PDA

View Full Version : Still Full dex or mix it ?

skimmey
11-20-2010, 07:19 AM
i searched for it in the forums for a good way to spend the attribute points after the update and iam stuck now at lvl 37 with 118 dex and 66 str. was full dex before but now that dps and crit boost is gone iam kind of clueless did you come up with something new already??

thanks in advance :)

noobmigo
11-20-2010, 09:57 AM
go full dex. hit% is low now, and i'm doing everything possible to raise my crit and dodge even by a lil bit.

Arterra
11-20-2010, 09:58 AM
pure in general seems the way to go.

skimmey
11-20-2010, 10:40 AM
if you have 100% hit does it gurantee you a hit on every mob or does boss mobs have high dodge so that you hit % will compete with it ?

FluffNStuff
11-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Dodge is tied to str now.

skimmey
11-20-2010, 11:28 AM
and the dps is untouched by attributes right?
so whats left for dex is rit and hit right?^-^

Arterra
11-20-2010, 11:34 AM

and void. dont forget the expensive, rare, damn void gear...

Lesrider
11-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Dodge is tied to str now.

Wait what? Str effects dodge now instead of dex?

Arterra
11-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Wait what? Str effects dodge now instead of dex?

yea. apparently. weird really. i would think other way around.

FluffNStuff
11-20-2010, 12:10 PM

Damage is still upped by dex, as least the last time I checked. Will check again.

Lesrider
11-20-2010, 12:15 PM
So then bears get both armor and dodge and what do birds get now to protect themselves?

noobmigo
11-20-2010, 12:57 PM
crit, and high dmg combo. but that's really the mage advantage now, since my mage with BOV has more crit than my bird with focus the last time i checked. haha.

Lesrider
11-20-2010, 01:18 PM
But birds need some sort of protection.

skimmey
11-20-2010, 03:50 PM
So that update was a huge bird nerf in some why i guess seems a bit unfair when a mage has even more crit than a supposed to be single target dps Maschine. (:

Arterra
11-20-2010, 03:58 PM
well bird has 2 armor debuffs, 2 root spells (combo-able) and blast shot (one of most dangerous skills)
awesome class still.

Lesrider
11-20-2010, 04:27 PM
But why would they give dodge to str? Just doesn't make any sense. I haven't really tested out my bird since the patch, but I don't like the sound of this.

Nightarcher
11-20-2010, 05:35 PM
One question I have had since the beginning of PL...

Why does STRENGTH not effect your Damage or DPS a lot? Realisticly, they need to take Dexterity's Damage and give it to Strength, and put Dodge under Dexterity.

Then archers can add Str for damage while sacrificing Hit Dodge and Crit, and bears cam have more of those while sacrificing DPS. It's practically common sense that it should work like this...

Lesrider
11-20-2010, 06:08 PM
I agree... doesn't really make sense.

skimmey
11-20-2010, 07:32 PM
But why would they give dodge to str? Just doesn't make any sense. I haven't really tested out my bird since the patch, but I don't like the sound of this.
Wozldnt it be unfair to have high dmg dps and a high defense ? Think its common for an easy to diee low armor class to burst out the most dmg

Lesrider
11-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Bears have the most defense, so they shouldn't get dodge as well. Why should they get both? Altho to be honest, my bear doesn't have much dodge either, so I dunno what they did to dodge.

CanonicalKoi
11-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Give your bird a try, Lesrider. I haven't really noticed a lot of difference no matter what my stats say. Still killing a lot, still not getting damaged to the point of being dead (that's even better than before)...meh. A bird's still a fun killing machine. And the Nature and Terrify combos seem to do even more damage than before. Get a bird or two and a Mage or two and a good tank and mobs just disappear.

juhnken773
11-20-2010, 10:19 PM
Yeah dodge was thw only way for birds to survive. Now my birds only survival is my finger slammin on the hp pots. At least make dex armor give good amount of dodge.

markus
11-22-2010, 07:43 AM
so pure dex and no str still best is what your saying?

skimmey
11-26-2010, 06:14 AM
Give your bird a try, Lesrider. I haven't really noticed a lot of difference no matter what my stats say. Still killing a lot, still not getting damaged to the point of being dead (that's even better than before)...meh. A bird's still a fun killing machine. And the Nature and Terrify combos seem to do even more damage than before. Get a bird or two and a Mage or two and a good tank and mobs just disappear.

Which combos r u refering to? (:

dennis930913
11-26-2010, 04:31 PM
Hell yea! full Dex XD

tsschinadawg
12-04-2010, 03:11 PM
ok this will be a leak to all birds out there haha

to make it fair to the new birds full dex aint cool anymore why?
try mixin the stat theres a set of particular attributes that gives extra bonus stat and damage to skills

example

blast shot skill gets higher damage if you put your attributes to DEX
repulse shot and blinding shot increase its damage to INT stat

now mix formula with STR too makes everything higher

check your damage on your skills with pure dex then check it again with str and int

this what i can example

str----------53------------35
dex---------201----------192
int-----------1------------28

hit----------97------------99
crit----------9-------------9
dodge-------5-------------4
health------526----------518
regen-------3-------------3
mana-------500----------514
regen-------0-------------1

damage----58-103-------59-104
dps---------40------------41
armor-------9-------------8

now for skill damage i forgot to write it down and no more platinum to spend to show it here hehe

but notice the difference for damage even with the other one is lower in dex and dps

i got the attributes im looking for and cost me like 75 platinum just to find it
hope you guys find yours easier than what i did

the points here is pure dex now a days aint good anymore

enjoy playing pocket legends hehe

Lesrider
12-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Wow China, that is seriously hardcore. Using that many respecs to get the perfect build. Especially since tomorrow they can change it and you'll have to start from scratch...

tsschinadawg
12-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Wow China, that is seriously hardcore. Using that many respecs to get the perfect build. Especially since tomorrow they can change it and you'll have to start from scratch...

tommorrow theres gonna be update? really? DANG!!!!

Lesrider
12-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Um, I don't know. I'm just saying, they've been doing an awful lot of changes, so it's risky to spend that much money on fixing your build. Especially if you're gonna go around asking them to nerf pallies -- a pally nerf could mean other changes, even for your bird.

tsschinadawg
12-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Um, I don't know. I'm just saying, they've been doing an awful lot of changes, so it's risky to spend that much money on fixing your build. Especially if you're gonna go around asking them to nerf pallies -- a pally nerf could mean other changes, even for your bird.

yeah your right! NO mORE PALLy NERFTInG FIX OTHER CHARS SKILLS!! hehe

Uctiger62
12-05-2010, 03:27 AM
That's bs. If STS is gonna **** with the stats then they should give us a free re-spec.

tsschinadawg
12-05-2010, 04:03 AM
That's bs. If STS is gonna **** with the stats then they should give us a free re-spec.

they dont need to give us re-spec full dex is still highest damage for bird,. all i say is mixing stats gives bonus attributes too,.. and right amount of damage is enough to kill in pvp with mix attribute than doing full dex with high damage but overkill,.

birds dont need overkill damage,. birds need more hp with right amount damage to kill and mixing str dex and int gives the highest attributes rather on just 2 attributes like str and dex only or dex and int etc....

if you dont believe it try it yourself or stick on the old full dex bird hehe