PDA

View Full Version : Whim bros drop rate

matanofx
12-23-2013, 05:21 PM
Is it just me or are whim brothers dropping more than slag and the other mythic eggs?

I see many people who hatched whim aswell as many people who sell, and i mean they sell not their friends (i check to see the actual egg)

It seems to be dropping at a rate of mythic rarity, definitely not arcane

Anyone feeling the same? or differently?

Ebezaanec
12-23-2013, 05:34 PM
I think the egg has an increased drop rate to compensate for the "One-Time Event each Year."

The egg stops dropping after the event.. And naturally, as months pass.. Its value will skyrocket due to limited supply.

The other eggs have the "normal Arcane" rarity since they drop anytime as of right now.

Kakashis
12-23-2013, 05:51 PM
I agree, I think just that when you hit the 3 bars on the Arcane Slot machine during a crate roll, the chance to drop a whim egg is at a much higher chance than say hooks, sam, etc. STS probably won't confirm, but that's the only reason why you're seeing more of this particular Arcane item as of lately. It also means the other Arcane item's rariety has increased slightly at least until after the event. I wish hooks would stop dropping.

undercoverbro
12-24-2013, 07:12 AM
Problem is they are dropping a lot and not many players are interested in buying. Making the price drop drastically

Solid
12-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Same as any other arcane, it just seems that there are many because many aren't opening because samael is better in pvp,

Z
12-24-2013, 12:01 PM
Idk, I spent around 200 $ opening these darn crates and havent gotten one

Kakatoa91
12-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Ill ask santa to give me that supposed higher drop rate. Mine still same as always...
No arcane pet yet.
During Halloween, no vlad.
And breeze... ill take the bet that ill have to buy one.

Applejaqs
12-24-2013, 01:44 PM
I think the egg has an increased drop rate to compensate for the "One-Time Event each Year."

The egg stops dropping after the event.. And naturally, as months pass.. Its value will skyrocket due to limited supply.

The other eggs have the "normal Arcane" rarity since they drop anytime as of right now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing I see about whim is that it is a holiday themed pet. No where does it say that it will go away after the event, or that it is an exclusive winter pet.

Trenton
12-24-2013, 02:03 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing I see about whim is that it is a holiday themed pet. No where does it say that it will go away after the event, or that it is an exclusive winter pet. Devs have said MULTIPLE times that it's a limited time pet.

Applejaqs
12-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Devs have said MULTIPLE times that it's a limited time pet.

If they did, they never posted it on the forums. A quick search of "Whim" shows no threads with a response from sts.

Edit: Nevermind. They very vaguely mentioned it in a single thread.

Kakashis
12-24-2013, 03:24 PM
I've seen a few people roll around with the whim brothers! They're not exactly the "must have" pet at the moment. They do look awesome and I love the blue animations! I hope I win one!

Energizeric
12-24-2013, 03:44 PM
This pet will be very good at elite farming. The problem is that nobody is farming elites at the moment, so not much interest. Once the next expansion comes, suddenly those few who have this pet will find themselves invited to every elite party.

phillyr
12-24-2013, 03:45 PM
-.- drop rate is zero for my toon

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk