PDA

View Full Version : Where do you all work? & What do you do? (If you have a job)

Xvanitykingx
12-23-2013, 03:17 PM
I'm curious about what everyone here works as.

I work as a Superintenedent at a construction site.
By the end of the day, I just want to.... *rages* !!

If you have a job, Where do you all work at? What do you do?

~xvanitykingx

angeldawn
12-23-2013, 03:20 PM
I thought you were in high-school.
Hmmmmmm

Oldcoot
12-23-2013, 03:26 PM
I was a construction sub-contractor for 20 years, now am a rolling steel mill operator

for the lulz
12-23-2013, 03:30 PM
mcdonalds , i eat the fries when theres no one around

Samhayne
12-23-2013, 03:31 PM
Whenever we get into discussing personal stuff, I like to post a friendly reminder from our Forum Rules: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

4. Never reveal your personal information.
The best way to stay safe online is to NEVER share your real name, phone number, address, email or passwords. Please do not disclose your, or anyone else’s, private information.

for the lulz
12-23-2013, 03:32 PM
lulz jokes , im in highschool , i write java and objective-c programs , currently developing android applications with a couple of friends

Desperoto
12-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Whenever we get into discussing personal stuff, I like to post a friendly reminder from our Forum Rules: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules
Its not like someone tells that he works in a factory that he get hacked the next day

Deadsoldiers
12-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Its not like someone tells that he works in a factory that he get hacked the next day
U work in a factory? Oh well i got your account now.
EDIT: NAH I am your boss I just dont like when you play this game all day when u got work to do.

Xvanitykingx
12-23-2013, 03:46 PM
I thought you were in high-school.
Hmmmmmm

Well, if you read my thread on the Happy Trails section I'm leaving for school in a week, - University. I'd prefer not so say what kind of university because I will probably get lectured again.

Also, the painting company that my uncle works for needed a superintendent so I offered myself, since my mom wanted me to get a job so badly -.-

~xvanitykingx

Hook
12-23-2013, 03:54 PM
I work at a signature shop.

Raghavbatra
12-23-2013, 03:54 PM
I work on xbox360,its rlly fun :)

Samdegreat
12-23-2013, 04:07 PM
I inherited 2.6million of my relative

I simply live life chilling with my mandems XD

Xvanitykingx
12-23-2013, 04:17 PM
I inherited 2.6million of my relative

I simply live life chilling with my mandems XD

$2.6 million won't last as long as you think, trust me.... Unless you live as if you weren't a millionaire :p

Reunegade
12-23-2013, 04:28 PM
$2.6 million won't last as long as you think, trust me.... Unless you live as if you weren't a millionaire :p

How would you know this?

Caiahar
12-23-2013, 04:30 PM

How would you know this?
Really I think you shouldnt look to much into this. He hasn't done anything wrong, and it wont benefit you in anyway even if you found out he was lying or something. Just move on from it.

Slant
12-23-2013, 04:31 PM
test drive supercars. before they are officially released.
still, sucks. just a job.

programmed
12-23-2013, 04:31 PM
How would you know this?

2.6 million won't last forever, he doesn't have to know himself. And why do you keep picking on him? So what if he made some mistakes everyone does sometimes.

Xvanitykingx
12-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Let's not get off topic now...
Keep the main discussion going!

test drive supercars. before they are officially released.
still, sucks. just a job.
^ Awesome Job btw ;)

~xvanitykingx

Ladyviviane
12-23-2013, 04:56 PM
I work at ... Ops info confidential sorry :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Everyone'sFavMage
12-23-2013, 05:43 PM
Pool maintenance and repair man/ranch hand

Argyros
12-23-2013, 07:02 PM
2.6 million won't last forever, he doesn't have to know himself. And why do you keep picking on him? So what if he made some mistakes everyone does sometimes.

It could, if your single and live a simple content life.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Zeus
12-23-2013, 07:18 PM
I personally think that any money related or life achievement threads to be locked due to the irritability on the subject.

Trenton
12-23-2013, 07:19 PM
I'm CEO of Apple atm, job sucks- but someone's gotta do it.

billybob1
12-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Pipe layer

Xvanitykingx
12-23-2013, 08:33 PM
It could, if your single and live a simple content life.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ok, see, now you're going into detail :p

Single w/$$millions$$ = Sad unmarried life, but somewhat happy since you don't have financial worries.

Married w/$$millions$$ = Happy life, moderate financial worry.

Still a win/win situation :p

~xvanitykingx

Reunegade
12-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Ok, see, now you're going into detail :p

Single w/$$millions$$ = Sad unmarried life, but somewhat happy since you don't have financial worries.

Married w/$$millions$$ = Happy life, moderate financial worry.

Still a win/win situation :p

~xvanitykingx
Being unmarried doesn't mean you'll have a sad life.

HARRYTHEPOISONUZCENTIPEDE
12-23-2013, 11:41 PM
you're so insightful xvanitykingxxxxxx!

Schnitzel
12-23-2013, 11:58 PM
I don't have a job YET

but if i did, it'll probably be at an Apple retail store..or some other tech related store...

floats
12-24-2013, 03:46 AM
I'll probably would work in a restaurant cuz i luv to cook

BlueSkied
12-24-2013, 04:12 AM
work outta da home

dudetus
12-24-2013, 07:00 AM
I work in STG as the community leader.

This is just my alt account in which I have some fun ;)

Slant
12-24-2013, 08:53 AM
I'm CEO of Apple atm, job sucks- but someone's gotta do it.

hhaaha

Xvanitykingx
12-24-2013, 11:53 AM
I don't have a job YET

but if i did, it'll probably be at an Apple retail store..or some other tech related store...

Cool. Nice, new, sig btw! :)

Noodleleg
12-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Full time student... One of the hardest jobs out there ._____. Honestly... We don't get breaks.

Trenton
12-24-2013, 01:58 PM
Full time student... One of the hardest jobs out there ._____. Honestly... We don't get breaks. Aw do you not get a Christmas break :(

Xvanitykingx
12-24-2013, 02:01 PM
^ or a summer break :p
(3 months!!)

razerfingers
12-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Line cook at grandpas snack bar on weekends
#Pro

Noodleleg
12-24-2013, 02:28 PM
^ or a summer break :p
(3 months!!)

Summer break isn't really summer break if you're aiming high. You have to get internships, volunteer work, etc. Even though you might really enjoy some activities you do, it's still strenuous.

Aw do you not get a Christmas break :(

Teachers... Tend to give you a lot of homework over break... And even then, you still have other stuff you can do.

Pandamoni
12-24-2013, 02:43 PM
I'm a rogue. I kill monsters for a living.

Trenton
12-24-2013, 04:17 PM
Teachers... Tend to give you a lot of homework over break... And even then, you still have other stuff you can do. I guess I'm just not one of those people in the big city where we have to take our break and turn it into a study week(s). Our Christmas break is the time to spend time with family, not sit around and get better at school ._. No offense <--- I just have never gotten that. I get what you're saying about summer though haha, busy busy busy, but Christmas and Spring break is my time to chill :p

Noodleleg
12-24-2013, 06:22 PM
I guess I'm just not one of those people in the big city where we have to take our break and turn it into a study week(s). Our Christmas break is the time to spend time with family, not sit around and get better at school ._. No offense <--- I just have never gotten that. I get what you're saying about summer though haha, busy busy busy, but Christmas and Spring break is my time to chill :p

I do try to find time for family, but it's hard. Winter break just started last Friday and I've been working nearly non stop so far. I'm almost done, though, so... Yay...! Anyways, my family's not the "gather around the Christmas tree and drink hot cocoa" type, so even if I did have time, I'd just hang out with friends. School now a days is just way too competitive... A 36 ACT, 2400 SAT, Valedictorian status, and president of 3 clubs still doesn't guarantee you anything. It's all about how many sleepless nights you can handle and still be consistent .____. ...

Trenton
12-24-2013, 07:42 PM
I do try to find time for family, but it's hard. Winter break just started last Friday and I've been working nearly non stop so far. I'm almost done, though, so... Yay...! Anyways, my family's not the "gather around the Christmas tree and drink hot cocoa" type, so even if I did have time, I'd just hang out with friends. School now a days is just way too competitive... A 36 ACT, 2400 SAT, Valedictorian status, and president of 3 clubs still doesn't guarantee you anything. It's all about how many sleepless nights you can handle and still be consistent .____. ... That's... over my head

:p

Xvanitykingx
12-24-2013, 07:42 PM
My high school years were simple... You go to school, get your stuff done (make out with your gf if you had time, and if not you made time) :p Then you go home, do your homework and sleep.

Oh and btw, the sat/act tests aren't as hard as they make you think it is, I passed it on my first try lol and I missed half a section, it's the only reason I'm going to -- University, apart from somewhat good grades in high school... :p

I'm not saying to not try to be an overachiever, but just enjoy your high school years! Don't overwork yourself.
But, don't enjoy it too much and flunk every class like one of my school mates did -.-

~xvanitykingx

Noodleleg
12-24-2013, 07:50 PM
My high school years were simple... You go to school, get your stuff done (make out with your gf if you had time, and if not you made time) :p Then you go home, do your homework and sleep.

Oh and btw, the sat/act tests aren't as hard as they make you think it is, I passed it on my first try lol and I missed half a section, it's the only reason I'm going to -- University, apart from somewhat good grades in high school... :p

I'm not saying to not try to be an overachiever, but just enjoy your high school years! Don't overwork yourself.
But, don't enjoy it too much and flunk every class like one of my school mates did -.-

~xvanitykingx

You don't necessarily... Pass the ACT or SAT... Are you talking about benchmarks?

Xvanitykingx
12-24-2013, 07:52 PM
You don't necessarily... Pass the ACT or SAT... Are you talking about benchmarks?

I mean passing the score you need for it to qualify as a passing score, or whatever it is you needed to get you into college. Look, this test meant nothing to me lol. I'm just glad it's getting me where I want to go.

Noodleleg
12-24-2013, 07:54 PM
I mean passing the score you need for it to qualify as a passing score.

Colleges use your scores to determine acceptance. It's not really a test where you "pass" high school.

Xvanitykingx
12-24-2013, 07:57 PM
Colleges use your scores to determine acceptance. It's not really a test where you "pass" high school.

No, you didn't understand me. I'm not saying it determines if you pass high school or not. I'm saying that it's not as hard of test as they make you think it is, and of course it's like your ticket to college, if they accept the score. :p

Reunegade
12-24-2013, 08:38 PM
No, you didn't understand me. I'm not saying it determines if you pass high school or not. I'm saying that it's not as hard of test as they make you think it is, and of course it's like your ticket to college, if they accept the score. :p
Depends on perspective

Noodleleg
12-24-2013, 08:41 PM

What I'm trying to say is that only a few hundred kids NATIONWIDE score perfect, and even then, there is at all no guarantee you'll get into some colleges, some of which are my dream schools. And it IS a hard test... Especially if you're aiming 34+, 2300+, etc.

Xvanitykingx
12-25-2013, 01:09 AM
Ok, ok... Don't get all worked up -.-

Blind
12-25-2013, 04:54 AM
Australian Army.

Reunegade
12-26-2013, 05:46 PM
What I'm trying to say is that only a few hundred kids NATIONWIDE score perfect, and even then, there is at all no guarantee you'll get into some colleges, some of which are my dream schools. And it IS a hard test... Especially if you're aiming 34+, 2300+, etc.
dont wury we asian

dudetus
12-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Asians are close to aliens. Coincidence?

floats
12-27-2013, 10:56 AM

I think not.

And im asian.

Caiahar
12-27-2013, 10:58 AM

I think not.

And im asian.

#asiansftw

Wait what.

Noodleleg
12-27-2013, 05:32 PM
Asians are over-represented minorities to colleges, so actually... It's to our disadvantage. There was a study where it was clearly seen Asians had to score like 100-200 points higher on the SAT to get into the colleges a black person with the same "perks" had.

Zeus
12-27-2013, 05:34 PM
Asians are over-represented minorities to colleges, so actually... It's to our disadvantage. There was a study where it was clearly seen Asians had to score like 100-200 points higher on the SAT to get into the colleges a black person with the same "perks" had.

Why's it our fault that they can't be smarter! D:

Basketball teams rarely diversify, so why should college entries? :p

Ladyviviane
12-28-2013, 10:58 AM
Plz close this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Schnitzel
12-28-2013, 07:35 PM

100-200 points higher?
I'm asian, haven't taken the SAT yet..and if i did, I'd probably get a -200

Dudetus is my hero
12-29-2013, 12:05 AM
I'm black, I work at KFC and I stalk dudetus.

Roberto077
12-30-2013, 11:10 PM
I have too much school work for a job. Plus I game too much.

(51 cents from youtube, does that count?)

Schnitzel
12-30-2013, 11:56 PM
its possible to earn money from youtube?

Jhawkeye
12-31-2013, 12:06 AM
I work at Subway. Swear best place to work ever.... for the first month, then the sandwiches all begin to taste the same and working with an ex-girlfriend is no fun either...

Hawkbby
12-31-2013, 02:31 AM
I get banned for saying just an abbreviation of shut up, while these guys through stereotypes everywhere, close this thread.

Noodleleg
12-31-2013, 12:04 PM
its possible to earn money from youtube?

You can allow YouTube to put advertisements on your videos... Actually, they make a lot of money from that, and you get a little share of it.

I work at Subway. Swear best place to work ever.... for the first month, then the sandwiches all begin to taste the same and working with an ex-girlfriend is no fun either...

Inb4girlfriendsandwichjokes

SayCreed
12-31-2013, 12:07 PM
You can allow YouTube to put advertisements on your videos... Actually, they make a lot of money from that, and you get a little share of it.

Make MOAR utube channels narb.

Pl pvping
With your bird 3 kill with few skills i love you

Reunegade
12-31-2013, 02:18 PM

Can I have some mayonnaise on mine?

Xvanitykingx
12-31-2013, 03:16 PM
I have too much school work for a job. Plus I game too much.

(51 cents from youtube, does that count?)

Of course it counts rob! :p

Noodleleg
01-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Can I have some mayonnaise on mine?

Mayonnaise is an instrument tho'.

Noodleleg
01-06-2014, 05:04 PM
http://nyti.ms/1gced3J

Suentous PO
01-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Someday well have to admit that no one can quantify race.