PDA

View Full Version : keeping names in AL

xlovableaze
12-23-2013, 10:56 AM
hey guys

i just want to say that many people keeping names and then they will sell it to ppl for a expensive price. this should have rules for no keeping name. name is free for all no need to buy. so sts should check all inactive and then delete. cause many people is looking for a good name. but all is taken . :)

Rare
12-23-2013, 11:00 AM

xtazz
12-23-2013, 11:02 AM
This is true i've been trying to contact a person with the name i always use since first season and still nothing please sts do something about this

Raghavbatra
12-23-2013, 11:11 AM
They deleted inactive characters below lvl 5 in sl during 36 cap, so pretty sure it can be done in al aswell :)

Zeus
12-23-2013, 11:29 AM
So they'd have to differentiate between people who reserved names and people who didn't?

Rare
12-23-2013, 11:40 AM
They deleted inactive characters below lvl 5 in sl during 36 cap, so pretty sure it can be done in al aswell :)

They did do that. But I don't think its the policy anymore. I've asked recently and they will not.

ClumsyCactus
12-23-2013, 12:45 PM
though, i know guy with a awesome name that is currently having a break because of school... wouldnt be far since u cant ask to them irl if they use their accs.

DagnyTaggart
12-23-2013, 12:52 PM
though, i know guy with a awesome name that is currently having a break because of school... wouldnt be far since u cant ask to them irl if they use their accs.

I know it happens but I just find it humorous. Why would someone buy a name? Seems dumb to me.

xlovableaze
12-23-2013, 01:35 PM
I know it happens but I just find it humorous. Why would someone buy a name? Seems dumb to me.

because if u want a cool or awesome name thy are alrdy taken. and in ordr to get them u will buy it to the owner it cost mil

Sorcerie
12-23-2013, 04:03 PM
There are people who reserve certain names for massive sums of profit? smh

That's a whole other level of low.

Vystirch
12-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Let me fix this problem... Ok follow these steps:
1) Find Time Machine
2) Go back in time to before ALs Release or it's first week of release.
3) Reserve or get your name.
4) Get extra names for your alts. Settle on your main character after trying out all 3 classes.
5) Sell the names/alts you didn't use.
6) Now read about people complaining about not getting a name in a game released over a year ago.

-Vys

Ebezaanec
12-23-2013, 05:32 PM
1) Find Time Machine
4) Get extra names for your alts. Settle on your main character after trying out all 3 classes.
6) Now read about people complaining about not getting a name in a game released over a year ago.

-Vys

Totally.. I find spare Time Machines all the time in my local thrift shop.. :p

xlovableaze
12-23-2013, 06:49 PM
1) Find Time Machine

-Vys

doesnt make any sense

Ebezaanec
12-23-2013, 07:33 PM
doesnt make any sense

Makes perfect sense to me

Don't worry Vys, time loops and flux-capacitors are pretty simple :p

Venom
12-23-2013, 11:44 PM
People who started playing during Beta have the best names, people who started in season 1 had the chance to get rest of the best names. Season 2+ players can either find the owners of the names they want and 'convince' them to give it to them. How they convince is their problem.

Regarding deleting low level characters, many people twink right from lvl 1 onwards. Would you like someone's twink to be deleted? There is no limit on how many characters you can have on AL. I myself am obsessed with good names like many other players. I have gifted a few to my close ones as well. So instead of complaining on forums, you should work on being friends with some old player. Maybe you will get gifted too ;)

Alhuntrazeck
12-24-2013, 03:49 AM
There are plenty of original names lying about - dig up a dictionary and hunt up words shorter than 13 letters. I've got some pretty decent verbs/adverbs/adjectives/whatevers - they won't be as good as names which some people own (looks at Lmao) but they'll serve ya well!

Some of mine are Abducting, Abhorred, Absorbant, Kindled, Reminding, Unassuming, Interrogation, Foldable, etc...

I have a friend who made his twink, Sulphuricacid, in season 5, too.

Vystirch
12-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Or just make a name for yourself... such as Vystirch. After using a original name across multiple games people start to recognize you. I cant tell you how many times people in order and Chaos came up to me and said, " Your Vystirch! From AL right? Your awesome! " Ive even had someone in a game i just joined say " OMG, your Vys! I can't believe it!" and then after i talked with him awhile at the end he said... "I can't believe I talked with Vystirch! I'm gonna tell my friends!" My point it whatever name you chose even if it isnt a real word is valuable. Its just up to you to make it valuable. So good luck :)

-Vys

Trenton
12-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Cry because you didn't get a certain name that you wanted

Vjerevica
12-24-2013, 07:32 PM
Am I missing something? Crying over names? :hopelessness: :stupid:
This thread is just hilarious. I've had really and I mean really good laugh. Thank you so much. :highly_amused:

Sariita
12-24-2013, 07:42 PM
1) Find Time Machine

-Vys
Lol I'm lucky I never had that problem. Sariita, Ohh my little Sariita Lol

-Sarii♥

Xenobiotic
12-24-2013, 08:28 PM
I got Xenobiotic in S3, Execratory in S5, and Achileo in S5. How can name making be THIS hard huh? Maybe your just plain lazy.
Get off of your bum and take out a dictionary if you don't have a good imaginary mind, otherwise be quite.

Venom
12-24-2013, 11:59 PM
I got Affair in April/May something XD

People really need to try.. still many good names out there!

Anarchist
12-25-2013, 12:39 AM
Now Vystirch why should someone want to buy a name makes no sense puah use ***fantasy***

(by the way i personally dont like the name "Vystirch" reminds of "Ostrich" xD )

Vystirch
12-25-2013, 02:04 AM
Now Vystirch why should someone want to buy a name makes no sense puah use ***fantasy***

(by the way i personally dont like the name "Vystirch" reminds of "Ostrich" xD )

Someone would "want" to buy a name because [drumroll please] they "want" it. Tada!!!

Cool, I guess you don't like long necked birds. Btw, Your name just rings with creativity, as does every name with elite or noob in it...

-Vys

Temarichan
12-25-2013, 02:35 AM

Uh...rudeness.. --"

I've seen some strange names but I find those names unique because the owner of the name had some thinking going on.

Now name reserves, I do have some name reserves. But none have been deleted whoever said that a lot of inactives were deleted prior to the lvl 36 contents....

It's a collection of names that I've claimed, that I may use sometime. Some are unique, some are original. Just having them makes me feel kinda lucky.

I'm sorry, that sounds selfish to some, but it's how I operate as well as others. :) but most of them are not obvious dont worry lol.

Zylx
12-25-2013, 02:46 AM
Or just make a name for yourself... such as Vystirch. After using a original name across multiple games people start to recognize you. I cant tell you how many times people in order and Chaos came up to me and said, " Your Vystirch! From AL right? Your awesome! " Ive even had someone in a game i just joined say " OMG, your Vys! I can't believe it!" and then after i talked with him awhile at the end he said... "I can't believe I talked with Vystirch! I'm gonna tell my friends!" My point it whatever name you chose even if it isnt a real word is valuable. Its just up to you to make it valuable. So good luck :)

-Vys

I call shenanigans!

Anarchist
12-25-2013, 09:29 AM
When did saying what you think became rude.zzzz. Elitefamily represents the fact that this is the official forum account of all my Elite and Espada characters i am talking of something near 20 chars and all of them have preety dope names, just to give you some example "Elitedorato" : the golden elite (italian+english), "Elitedelight": This one is preety obvious " Espadarevenge":. Revenge of the warrior (spanish+english).

Now imo this are preety good names better than "vystirch" wish as i said before reminds of "Ostrich" but this just my opinion dont be bothered xD

Ebezaanec
12-25-2013, 09:36 AM
When did saying what you think became rude.zzzz. Elitefamily represents the fact that this is the official forum account of all my Elite and Espada characters i am talking of something near 20 chars and all of them have preety dope names, just to give you some example "Elitedorato" : the golden elite (italian+english), "Elitedelight": This one is preety obvious " Espadarevenge":. Revenge of the warrior (spanish+english).

Now imo this are preety good names better than "vystirch" wish as i said before reminds of "Ostrich" but this just my opinion dont be bothered xD

IMO, Vystirch is better than all of those names..

Now, now.. Don't be offended either ;)

And back to the OP: I bought 2 character slots yesterday using story tokens. I pulled out my trusty dictionary and got these names:

-Syllabic
-Apothem

Anarchist
12-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Using a dictionary to be able to dig out your char name in my opinion is lack of fantasy Sir, now don't be offendend Sir. C:

Morholt
12-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Welcome to the world of mmo games.
The first thing you do when a game comes out is to try getting awesome names.

God, Sephiroth, Goku, etc.

Asking why people would pay a fortunate for a name is...well--bluntly put--idiotic, ESPECIALLY in THIS game (Arcane Legends). I can't even understand how you can ask that question. This game has vanity items. And some are priced well over 1 million each. That's with there being multiples of them. A name....that is 100% unique. Nobody can copy it. You could say that at minimum, a name is worth more than the highest valued vanity multiplied by the number in existence.

Anarchist
12-25-2013, 12:37 PM
For me it still makes no sense to buy a name...thats your avatar put your Immagination and heart in it And cough out a good name if you cant get Raziel call it Azriel if its God call it Lord if its Goku call it Kakarot if its Sephiroth call it Sorax only dumb ppl buy names And the dumbest ones buy names brought out from a dictionary this is my way of playing this is my code.

Rare
12-25-2013, 12:41 PM
For me it still makes no sense to buy a name...thats your avatar put your Immagination and heart in it And cough out a good name if you cant get Raziel call it Azriel if its God call it Lord if its Goku call it Kakarot if its Sephiroth call it Sorax only dumb ppl buy names And the dumbest ones buy names brought out from a dictionary this is my way of playing this is my code.

Well, as you know, opinions are like ***holes, everyone has one. And it isn't always appropriate to share it with the world.

BurnedAlive
12-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Play bd and there's like 20 "gods"

Anarchist
12-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Well, as you know, opinions are like ***holes, everyone has one. And it isn't always appropriate to share it with the world.

"It isn't always" =/= it's never always

This time i couldn't refrain from talking sorry.

Rare
12-25-2013, 01:01 PM
"It isn't always" =/= it's never always

This time i couldn't refrain from talking sorry.

"This time"?

Btw, "it's never always" == "it isn't always"

Anarchist
12-25-2013, 01:12 PM
Okay Okay u are right ^^

As for anyone that want to waste is money buying names from dictionaries you are right too Merry christmas and cheers :D

Ebezaanec
12-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Using a dictionary to be able to dig out your char name in my opinion is lack of fantasy Sir, now don't be offendend Sir. C:

I'm sorry if you don't share the same interests as me... But frankly, I enjoy looking into my dictionary. I find words that I never seen before and many of them are pretty cool.

You see it as a lack of fantasy... I see it as an exploration of vocabulary..

One man's trash is another man's treasure..

Joncheese
12-25-2013, 02:11 PM

People do like names, and some do want to buy them. Why? What if you have achieved everything else in the game? What if that's your next goal?

Names are out there. It all depends on what you class as a good name I suppose. Last week or so I got Riskybusiness, hellraising, honkee etc.

Deleting low level characters isn't a good idea because there are hundreds if not thousands. How would you be able to determined which you could delete? If you're talking about those that are inactive, how do u class inactive? Hellraising is on my Lvl 10 twink, I hardly play it, but it is there. I'd be proper raging if it was deleted.

Also I'm sorry to say that perhaps the only reason you're asking for this is because you want a cool name for yourself. Correct? So why should everyone else be penalised just because you don't like your name?

Venom hit the nail on the head, if u are a nice person and you're friends with someone that has names then maybe you will be lucky enough to be gifted one, otherwise you better just get reading through the dictionary.

Joncheese
12-25-2013, 02:16 PM

Epic reply. Merry Xmas

Vystirch
12-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Yesterday I saw someone with the name Breezaga... I would have never seen this name before this Christmas event. Just chose a name you like and move on. EliteFamily your name is fine, I rly could give a rat's butt about someones name. I have one that I love, and have developed a character for it over multiple games.

Vystirch
Whisperer to the Ents
Elf/Dwarf descended from Kili and Tauriel
Guardian of Fangorn Forest

There was no reason to go off insulting my name like you did. I am sorry for insulting your to get back at you and respectfully ask you to maybe, just maybe, grow up and get some manners.

Sincerely,
-Vys

Anarchist
12-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Deleting low level characters isn't a good idea because there are hundreds if not thousands.

Also I'm sorry to say that perhaps the only reason you're asking for this is because you want a cool name for yourself. Correct? So why should everyone else be penalised just because you don't like your name?

Venom hit the nail on the head, if u are a nice person and you're friends with someone that has names then maybe you will be lucky enough to be gifted one, otherwise you better just get reading through the dictionary.

Mr Joncheese
1) i love my name and will never change it for anything. it reminds of a family and i picked the idea up from the donquijote family from one piece.
2) you missed a crucial point i dont care if low level chars would be erased or not cause i dont hoard names nor do i want any name hoarder to lose is precious names infact idgaf.
3) i don't need a dictionary unlike you to get a good name.

There was no reason to go off insulting my name like you did. I am sorry for insulting your to get back at you and respectfully ask you to maybe, just maybe, grow up and get some manners.

Sincerely,
-Vys
I respectfully ask you the same thing Vystirch grow up and don't overheat because others don't like something about you and they tell you in your face, said this i am sorry for my harsh behaviour there's is always a better way to say what you think without offending others and the more calm you are when explaining the more people are willing to listen to you.

Merry christmas and Happy holidays.

Ebezaanec
12-25-2013, 04:05 PM

Here we go again.. People have different definitions of good.

We don't judge your methods of choosing a "good" name. Sure, stringing words together may be great for you, but you should not judge how others choose their names.

Xbadboyx
12-25-2013, 04:27 PM
blueglue(mage) xtoothfairyx(rogue) childpredator(mage) lol the last name is just for fun also to make ppl aware of childpredators irl ,tho i get farmed so much in pvp! :)

Anarchist
12-25-2013, 05:00 PM
Here we go again.. People have different definitions of good.

We don't judge your methods of choosing a "good" name. Sure, stringing words together may be great for you, but you should not judge how others choose their names.

Okay mister you are right ^^
now (please) drop this matter.

Morholt
12-25-2013, 06:05 PM
For me it still makes no sense to buy a name...thats your avatar put your Immagination and heart in it And cough out a good name if you cant get Raziel call it Azriel if its God call it Lord if its Goku call it Kakarot if its Sephiroth call it Sorax only dumb ppl buy names And the dumbest ones buy names brought out from a dictionary this is my way of playing this is my code.No. They may be similar, but they aren't the same unique names. Certain names/words have a greater impact. Lord =/= God. Lord has MANY definitions that people would assume before God, even if the reader is a Christian (as many other religions don't use those names synonymously).

Pretend sts was having a fundraiser of some sort, and the names Goku and Kakorat were freed up and to be bid upon. More than likely, they would not sell for the same amounts (unless some super rich baller could outbid the max money of the second richest player for each name).

It isn't just about the name itself. It is a class thing, a status symbol. Do you own a watch? A nice one? Lots of people do...and they have no real use! Just about anyone with a watch can look at their phone for the time...or a clock nearby. There are very few cases where a watch is needed. There are none where an expensive watch is truly needed, other than being a status symbol.

"See my watch? It is packed with so many gems on it that it can't even tell the time because the hands get stuck on the stones!"

Stop complaining about pixels and names. Worry more about people spending $1,000,000 on a watch instead of using that money to help a charity and such.

xlovableaze
12-25-2013, 06:33 PM
People do like names, and some do want to buy them. Why? What if you have achieved everything else in the game? What if that's your next goal?

Names are out there. It all depends on what you class as a good name I suppose. Last week or so I got Riskybusiness, hellraising, honkee etc.

Deleting low level characters isn't a good idea because there are hundreds if not thousands. How would you be able to determined which you could delete? If you're talking about those that are inactive, how do u class inactive? Hellraising is on my Lvl 10 twink, I hardly play it, but it is there. I'd be proper raging if it was deleted.

uhm. but what if its not using? 0 pvp kills. right? thats so stupid. and why would u sell a name that is free for all? and u gotta make a lot of alts that u are not using js to keep the names and resell and let the ppl offer for it. lol. and how u can call i a alt if never use it? sts should check all inactive low lvl that there is no items. so u gotta be think what u preach :)

Wutzgood
12-25-2013, 07:13 PM
Thanks to this topic I remembered I wanted another Mage called wutzup. Thankfully the name was never taken.

Applejaqs
12-25-2013, 08:17 PM
uhm. but what if its not using? 0 pvp kills. right? thats so stupid. and why would u sell a name that is free for all? and u gotta make a lot of alts that u are not using js to keep the names and resell and let the ppl offer for it. lol. and how u can call i a alt if never use it? sts should check all inactive low lvl that there is no items. so u gotta be think what u preach :)

There is no point in sts doing such. People will immediately go after names of people they know have quit and stockpiling will happen again. There is going to be no end to it no matter what. Half the people on here that want it to happen are after that exact thing.

BudakGemuk
12-25-2013, 08:34 PM
blueglue(mage) xtoothfairyx(rogue) childpredator(mage) lol the last name is just for fun also to make ppl aware of childpredators irl ,tho i get farmed so much in pvp! :)

We might as well burn u alive for that last name. Lol jk. *expressionless stare*

Zeus
12-25-2013, 08:52 PM
There is no point in sts doing such. People will immediately go after names of people they know have quit and stockpiling will happen again. There is going to be no end to it no matter what. Half the people on here that want it to happen are after that exact thing.

This statement honestly concludes the thread. If you weren't here for the start of AL, then boohoo, you missed that boat. In life, there are many opportunities. This is an opportunity that you missed and hopefully, like others said, you will be fortunate to be gifted a unique name. Although, I personally believe that all names are unique.

As for my name? It shows my fondness of Greek mythology.

Venom
12-26-2013, 07:54 AM

There is a lvl 1 named Roque. He doesnt pvp, just likes to stand in town and show off his lvl 1 item collection. Has the Arcane tabard set from first 2 days of AL too. Now, if only you knew what an Arcane Tabard is.

xlovableaze
12-26-2013, 09:45 AM
nothing will happen here. thread closed

crusaderr
12-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Jus add I or C to the front of any name you want and it will sound cooler...

Strudel to Cstrudel
Grade to Cgrade

^^

Joncheese
12-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Mr Joncheese
1) i love my name and will never change it for anything. it reminds of a family and i picked the idea up from the donquijote family from one piece.
2) you missed a crucial point i dont care if low level chars would be erased or not cause i dont hoard names nor do i want any name hoarder to lose is precious names infact idgaf.

I respectfully ask you the same thing Vystirch grow up and don't overheat because others don't like something about you and they tell you in your face, said this i am sorry for my harsh behaviour there's is always a better way to say what you think without offending others and the more calm you are when explaining the more people are willing to listen to you.

Merry christmas and Happy holidays.

First of all my reply was not to you as tbh you talk rubbish. Everyone's name though is their choice, and I don't care what they are. It's the person behind it that matters.

Secondly your 'crucial point' as you speak I'm also not referring to. I'm talking about Low level twinks that rarely play but sometimes do, like me. Please re read before you produce your counter argument.

Thirdly I didn't use a dictionary. I like the name. But even if I was to use a dictionary so what? It shows using initiative. It doesn't mean that I lack imagination and the same goes for anyone else who decides to use this method. But again I have not so this is really a pointless conversation.

Fourthly you apologise for your behaviour after you talk the same to me in the paragraph above it. Which would contradict your later statement.

There's nothing respectful about your replies, your just trolling the post and making a nuisance of yourself rather than coming up with any sort of constructive criticism. And just because you put the word 'respectfully' does not mean that you are being such.

What myself and everyone else see is someone that has not grasped some of the major points put forward by other players, whilst also not taking anyone else's feelings into consideration. By this I mean those that would lose a name that they treasure (see venoms last post).

You might not care, but most will do. Stop being so single minded. and as for people being calm, perhaps your attitude towards others makes them feel this way. Just sayin.

Respectfully.

Merry Xmas

Zeus
12-26-2013, 02:57 PM
@Jon, I like the respectfully part, LOL!

Anarchist
12-26-2013, 04:16 PM
First of all my reply was not to you as tbh you talk rubbish. Everyone's name though is their choice, and I don't care what they are. It's the person behind it that matters.

Secondly your 'crucial point' as you speak I'm also not referring to. I'm talking about Low level twinks that rarely play but sometimes do, like me. Please re read before you produce your counter argument.

Thirdly I didn't use a dictionary. I like the name. But even if I was to use a dictionary so what? It shows using initiative. It doesn't mean that I lack imagination and the same goes for anyone else who decides to use this method. But again I have not so this is really a pointless conversation.

Fourthly you apologise for your behaviour after you talk the same to me in the paragraph above .

There's nothing respectful about your replies, your just trolling the post and making a nuisance of yourself rather than coming up with any sort of constructive criticism. And just because you put the word 'respectfully' does not mean that you are being such.

What myself and everyone else see is someone that has not grasped some of the major points put forward by other players, whilst also not taking anyone else's feelings into consideration.

You might not care, but most will do. Stop being so single minded. and as for people being calm, perhaps your attitude towards others makes them feel this way. Just sayin.

Respectfully.

Merry Xmas

Ehmm mr joncheese it appears to me u just want to troll too cuz u failed right frm the begining, why?
You actually fully quoted me so it seemed u wr replying to this troll but don't worry u are still right ;) .

Should i start talking about ur other points? no thks i am fed up. Good day.^^

Ebezaanec
12-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Ehmm mr joncheese it appears to me u just want to troll too cuz u failed just frm the begining, why?
You actually fully quoted me so it seemed u wr replying to this troll but don't worry u are still right ;) .

Should i start talking about ur other points, no thks i am fed up. Good day.^^

Phew.. Now you're talking my language. I'm fed up as well.

~Respectfully too

inkredible
12-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Respectfully, close this thread lmao

Rare
12-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Finally! He's fed up!

Sokpuppet
12-27-2013, 09:21 AM
Oh the hypocrisy and double-standards in this thread... For the record, I think the original post is a bad idea and will never happen. But to actually get offended and try to have a debate with him seems equally ridiculous. Why post at all? If you can't disagree with something without being offended and arguing about it then perhaps you need to stay away from the internet...

Alhuntrazeck
12-27-2013, 09:34 AM
No. They may be similar, but they aren't the same unique names. Certain names/words have a greater impact. Lord =/= God. Lord has MANY definitions that people would assume before God, even if the reader is a Christian (as many other religions don't use those names synonymously).

Pretend sts was having a fundraiser of some sort, and the names Goku and Kakorat were freed up and to be bid upon. More than likely, they would not sell for the same amounts (unless some super rich baller could outbid the max money of the second richest player for each name).

It isn't just about the name itself. It is a class thing, a status symbol. Do you own a watch? A nice one? Lots of people do...and they have no real use! Just about anyone with a watch can look at their phone for the time...or a clock nearby. There are very few cases where a watch is needed. There are none where an expensive watch is truly needed, other than being a status symbol.

"See my watch? It is packed with so many gems on it that it can't even tell the time because the hands get stuck on the stones!"

Stop complaining about pixels and names. Worry more about people spending $1,000,000 on a watch instead of using that money to help a charity and such.

^^App-solutely correctumundo.
Check this out: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vip-black/id321971059?mt=8
@EliteFam
People have the right to spend a million bucks on an app as a status symbol. So why can't they do that on a name? I personally feel people can do whatever they want, if they wanna blow cash on names, sure, why not?

Anarchist
12-27-2013, 09:47 AM
^^App-solutely correctumundo.
Check this out: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vip-black/id321971059?mt=8
@EliteFam
People have the right to spend a million bucks on an app as a status symbol. So why can't they do that on a name? I personally feel people can do whatever they want, if they wanna blow cash on names, sure, why not?

When my friend showed me that app at school u know what i thought? "only dumb ppl will ever buy this thing"

Sure if you hv money/gold u can spend or waste it the way u want, but i think i still have the right to have my opinion that using your gold to buy a name from a name hoarder just bcuz of status (lmao) is dumb. :P

Rare
12-27-2013, 10:52 AM
When my friend showed me that app at school u know what i thought? "only dumb ppl will ever buy this thing"

Sure if you hv money/gold u can spend or waste it the way u want, but i think i still have the right to have my opinion that using your gold to buy a name from a name hoarder just bcuz of status (lmao) is dumb. :P

You are. Just like others are entitled to their opinions.

Fauksuras
12-27-2013, 11:00 AM
This thread should be closed.

Raghavbatra
12-27-2013, 11:04 AM

You're a jelly kid, i hope som1 gifts you a cool name ( in ur dreams ).
Inb4l xD

Zeus
12-27-2013, 11:05 AM

Then you, my friend, will never understand the concept of why people buy Mercedes and other luxury cars. Why don't we all buy a geo metro and be done with it? It gets us from point A to point B, right?

Infact, if that's the way you think, why do you not shop at WalMart for clothing? Everybody cares about status in some way, shape, or form. That's why there's price ranges on food. Some food is more expensive than others, yet they all do relatively the same thing provided that they're eaten in accordance to their serving size. Why do people eat caviar? Status. Why do people go to restaurants when they can cook food at home? Sure, the restaurant may have some good tasting food, but enough to justify a $100-200 bill? It's always a status thing.

Because you can is why you do.

Ebezaanec
12-27-2013, 11:35 AM

I thought you were fed up? Oh wait.. Moar moar moar!

You do have the right to think buying names is dumb... But so does everyone else. It's a two-way street, not "my way or the highway."

~Respectfully

Anarchist
12-27-2013, 11:48 AM
Then you, my friend, will never understand the concept of why people buy Mercedes and other luxury cars. Why don't we all buy a geo metro and be done with it? It gets us from point A to point B, right?

Infact, if that's the way you think, why do you not shop at WalMart? Everybody cares about status in some way, shape, or form. That's why there's price ranges on food. Some food is more expensive than others, yet they all do relatively the same thing provided that they're eaten in accordance to their serving size. Why do people eat caviar? Status. Why do people go to restaurants when they can cook food at home? Sure, the restaurant may have some good tasting food, but enough to justify a $100-200 bill? It's always a status thing.

Because you can is why you do.

Yep i agree this the way life runs these days -status MONEY rank and ostentation- We all fall into this boxes and are trap in routines we dont even know exist, But me i won't accept it just becuz everybody feels its ok to be trapped in this boxes.

Just the way i dnt accept ppl waisting money on futile things irl becuz they are rich and can afford them is the same way i think someone shouldn't spend his gold on a name cuz he can save that money and use his brain that nature Freely gave him to create another good name then use his gold for something more usefull. :P

But mine is just the opinion of a nobody that shouldn't bother at all, what u actually use ur gold to do is ur buisness u want throw it away? waist it? give it to ur dog? or buy the name from the name hoarder cuz u think its "Cool"? Fine but dont get angry if i call u dumb.

Respectfully ù.ù

Ebezaanec
12-27-2013, 11:51 AM
Yep i agree this the way life runs these days -status MONEY rank and ostentation- We all fall into this boxes and are trap in routines we dont even know exist, But me i won't accept it just becuz everybody feels its ok to be trapped in this boxes.

Just the way i dnt accept ppl waisting money on futile things irl becuz they are rich and can afford them is the same way i think someone shouldn't spend his gold on a name cuz he can save that money and use his brain that nature Freely gave him to create another good name then use his gold for something more usefull. :P

But mine is just the opinion of a nobody that shouldn't bother at all, what u actually use ur gold to do is ur buisness u want throw it away? waist it? give it to ur dog? or buy the name from the name hoarder cuz u think its "Cool"? Fine but dont get angry if i call u dumb.

Respectfully ù.ù

If youu agree so much, then why do you insult so much? Lol.. Make up your mind.

You agree on his points, but then you contradict yourself by still saying people are dumb for exercising their free will to spend their "hard-earned" money on anything whatsoever that pleases them..

Phew.. That's a mouthful

~Respectfully

P.S. Can you take over the reins, Zeus? I'm done with this guy.. Lol

Crowsfoot
12-27-2013, 11:57 AM

You agree on his points, but then you contradict yourself by still saying people are dumb for exercising their free will to spend their "hard-earned" money on anything whatsoever that pleases them..

Phew.. That's a mouthful

~Respectfully

Its called self persecution. It's rhetoric device best used in spoken language where the audience can't disect what you are saying.

A tip from a realitor: location, location, loation

Anarchist
12-27-2013, 12:04 PM

Phew.. That's a mouthful

~Respectfully

Baah Whats is the matter? why cant u accept a random guy has is opinion Jesus christ.

This is just ipocrisy and its lame.

Yes i agree with the fact that u can buy what u want That ppl are ossesed with ostentation but i also think its legit that i can think its not a good thing, that someone who buys names for status is dumb, its my way of seeing things why does it bother u so much woooh!

Zeus
12-27-2013, 12:08 PM

Respectfully ù.ù

The only thing I am going to say is, what about those people who have enough money to buy their essentials, have enough money to be saved, and still have even more money? People waste that money because they are bored and there's nothing to do with it. So, spending that excess money is entertaining.

That's all & the main reason why people do it. You can say you disagree, that's cool, I'll respect that. However, there's no need for somebody to insult someone.

Like I said, why do celebs buy expensive cars? There's only so much a person can save before he gets bored of saving.

Personally, for me, the game was most fun when I was broke. So, what did I do? I nearly all of my 150m+ on all the arcane pets, full superior gems, heraldic set and still... despite all of that, I have 10m leftover. Did I need all the arcane pets? Heck no, but it was because I can and still have a decent sum of money (10M).

Money is there to be spent. What you spend it on is for your own discretion. If you choose to live the simple life, I respect that. However, I'm not going to call you an idiot for not treating yourself to the luxuries & comforts of life.

Anarchist
12-27-2013, 12:21 PM
The only thing I am going to say is, what about those people who have enough money to buy their essentials, have enough money to be saved, and still have even more money? People waste that money because they are bored and there's nothing to do with it. So, spending that excess money is entertaining.

That's all & the main reason why people do it. You can say you disagree, that's cool, I'll respect that. However, there's no need for somebody to insult someone.

Like I said, why do celebs buy expensive cars? There's only so much a person can save before he gets bored of saving.

Personally, for me, the game was most fun when I was broke. So, what did I do? I nearly all of my 150m+ on all the arcane pets, full superior gems, heraldic set and still... despite all of that, I have 10m leftover. Did I need all the arcane pets? Heck no, but it was because I can and still have a decent sum of money (10M).

Money is there to be spent. What you spend it on is for your own discretion. If you choose to live the simple life, I respect that. However, I'm not going to call you an idiot for not treating yourself to the luxuries & comforts of life.

I understand u Zeus i think u are the only person here that got what i was trying to say others just want to force their opinions on me, opinions that i truly respect BUT i will never accept.

As for the "dumb" side of the matter if its bothers anybodys life so much that a random nobody like me think he is dumb i will call him "Not wise" so his mind can rest in pieces, bah.

Snakespeare
12-27-2013, 12:32 PM
LOL! What on earth is this argument?!?! Is it not the same one that has been documented by such legends as St. Francis, Hanshan, Siddhartha, Diogenes, and Thoreau to name just a few? (Not to mention the one whose birthday we all just celebrated!) If you read any spiritual book at all they almost all agree that obsessing on money is a failed path. But they also invariably agree that only the individual can make this decision.

A game is a metaphor for life, but it exists within a closed system. Life, however, is an open system. Life is not a game. Games are a lot easier than life. So trying to apply game logic to life is just going to disappoint you. Life only has the "shoulds" that we create for ourselves.

Ultimately, there is one name I want in PL. I grabbed it in beta on SL and have reserved it in the other games, but I have never been able to reach the one who owns it in PL. I still want that name! If I got that name again I would start a new toon on PL and level up to cap. AL would go unplayed. I would pay lots of gold, even buy gold with plat to be able to buy the name. But I would never offer any sort of trade for plat or cash outside of the game. That is against TOS and I won't do it.

Carlozgood
12-27-2013, 08:19 PM
-1 >:]

Farhazard
12-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Is that legal to sell names?

Technique
12-28-2013, 12:49 AM
I have a good amount of "original" names from when the game was first released, I'll post a list once I find it.

If there is a name you'd like let me know and you can have it since I haven't been on AL since the first level cap.

Edit: Found the list...

Immortal
Technique
Notorious
Evil
Silent
Dark
Criminal
Delta
Enemy
Zombie
Gun
Blind
Villain
Slug
Wicked
Royal
Zodiac
Mute
Redrum
Dope

Before anyone says anything I made all these in the beginning back when shazbot gave gold for a daily reward and it was profitable to do it on multiple accounts.

I know a few of them I won't be able to give up since there the names I'm using on my mains(technique, silent, dark and one other but I don't have access to my tablet at the moment)

Technique
12-28-2013, 01:19 AM
Accidental double post

Raghavbatra
12-28-2013, 01:25 AM
Accidental double post, this can be deleted if possible.

Hey tech, welcome back :)

Gensin
12-28-2013, 05:32 AM
I saw a lot of people merching names, but I don't care its there strategy in earning money.

Delphina
12-28-2013, 11:39 AM
This thread should be closed.
I do agree.