PDA

View Full Version : Unable to install most recent update.

raysinhell
11-19-2010, 09:23 PM
I started playing Pocket Legends just after it's public beta release for Android. Up to this point I have had no problems installing, updating, and playing. I've very much been enjoying this game, so much so that I purchased some Platinum to purchase more dungeons yesterday.

Then now this latest update (1.5.4) has been causing me nothing but problems. I'm unable to get it to install no matter what I try. I've tried updating through the Android Market. I've tried a full uninstall and reinstall. I've tried rebooting. I've tried shutting down and removing the battery for a while. I've tried phone and SD placement. I've also tried downloading the .apk directly from the Pocket Legends website. I've tried every possible combination of all above methods. It simply with not install.

I have a HTC EVO, unmodded, running the latest Android software. Any help, information, and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated. It's rather inconvienent that I through down money to play a game I'm enjoying one day, and the next I am unable to play it.

Lodenk
11-19-2010, 09:38 PM
I have heard about this issue on a Droid, and a HTC HD2 running Android OS 2.2 we even tried downloading the .apk and it won't install.

raysinhell
11-19-2010, 10:04 PM
So my buddy that also plays this game, using the exact same phone I have (identical versions and everything), had no trouble updating. His downloaded, updated/installed, and plays just fine.

Very aggravating and frustrating...

Futumsh
11-19-2010, 11:03 PM
The dance you may want to try:

Uninstall previous version
Shut down device
Remove sdcard
Start up device
Download and install

It seems that some devices just don't install apps properly when they prefer installing to sdcard. Please let us know if this works for you. If so it should be safe to move it to the sdcard afterwards.

raysinhell
11-20-2010, 12:26 AM
After trying different things as I had ideas I finally came up with a fix, which is similar to what Futumsh suggested. I figured out what to do to get it to install before reading that reply tho.

Here is what worked for me; I went into the SD/phone storage section in the Settings menu. In there I selected "Unmount SD card". From there I tried installing and it completed successfully. Then I just went back to the settings and mounted the SD card. All works fine now.

In short, if you are having trouble installing, either shut your phone down and remove the memory card and install with it out.. or if you have an unmount option in your phone you can do what I did. On some phones it seems it doesn't like to install with an SD card mounted. Odd though I haven't had this issue until this latest update. I've been playing since v1.5.0. Had no issue with the .1 and .2 updates. Never saw a .3 update.

smariotti
11-25-2010, 02:21 PM
I have an Epic 4G and up until the last update Pocket Legends has installed and updated fine. This last one wouldn't install any way I tried it. I had to physically remove my sd card to get the install to succeed. Disabling it in Settings didn't work for me.

gene.droid.first
11-30-2010, 10:56 PM
i can fix the update problem and the install problem. i am running perfect with the update on my droid x email me at gene.droid.first@gmail.com if you are having any problems. you can email me 24 hours a day and i will get back asap. also if the dev. team is looking at this please email me i would love to be apart of the team this is exactly what i have been trying to do for years.

thanks,
gene

E-Mail: gene.droid.first@gmail.com