bit on the ui shows your stats. and a tab in the menu screen shows everyones stats that occured r are occuring during the most recent fight. Good idea :)