PDA

View Full Version : PVP: Shadow Piercer VS Razor Shield ?

chorba69
12-23-2013, 06:28 AM
Talking about endgame pvp. What do you use?
I could have about 65-70% dodge while razor shield is active, plus it deals dmg.
Piercer is also good but, since we dont have so much mana, could razor be better for pvp?

Limsi
12-23-2013, 07:14 AM
The pierce's sub upgrade shadow absorption is vital for pvp. It allows a rouge to successfully regen 10% of his Hp upon impact. :)

chorba69
12-23-2013, 07:29 AM
True that :) But, isnt it better to dodge the attack than restoring 300-1000hp?
And, one thing more. In piercer, which upgrades are better? Shadow Absorption+Leading Dagger or Shadow Absorption+Rising Death? That means, hp restore+more targets vs hp restore+additional dmg? As far as I know, Rising Death deals 3-4x 10% of Shadow Piercer's dmg. So if u hit 1k with piercer, you will do 300-400dmg more.
And, do you charge piercer in pvp? Cause rising death upgrade wont work if it's charged :)
Opinions?

wvhills
12-23-2013, 09:26 AM
you'll never charge shadow pierce in pvp unless it's to shoot through a single target to escape. The last place a rogue wants to be is out in front, right in the middle of a pack of enemies (which is right where SP will put u). get SP with the shadow absorption upgrade only. If u have extra points put them in dex, dmg, might and int passives. You're build should be this:

aimed: 5/5
packs: 5/5
nox: 2/5 (15% more damage upgrade)
SP: 2/5 (recover 10% health upgrade)

max dex, damage, might, int passives. If u have any points left over put them in nox and SP somewhere.
If u use a bow remember to charge ur autoattack to stun. Also, if u don't have fully mythic gears and good pets u probably aren't going to have very much fun. U'll end up being farmed all the time. :(

If u want to pvp but don't have the gold for end game u should consider twinking. I'd recommend level 21 because there aren't any mythics available at that level so it will be cheaper.

chorba69
12-23-2013, 11:25 AM
@wvhills, in packs there's a upgrade that grants heal over time. how much does it heal in pvp?
And, why shouldnt I get the upgrade in nox for longer poison duration? Isnt it useful?
Tbh, I'm too lazy to create a twink. I love endgame, thats why I made a rogue. Quitted with mage cause it was 1hit k.o. everytime. So yeah.
Just yeah, what are the requirements in pvp? I dont have mythics but I use best leggy gear out there and am about to buy mythic ring when I get 1m more.
I currently have: 2,6k HP, 48% dodge, 30% crit, 372dmg, 1,4k MP, 1.1k armor. Any chances to compete?

FluffNStuff
12-23-2013, 12:07 PM
I tried to go without SP because Razor Shield is SOOO tempting, but then you run into a curse mage and your dead in the water. SP is that skill you might not ~always~ need, but when you do need it, you NEED IT!!!

baddiva
12-23-2013, 07:11 PM
There's something I curious about RS... Does the anti-movement-debuff upgrade resists stun/panic/terrify?

wvhills
12-23-2013, 09:31 PM
@wvhills, in packs there's a upgrade that grants heal over time. how much does it heal in pvp?
And, why shouldnt I get the upgrade in nox for longer poison duration? Isnt it useful?
Tbh, I'm too lazy to create a twink. I love endgame, thats why I made a rogue. Quitted with mage cause it was 1hit k.o. everytime. So yeah.
Just yeah, what are the requirements in pvp? I dont have mythics but I use best leggy gear out there and am about to buy mythic ring when I get 1m more.
I currently have: 2,6k HP, 48% dodge, 30% crit, 372dmg, 1,4k MP, 1.1k armor. Any chances to compete?

The Heal over time is pretty good. With the amount of damage that good toons deal every little bit helps, 3 extra seconds is 300 damage so u can get it if u want. Honestly man, ur not really going to compete. :(
The rogues ull be going against will have 3600-4000 Health, 380-415 damage and 1350 armor. I hate to sound negative but gears has a lot to do with PVP. Give it a try tho! Just don't feel bad if u die a lot, u may be a good player but will be severely undergeared.

chorba69
12-24-2013, 11:04 AM
Erm, one thing more.
I respecced, took aim nox piercer packs.
I took all upgrades i wanted and I had 1 point left. I've put it in piercer, Rising Death upgrade.
Before I've put that point, I had only hp restore upgrade.
So, before upgrade, I used to hit about 1,5k with non charged piercer. After I've put a point in Rising death, I hit about 500dmg, non charged too. Why's that? Alright I do about 200-250dmg more because of rising death upgrade (4x40-50 dmg). So that means I lost 700dmg for nothing.
Does that happen to you too or?
And, that seems we can have only 1upgrade in piercer to keep the max dmg output?

Alfai
12-25-2013, 06:18 AM
Btw serrated arrows increase the dmg radius by 15%,not adding dmg to 15%.if im not wrong.in pvp it can be useful for group clash.otherwise ill drop it and focus on single target dmg.my 2 cents.