PDA

View Full Version : New Consignment Shop idea!

TheLaw
11-20-2010, 03:47 AM
So now i am gonna suggest something new to improve the market sales in game.

The main idea is to limit the prices of items and to improve sales.

It goes something like this:

Example: you just got a Power Armor of the Rift and you want to sell it, you go to CS in Balefort and put it on sale. But instead of being able to put crazy prices, there is a limit. Like, Minimum Price: ; Market Price: ; Maximum Price:. Using this new method, it conveniences someone to buy an item they need, and best of all, The Market Price changes according to the economy.

Forgive my use of words as I am not very good at English. But I made it simple enough to understand I guess.

gl0c
11-20-2010, 03:54 AM
nope your english is fine, by the way I kinda like your idea.

Ellyidol
11-20-2010, 04:30 AM
Pretty good idea that it raises convenience, but who decides on those numbers though? I'm assuming those prices would be set by someone like a dev and such, and tbh I don't think they can be bothered to keep updating it. And as we know ever since Ao3, prices drop daily, if not, hourly at times. Would be the best if left alone and fluctuate on its own I believe.

bladesword
11-20-2010, 05:29 AM
This game is like runescape, no wonder they deleted the forest haven town castle..

TheLaw
11-20-2010, 06:30 AM
Thanks guys. The prices will at first be set by the Devs, but once the item gets rarer/ more common, the prices will raise/ drop. And this game aint like RuneScape, its way better. And items prices like Wraith aint dropping, but getting higher =/

Ellyidol
11-20-2010, 06:32 AM
Thanks guys. The prices will at first be set by the Devs, but once the item gets rarer/ more common, the prices will raise/ drop. And this game aint like RuneScape, its way better. And items prices like Wraith aint dropping, but getting higher =/

It will drop :P Map 3 is the longest to clear still, but its unlike before that its just not worth it to anymore. It'll probably remain quite higher than the power/cosmos robe counterparts, but not 1.2 and 1.5m high 0.0

a2ha
11-20-2010, 07:22 AM
Runescape grand exchange.... that woul ruin the game, because they would probably put up a trade limit and suff so... NO.

Lesrider
11-20-2010, 07:35 AM
Honestly, I think this is a bad idea. The people putting up ridiculous prices are doing so at their own risk anyway. If people don't buy, they lower it so they don't keep losing money. The devs should not bw regulating prices. They will come down on their own once things settle. The updates always mess up the economy for a while because people panic buy/sell. Give it a few days/weeks without an update and it will settle.

The main problem I still see is Tpaxx. Wraith will never be a reasonable price until farming it is on equal footing with all the other loot.

Gamelova
11-20-2010, 09:33 AM
I'v suggested this idea before but people are actually replying to this idea of Thelaw's and Mine.. "What took you so long?" Gamix's Favorite quote

Btw.. Rift armor for 700k absurd that's nearly 1 mil...
Saw this in the CS, it might be removed or sold I don't know...

Dan.
11-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Hmm idk if this wud b a good iea. Runescape did this and angered almost everyone. I think there shud be a price guide in the game, so people dont get ripped off, but there shudnt be a manual limit of how much u can sell an item for.

smoae
11-21-2010, 11:59 PM
No no no then we won't be able to buy typos!

asommers
11-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Items are worth what people are willing to pay. That's the nature of supply and demand. We thought of showing you the maximum price for an item, but that would just make things too easy for the seller to undercut the competition.

-ALS

Bigsleazy
11-22-2010, 12:16 AM
Prices regulate themselves. When an item gets rare enough, people will start farming it like crazy. The problem is that people are hitting 50 faster than items can be farmed. Even I'd there was a fixed price, not many people will sell rares until they were the same price as they are now. Also, I would rather the devs spend time developing new content than Having them constantly update prices.

Ps. Although many rares experience short term fluctuations in prices, they always tend to be going down. Ie, Jacobs helm of rift was running 90k average two weeks ago, today I was able to buy 3 of them for under 60k.

Gamelova
11-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Runescape grand exchange.... that woul ruin the game, because they would probably put up a trade limit and suff so... NO.

I so want the G.E in Pocket Legends so much easier...
Without the jacked up trade limit though..
We already had the trade jacked up anyways...
4 items only that just messed up...

CMON NOOBS GET WITH THE GAME!

Gamelova
11-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Items are worth what people are willing to pay. That's the nature of supply and demand. We thought of showing you the maximum price for an item, but that would just make things too easy for the seller to undercut the competition.

-ALS

Darn it Dev! No easy life... :(

MoarPewPew
11-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Im sorry but I don't agree with the idea, prices fluctuate over time.

I would like there to be a way for when we sell and item it won't let us post it more than what is listed.

Derajdefyre
11-23-2010, 01:25 PM
This is a good lesson in life. If something is too expensive, no one will buy it, and the price will go down. Game economies have something in common with real life economies.

Pharcyde
11-23-2010, 01:33 PM
This would totally ruin the game like removing wildy and adding GS in runescape :/. Just let prices do what they do naturally. Logic to this is Price ceilings and price floors. One of the problems with America's economy. Why would you want to add something hurting real life economies and several other MMO's to this great game?

P.S. Prices are soo high because of the changes, give it time, they will hit Equilibrium. (Perfect supply vs. demand).

superglut2
11-23-2010, 01:45 PM
i dont like the idea, if peoiple are dumb enouigh to charge 600k for a lvl 19 pink then its their thing. Who cares? u dont need to buy it.. and they lose a lot of gold for fews. so i think its fine like that.