PDA

View Full Version : Post-Rebalance Mage Question

Burton
11-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Well ever since the recent rebalance update I have seen a lot of people talking about how mages are much more powerful now but I don't completely understand.

So the question is:

Is the reason that mages are more powerful now based on the fact that skills recharge faster and u get extra mana? If that is so than I will stay as a pally but if there is a different reason that makes pure mages even more powerful then I think I should respec.

icantgetkills
11-19-2010, 11:11 PM
There not more powerfull there balanced! Again finally

Ellyidol
11-19-2010, 11:15 PM
In my opinion, its the skills. We didn't really have a problem with mana before since m/s was so high.

What makes them seem more powerful more than ever, is the weakening of mobs. Not just mages, but all classes actually perform better against the weaker mobs. Mages stand out more since one combo deals a lot of damage, and recharges quicker.

EDIT:

And agreed with ^. They just seem so powerful now because from how weak they were before, to being balanced now, seems like a big improvement.

Burton
11-19-2010, 11:22 PM
So the main question here was whether or not I could benefit from respeccing to either a pure Mage or just adding more int to to my pally

Lapinsalaingr
11-20-2010, 12:01 AM
IMO pallys are still the "easiest" way. I've been through a number of boss fights in aoe3 and pure mages still struggle to stay alive more than a few seconds.

Ogediah
11-20-2010, 04:49 AM
Pally is a good build on this table. In my opinion, STR and INT are favored for mages after the update. A lot of people like dex, but I dont like it more than a couple hundred point for of health and some armor.