PDA

View Full Version : Add a Dueling System on the next Expansion???

kinzmet
12-24-2013, 01:55 AM
If a player wants to test his strenght with a friend, they can only do that in PVP.
But the problem is, there will be other players on that room that will ruin the supposed
one-on-one fight.

The game is already great, but I think it will be far greater if the players can
duel each other one-on-one like in other (all of them I think) MMORPGs.
If they will consider this game feature then it would be great if its added to
the next expansion.

What do tou think guys? Share your thought. :-)

Hoardseeker
12-24-2013, 03:34 AM
+1 also I will try to improve it

Improvement:-
Duel a friend for a amount for example 10k a new section like duel select a player type the amount and click send duel and if he accepts it both will be warped inside the duel hall the one who wins recieves the others 10k!

Anarchist
12-24-2013, 03:58 AM
+1 I like your idea gives more competitivity to the pvp and if you can farm gold in pvp a new type of player would be born the berserker, war machines.

I love pvp and in every mmorpg i have played first thing i did was to specialize in pvp but in Al is different if you dont have real money support you cant just start pvping you must first do some pve to pile up the money. With the current pvp system only the supergered warmongers dare enter the pvp rooms so theres only one level of pvp "pvp for the strongest" with your system even though you are not superstrong you can always find a random person with a similar power as yours to have fun instead of getting farmed all day in a pvp room yikes!

Energizeric
12-24-2013, 03:46 PM
I proposed a 1-on-1 arena a while back, where others could even watch. A dueling system would be a cool alternative, and maybe you could invite others to watch as well. The only thing I would add is that the kills/deaths should not be counted in your PvP stats as this sort of thing could be abused for farming kills.

Instead, I suggest a "duel score" or "duel rating" similar to what many other games use. Your score increases or decreases depending on how high or low the score of your opponent is. So beating a player with a much lower score than you doesn't help you much, but beating a player with a much higher score helps you a lot. If you are killed by a player with a much higher score than you, your score doesn't drop by much, but if you are killed by a player with a much lower score than you, your score drops a lot. This eliminates the effectiveness of farming kills, and also produces a score for each player that really does show their skill and not just how often they play.

Maybe I will go ahead and make a thread in the suggestions forum for all of this.

Akizah
12-24-2013, 03:54 PM
+1 also I will try to improve it

Improvement:-
Duel a friend for a amount for example 10k a new section like duel select a player type the amount and click send duel and if he accepts it both will be warped inside the duel hall the one who wins recieves the others 10k!

Nice idea :), but it'll just make the rich richer and the poor poorer,
And people wont duel people that have better gear because of money loss.
But i do think it'll be a good idea to have a 1vs1 arena, there will be no ganging as well

Supermein
12-24-2013, 07:37 PM
This would be great if the kill/death will not be counted, like energizeric said.

Temarichan
12-25-2013, 12:53 AM
+1 on that idea.

But I'd rather name it a "Training Arena" that does include a option for no-count death/kill pvp duel system.

Yes ik we have an "arena" as in Shuyal Arena. But that's elite.

I'm talking about an add-on to guild halls. Where perhaps we can ascend the stairs into a training arena where one can co-op or solo, adjusting the difficulty to their own will for pvp as well as pve.

I don't know, seems complex, but that's my idea. Looks fun to my perspective.