PDA

View Full Version : Recruit a Friend!

Necrobane
11-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Suddenly remembered that system they had going in wow where you could recruit a friend in playing, and if they bought a game card you get 3x xp when they're close to you ingame. I thought that this would be an awsome way to get more players and the idea i had was that if you can get a friend on their own account to buy say up to the LE then you both get say 2 weeks of 2x xp when your in the same dungeon and within 3 lvls of each other. what do you reckon?

Lesrider
11-19-2010, 09:18 PM
But what if you're already lvl capped when you invite your friend? I think free plat would be a better incentive for those who can't ge any xp anymore. Perhaps once the friend buys their first plat package (30 plat or more) you get 5 plat free?

Necrobane
11-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. it would be very worth it to sts.

Necrobane
11-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Oh, and it would have to be done outside the game or people would hook up with new players and get them to buy plat. Perhaps get a page on the forums where each person has to agree then its done?

Lesrider
11-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Well it shouldn't work with accounts that are already created. For it to work, when they sign up, the person should say that you referred them. Then when they buy their first plat package, you get some too. I think it would be very simple -- so many companies offer incentives like that to get their customers to bring in more customers. And now with droid here and pc coming, people will be able to reach out to more of their friends. And there's already the incentive of getting to play with your friends :) so people would be glad to do this.

TheLaw
11-20-2010, 03:39 AM
Nice idea! Platinum rewarda for recruiting people. NICE!

Arterra
11-20-2010, 09:38 AM
nice. time to start making reviews online...

Kingofhurtz
11-20-2010, 09:51 AM
If anyone has ever played eliminate pro, they know that there was a recruiting system that if you put in a persons email and then that person joined, you would get a reward (in this case it was a gun). Then as you recruited more and more people, yup got better rewards!

Arterra
11-20-2010, 10:00 AM
recruiters gear :D awesome.

noobmigo
11-20-2010, 10:03 AM
i like this idea.

Varking
11-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Not sure if this will be worth the hassle. They used to allow things like this in Pocket Empires but people would just spam their referral email or code in the app reviews for the game, and other games, and it was going to get taken off of the market because of it. Google told the people who made Parallel Kingdom the same thing for code spam in the market reviews.

No matter how they set it up, if platinum or loot is given for inviting people, people will spam forums, this apps review section, and even other apps, which could result in their account getting banned and we would lose it on the Android Market.

Exp works because you. Are playing with the people who you claim you referred. Gear or plat will cause many issues.