PDA

View Full Version : cant imstall

otis77
11-20-2010, 10:27 AM
I have downloaded the game but when I try to install the game I get a message saying that it can not be found. I have a samsung acclaim. Is it taken off the market, not available for my phone, am I doing something wrong, or all the above?

Futumsh
11-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Did you get it from the market or direct from the website? When do you get the message, and what exactly does it say?

otis77
11-20-2010, 12:54 PM
I can't find it on the market so I used BrainApp to download it and when I click on the game to install it it still says that it can not be found.
I then used fast web download to download it directly from the website and when I click on the game from my download history it says that it is too big and that I need to remove some application. I already have 72.6 MB available on my phone and over 2GB on my SD card

Futumsh
11-20-2010, 01:04 PM
If you're running an android version before 2.2, reports I've seen are that you may need 110 megs free to do the initial install, even though it only takes about 40. With 2.2, you should be able to install to sdcard - not sure how much internal is required to do the install, but should only take 11 megs or so internal afterwards.

otis77
11-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Well I finally have it installed after removing some apps but the game force closes on me everytime not very happy right now

Futumsh
11-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Uninstall, reboot, install, see if it works. If not, and you're able, send us the tombstone and/or logcat output from launching it.

otis77
11-20-2010, 03:22 PM
How do I get the tombstone and or the logcat output. Sorry I don't know too much about these phones yet.

roshti
11-20-2010, 03:36 PM
I am having the same problem. I have tried everything I can find on forums everywhere but I cannot install the game. Even when Dling the apk file it says "Application not installed." Does the same when Dling from the market and through appbrain. Using Droid X.

Futumsh
11-20-2010, 04:00 PM
otis77: You can see logout output using the 'adb logcat' command from the dev tools if you have your device hooked up and usb debugging enabled. Tombstone files are located in /data/tombstones. There will be a reference to 'sts.pl' in the files under the tombstones directory if it's for our app.

roshti: Have you tried installing while your sdcard is not mounted? It seems quite a few devices have issues with large apps that prefer installing to the sdcard simply not installing properly when the sdcard is enabled.

otis77
11-20-2010, 05:05 PM
I got it to work thanks.
I don't have a computer at this moment in time so would there be any other way of seeing them or is a computer needed.

Futumsh
11-20-2010, 05:09 PM
If there's a way to get at it directly from the device, I'm not familiar with it, sorry - glad you got it working.