PDA

View Full Version : If you could create a new color, what would it be and look like?

XghostzX
12-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Go!

Suentous PO
12-24-2013, 05:34 PM
Nice! You just broke many people's minds as they try to conceive it.
But I'm both legally insane and a nerd so I've thought about it. I'd like to be able to perceive brain waves as a color, specifically alpha waves associated with intense thought or meditation, or delta. Would be cool to be able to sense a life forms mental state at a glance.
Being that we perceive less than 2% of he electromatic spectrum there ARE a lot of colors we can't see.
If you could see in the ultraviolet realm (like many insects and some vertebrates) common things would look totally different.
Here the same flower in 2 spectrums;
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r586/stephencobear/CDD3158E-E512-4615-83E4-CD7923BB5CD9.jpg (http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/stephencobear/media/CDD3158E-E512-4615-83E4-CD7923BB5CD9.jpg.html)

Reunegade
12-24-2013, 06:12 PM
I would mash the color of the couch I am currently sitting on, with a pinch of cilantro and peanuts, and then add a cup of pineapple juice, and mix it with flour, and then take Will's hat he is currently wearing, and if he is not wearing one I will take his shirt, put it in the blender, then add the bits into the juice, and then pour it onto a fan-made computer by my cat, and then smash it with a Jack-O-Lantern, and then take the crushed pieces of computer and put it into the juice and then take Suentous PO's flowers and stick them into the head of a wolf, and then run a 26-mile marathon and squeeze the juice out of my shirt afterwards and then add it to my juice and then take my Christmas tree, and take my plush monkey ornament and put that in the blender and put the crushed monkey into the cup and then go to the store and buy milk and a Klondike bar and put it in the freezer and then break into someone's house and steal their orange juice and mix it all together in the blender and them BABAM! New color!

TEOKILLO
12-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Mix vomit, milk, and orange juice.

GG

Argyros
12-24-2013, 06:16 PM
^ Ya. TV waves, radio waves, microwaves, gamma rays, and x-rays are all forms of light. These are all in the electromagnetic spectrum. Unfortunately we can only see light in the visible spectrum which contains light waves with a wavelength ranging from 700nm to 400nm. But see, that is in only a tiny portion of the electromagnetic spectrum!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/25/aqenejyj.jpg

The light we cannot see such as infrared light, ultraviolet light and radio waves (light), are far to complex for a human eye to comprehend! That's an amazing!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Noodleleg
12-24-2013, 06:55 PM
Did you know mantis shrimp can see colors we cannot even imagine?

Xvanitykingx
12-24-2013, 07:47 PM
I would mash the color of the couch I am currently sitting on, with a pinch of cilantro and peanuts, and then add a cup of pineapple juice, and mix it with flour, and then take Will's hat he is currently wearing, and if he is not wearing one I will take his shirt, put it in the blender, then add the bits into the juice, and then pour it onto a fan-made computer by my cat, and then smash it with a Jack-O-Lantern, and then take the crushed pieces of computer and put it into the juice and then take Suentous PO's flowers and stick them into the head of a wolf, and then run a 26-mile marathon and squeeze the juice out of my shirt afterwards and then add it to my juice and then take my Christmas tree, and take my plush monkey ornament and put that in the blender and put the crushed monkey into the cup and then go to the store and buy milk and a Klondike bar and put it in the freezer and then break into someone's house and steal their orange juice and mix it all together in the blender and them BABAM! New color!

I'm speechless....

Promagin
12-24-2013, 08:15 PM
I would create... Green!!!

Reunegade
12-24-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm speechless....
Don't be! Say it out loud doe!

Suentous PO
12-24-2013, 08:48 PM

Yes! I love "thumb splitters"

Caiahar
12-24-2013, 10:07 PM
We need to implant mantis shrimp brains into ours.

Okay thats nasty.

BlueSkied
12-25-2013, 05:36 AM
Paint it black

programmed
12-25-2013, 10:13 AM
I'd mix red with yellow and call it orange

XghostzX
12-25-2013, 11:12 AM
Paint it black

Can't go wrong with Rolling Stones

Caiahar
12-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Mix pure black Essence, angel white wings, the darkest of shadows made by the most terrifing towers, some from the Willis tower, some from from The Leaning Tower of Xtra Cheez Beef Sausage Pizza. boom. I call it the shadow. Pretty lame :D

Vertuldo
12-25-2013, 07:07 PM
Hmmmm.

DocDoBig
12-25-2013, 07:12 PM
Is chuck norris a color?

Suentous PO
12-25-2013, 07:31 PM
Is chuck norris a color?

Yes, it's a pink hue compared to Bruce lee.

Doodlebeast
12-26-2013, 12:24 AM
I'd mix red with yellow and call it orange

Genius!

Extreme
12-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Black n white with cheeseburger.

Dudetus is my hero
12-26-2013, 11:57 AM
First I'd call my colour "dudetus" it would be a nice pony pink because that is so cute like my idol, dudetus.

DocDoBig
12-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Yes, it's a pink hue compared to Bruce lee.

Nice

I heard Leonardo DaVinci only used Chuck Norris to paint the Mona Lisa.

Zeus
12-27-2013, 11:28 AM
First I'd call my colour "dudetus" it would be a nice pony pink because that is so cute like my idol, dudetus.

Then it would be called pony pink, not Dudetus. :)

Dudetus is my hero
12-29-2013, 12:06 AM
Then it would be called pony pink, not Dudetus. :)

But you have to name it after dudetus because the colour is comparable to the great one. I did say comparable but not as great.

Randomguy
12-29-2013, 12:56 AM
Our minds are programmed with only colors that God reveals to us.

Doodlebeast
12-29-2013, 01:39 AM
But you have to name it after dudetus because the colour is comparable to the great one. I did say comparable but not as great.

Whoever you are. You sir, have a great sense of humour.

klayble
12-29-2013, 09:34 AM
Nice! You just broke many people's minds as they try to conceive it.
But I'm both legally insane and a nerd so I've thought about it. I'd like to be able to perceive brain waves as a color, specifically alpha waves associated with intense thought or meditation, or delta. Would be cool to be able to sense a life forms mental state at a glance.
Being that we perceive less than 2% of he electromatic spectrum there ARE a lot of colors we can't see.
If you could see in the ultraviolet realm (like many insects and some vertebrates) common things would look totally different.
Here the same flower in 2 spectrums;
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r586/stephencobear/CDD3158E-E512-4615-83E4-CD7923BB5CD9.jpg (http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/stephencobear/media/CDD3158E-E512-4615-83E4-CD7923BB5CD9.jpg.html)

Ok.. Wait, WHAT?!

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

Dudetus is my hero
12-29-2013, 11:43 AM
Our minds are programmed with only colors that God reveals to us.

Stop using dudelogic.

DocDoBig
12-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Stop using dudelogic.
I have a doctor in dudelogy.

Dudetus is my hero
12-29-2013, 11:49 PM
I have a doctor in dudelogy.

No all you have is a pHd in wannabedudeness like me.

Doodlebeast
12-30-2013, 02:24 AM

Such dudeness
Much wannabe
So phD
Wow

DocDoBig
12-30-2013, 06:11 AM

Yeah, don't begrudge me my legit highly respected academic degree.

Dat jelly.

Look all my degrees here:

Mr. Darth Brother President Mayor Governor Premier Secretary Ambassador Master Honorable Representative Senator Speaker Earl Count King Lord Pope Caliph Saltigue Prince Duke Dauphin Elector Baron Dominus Knight Gentleman Viceroy Dr. Emperor Bishop Pastor Minister Dr. MD Dr. PhD Dr. EdD Dr. LLD Professor General Staff Corporal Sergeant Lord High Admiral Captain Commander-in-Chief Lieutenant Chief Academic Officer, Chief analytics officer, Chief Business Development Officer, Chief Credit Officer, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Information Officer, Chief Information Security Officer, Chief Knowledge Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Petty Officer, Chief Risk Officer, Chief Security Officer, Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Technical Officer, Chief Warrant Officer, Corporate officer, Customs officer, Field officer, First Officer, Flag Officer, Flying Officer, General Officer, Intelligence Officer, Junior Warrant Officer, Master Chief Petty Officer, Master Warrant Officer, Officer of State, Petty Officer, Pilot Officer, Police Officer, Political Officer, Revenue Officer, Senior Officer, Ship's Officer, Staff Officer, and Warrant Officer Adjutant General, Attorney General, Captain General, Colonel General, Director General, Generalissimo, General of the Army, Governor General, Lieutenant General, Lord Justice General, Major General, Resident General, Secretary General, Solicitor General, Surgeon General and Vicar General Major Private Principal Agent Chief Scout Docent Dalai Lama Buddha Pharaoh Caesar Imperator Pendragon Alpha Guru Doctor of Arts
Doctor of Business Administration
Doctor of Divinity
Doctor of Education
Doctor of Engineering
Doctor of Fine Arts
Doctor of Musical Arts
Doctor of Ministry
Doctor of Music
Doctor of Professional Studies
Doctor of Public Administration
Doctor of Science
Doctor of Jurisprudence
Doctor of Laws
Doctor of Medicine
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
Doctor of Pharmacy
Doctor of Philosophy
Doctor of Psychology
Doctor of Theology
Terminator Michael Jackson DoBig

... yep. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title

Doodlebeast
12-30-2013, 07:04 AM
Yeah, don't begrudge me my legit highly respected academic degree.

Dat jelly.

Look all my degrees here:

Such degrees
Much hax
So pro
Wow