PDA

View Full Version : Challenge another player to a duel (1-on-1 PvP)

Energizeric
12-24-2013, 08:22 PM
In the past, I suggested having a 1-on-1 PvP arena where other players can watch, but this idea is a bit different... On the context menu where you can inspect, trade, or invite a player, there will be a "Challenge to Duel" option. If the opposing player accepts, you will both be brought to a 1-on-1 arena where you can fight each other. The first player to 5 kills wins.

Instead of keeping track of wins and losses on your stat page, you will have a "PvP Rating" of between 0 and 1000. New players begin with a rating of 500. When you win a duel with another player, your rating increases. When you lose a duel with another player, your rating decreases. The increase or decrease depends on the rating of the other player. The stronger the other player is compared to you, the more you have to gain and the less you have to lose. If the other player is much weaker than you, then you have little to gain and more to lose.

The formula to determine the change in PvP Rating after a duel is as follows:

Winner's PvP Rating increase = [(1000 - Winner's PvP Rating)/100] * [(Loser's PvP Rating - Winner's PvP Rating)/500 + 1]

(winning against a player who has a PvP Rating more than 500 points lower than yours will result in no gain for your rating)

Loser's PvP Rating decrease = [Loser's PvP Rating/100] * [(Loser's PvP Rating - Winner's PvP Rating)/500 + 1]

(losing against a player who has a PvP Rating more than 500 points higher than yours will result in no loss for your rating)

(Perhaps some of you math majors can tell me if these formulas produce good results. The idea is to have a formula that pushes everyone towards the middle 500 number, makes it very difficult to get a very high or low rating, and makes it impossible to go higher than 1000 or lower than 0.)

Some Rules:

1) You cannot duel against a player who is more than 2 levels lower or higher than you.

2) Leaving in middle of a duel results in an automatic loss. Since the system cannot tell the difference between leaving or being disconnected, disconnects will result in a loss.

3) At the beginning of each duel, and after each kill, both players will have a 30 second orb or protection around them, and at that time they can make any adjustments to their pets, gear, etc. After 30 seconds the orb disappears and the fight begins.

4) After the duel is over and one player has reached 5 kills, two options will appear on the screen, "Quit" or "Rematch". If both players choose "Rematch", then a new duel between them will begin, otherwise both players will return to the town or dungeon they were in before the duel.

Your PvP rating will be shown on your stat page. Players with a high rating can be expected to be challenged to duels quite often, since other players would hope to beat you and increase their rating. There will be a settings option to "Decline Duels" just as we have an option to decline party invitations.

There will be a leaderboard page for the top 25 in PvP Rating just as we have for other PvP categories.

Cero
12-24-2013, 08:52 PM
i like your ideas as usual. The win/lose rating is great that i can't think of anyway for anyone to boost their toons.

i support and hope sts would implement this kind of system that noone can cheat.

Hinataa
12-25-2013, 02:55 AM
this is amazing

Hakanor
12-25-2013, 06:45 AM
yh quite nice ...

Energizeric
12-26-2013, 01:53 AM
Common guys, more feedback.... Too few responses for something that everyone says they want...

Anarchist
12-27-2013, 03:49 PM
In the past, I suggested having a 1-on-1 PvP arena where other players can watch, but this idea is a bit different... On the context menu where you can inspect, trade, or invite a player, there will be a "Challenge to Duel" option. If the opposing player accepts, you will both be brought to a 1-on-1 arena where you can fight each other. The first player to 5 kills wins.

Instead of keeping track of wins and losses on your stat page, you will have a "PvP Rating" of between 0 and 1000. New players begin with a rating of 500. When you win a duel with another player, your rating increases. When you lose a duel with another player, your rating decreases. The increase or decrease depends on the rating of the other player. The stronger the other player is compared to you, the more you have to gain and the less you have to lose. If the other player is much weaker than you, then you have little to gain and more to lose.

Winner's PvP Rating increase = [(1000 - Winner's PvP Rating)/100] * [(Loser's PvP Rating - Winner's PvP Rating)/500 + 1]

(winning against a player who has a PvP Rating more than 500 points lower than yours will result in no gain for your rating)

Loser's PvP Rating decrease = [Loser's PvP Rating/100] * [(Loser's PvP Rating - Winner's PvP Rating)/500 + 1]

(losing against a player who has a PvP Rating more than 500 points higher than yours will result in no loss for your rating)

(Perhaps some of you math majors can tell me if these formulas produce good results. The idea is to have a formula that pushes everyone towards the middle 500 number, makes it very difficult to get a very high or low rating, and makes it impossible to go higher than 1000 or lower than 0.)

Some Rules:

1) You cannot duel against a player who is more than 2 levels lower or higher than you.

2) Leaving in middle of a duel results in an automatic loss. Since the system cannot tell the difference between leaving or being disconnected, disconnects will result in a loss.

3) At the beginning of each duel, and after each kill, both players will have a 30 second orb or protection around them, and at that time they can make any adjustments to their pets, gear, etc. After 30 seconds the orb disappears and the fight begins.

4) After the duel is over and one player has reached 5 kills, two options will appear on the screen, "Quit" or "Rematch". If both players choose "Rematch", then a new duel between them will begin, otherwise both players will return to the town or dungeon they were in before the duel.

Your PvP rating will be shown on your stat page. Players with a high rating can be expected to be challenged to duels quite often, since other players would hope to beat you and increase their rating. There will be a settings option to "Decline Duels" just as we have an option to decline party invitations.

There will be a leaderboard page for the top 25 in PvP Rating just as we have for other PvP categories.

+1 I like this idea it will simple some things:
1) the fact you can't have a pvp to measure your power with someone without yelling "move! go out! plz don't interfere! this a 1 vs 1! dont attack! count! no you didn't count ecc"
2) its also resolves the count problem cuz lets be sincere the person counting when theres is a 1 vs 1 fight would be slightly in disadvantage.
3) Ctf arena is for the Supergeard especially at cap level and if u dont have the best gear get prepared to be farmed but with your method even a "noob" player can choose a random person he see's with a similar power as his and hav fun enjoying pvp too.
4) it's also good for practicing with a friend.

I really hope this pvp idea would be implementated :D

Rare
12-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Great idea

UndeadJudge
12-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Yes please!! This also shows the 1v1 toons vs the clash fight toons. Some people are better at one or the other.

Also might help me to get some challenges from gangers.

kurd4ever
12-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Very nice +1

Imjebus
12-29-2013, 08:03 PM
Please make this happen.

gaararhen
12-29-2013, 09:34 PM
awesome. +1!

Int
12-29-2013, 09:42 PM
Some of this reminds me of duel arena back in runescape

Linkincena
12-30-2013, 01:21 AM
Well...
Here goes another exploit for this if there is a scoring::
People farming their own alts..

Any solution for this?

Energizeric
12-30-2013, 02:52 AM
Well...
Here goes another exploit for this if there is a scoring::
People farming their own alts..

Any solution for this?

Yes, the formula above would take that into account. Once you reach the point of having a high rating, the only way to keep increasing your rating is to beat other players with a high rating. Since a farming alt would have a low rating, having been killed over and over, it would not work.

Farming alts would initially give you a slight boost, but would not be enough of a boost to land you on the leaderboards. For that you would have to fight and defeat players who had high ratings.

threewisemen
12-30-2013, 06:16 AM
Cool. +1
Also, your english is flawless. Bravo!!

Crowsfoot
12-31-2013, 06:02 PM
A compounding equation of e would be most effective IMO. replace with with wins - losses. Set the system up so players may only challenge those with similar levels and dueling rank. Ideally you want players to start at the blue of zero. Where losses subtract from wins but cannot reduce the victory value below zero.

I don't like your current system because level isn't a factor (although it should be IMO). additionally, I think that you are better off preventing players with widely varying victory ranks to challenge each other. It makes the equation easier to write at least. As is you have multiple equations which don't share a common variable that allows you to simplify the system of equations into a single equation.

Let me play with some numbers and get back to you. I will admit that out of all the "dueling" proposals this is my favorite since it adds a better count system than a simple win/loss ratio which is easily abused in a two player arena.

FluffNStuff
12-31-2013, 06:14 PM
Yes, the formula above would take that into account. Once you reach the point of having a high rating, the only way to keep increasing your rating is to beat other players with a high rating. Since a farming alt would have a low rating, having been killed over and over, it would not work.

Farming alts would initially give you a slight boost, but would not be enough of a boost to land you on the leaderboards. For that you would have to fight and defeat players who had high ratings.

Then just make another alt.
You said ~new~ players start at 500. So you beat one to he he death he he then create a new one with a default 500 rank. Since you can't go over 1000, you are always fighting a toon that is within 500 points. It will take more time, but sad as it is, what the leader board exploiters lack in talent they clearly make up for in time :( Other then that, it is looking good. Will check the numbers. Have you run the equations through a program with say a million randomly generated wins and losses to see what the ranks turn out to be?

Zynzyn
01-04-2014, 01:55 AM
While I like your 1 vs 1 suggestion , I would like a normal 1 vs 1 arena that anyone can enter, like the ctf and tdm rooms now. The only difference is that devs could make this 1 vs 1 arena for same levels. Players in lower or higher level should not be able to join.

Asking for duels, and getting rejected, or getting duel request spam would be annoying. Players can just msg another player for a duel and party up to join a room. So the rooms should be like they are now, just enter and start playing.

People 'massively' farming their own alts can be avoided by setting a limit. If the player kills the opponent, the maximum number of times he can kill the same opponent/per day can be set by the devs.

Also, each player can have a hidden rating detected by the system based on which the system matches them with opponents. As you have said Energizeric "Once you reach the point of having a high rating, the only way to keep increasing your rating is to beat other players with a high rating. Since a farming alt would have a low rating, having been killed over and over, it would not work. " This could be a solution for alt-farming as well. Good point.

A 1 vs 1 Kill/death record and LeaderBoard would be wonderful to have and would give new players a chance to be in one LB without using unfair means like farming alts. It would be amazing. A KDR record, an LB and a reward of 1 or 2 story tokens per match won would be a perfect incentive for more people to go farm a lot or buy plats to max out their gear, build and stats and indulge in healthy competition.

Energizeric
01-04-2014, 03:49 AM
No, I haven't checked out the numbers using any kind of program. I surely expect that some of you math majors can come up with a better equation that those I presented. I just wanted to post something with the general idea of a rating. How that rating system should work is up for discussion, but it should be done in a way that prevents people from killing alts to boost their rating past a certain point. You can never eliminate kill farming entirely, but you can make it so that it won't give you enough of a boost to land you on the leaderboards.

As for level, I forgot about that factor as I'm so much geared towards end game. However, a good idea would be to factor in the level along with the rating in some kind of formula, so that a player fighting another player who is higher level than him has more to gain, while the higher level player has more to lose. And maybe apply a limit of 2 levels just like PvP currently has, so you cannot fight anyone higher or lower than you by more than 2 levels.

The idea is to encourage people to want to fight players who are better or higher level than themselves. Otherwise you end up with a system where nobody will want to fight the best players. You can accomplish this by making such a formula where the potential rewards are higher when you fight a player with a higher rating, or who is slightly higher level than you are. Just as we all love fighting in elite dungeons because the drops are better, people will be lining up to fight Predator even though they know the chance of beating him is small, because he has a 999 rating and if they beat him they will receive a big boost in their rating.

fritzce
01-08-2014, 04:25 AM
then, it can be farmed with a pvp friend, like alternate kills.

Energizeric
01-12-2014, 10:19 PM
then, it can be farmed with a pvp friend, like alternate kills.

Since deaths cause you to lose points, if you alternated kills with a friend you would be back where you started when it was over.

Hiosahaf
01-18-2014, 09:30 PM
Bump. Really an awesome idea!

Elder
01-21-2014, 11:19 PM
Great idea :)

As it is now, you can go to your settings to decline all party invites....so why not add a similar option to pvp duel requests. This would limit spamming and seems fairly easy to implement.

To prevent kill farming make players unable to duel anyone 200 points above or below their current amount. Pvp has always been competitive and in that environment feelings get hurt. So what is stopping a good player from dropping to 0 points then challenging one of the best players who is on the leaderboards that hurt his feelings. If the player whose feelings were hurt wins, the player who lost will not be be on the leaderboards anymore and his points will drop immensely.

It's all just speculation, but it could happen.

Energizeric
01-21-2014, 11:32 PM
I would like the formula to be such that individual battles do not swing your rating that much, and it requires a lot of work to get your rating high -- so much that nobody would want to drop their rating to zero as it would take a ton of work to get it back up.

Alfai
01-22-2014, 01:49 AM

Some Rules:

Remind me of the old republic.you can inspect players amd send invite for a duel.

Madnex
01-22-2014, 06:08 AM
Sounds like something that's missing from the current unorganized PvP. I support this but first, I have two questions for you:

1)Is the winner's HP/MP going to be refreshed after each win? In any other case, a closed space 1v1 area would turn this to alternate kills. For example, will the player who lost the first fight get back to his injured opponent before 30 seconds pass?

2)Yes, there is a way to boost, just slightly more complicated. Using a multi-account scale system. Let me explain.

I'm talking about 3-4 alts, which anyone can make. Let's suppose this 0-1000 point system is implemented. As each player starts with a set amount of points --let's say 500--, the player chain will go like this:
(assuming account [3], meaning your main, already has the lead)

Replaceable New Acc.[1] < Second Degradable Acc.[2] < Main Acc.[3]

1. First step is using [3] to farm [2] until the points received are too low/zero.
2. Secondly, [2] farms [1] until he completely regenerates from [3]'s farming.
3. Since [1] is expendable, when [2] stops receiving points from [1], remake account [1].
4. Continue to feed [2] with [1]'s until [2] is maxed and then farm [2] with [1].
5. Repeat.

With these 5 simple steps and some patience, 1000 is not unachievable. Note that this process can be done in account making levels(lvl 1-3) until the max or a satisfying score is achieved. Then proceeding with actual leveling as usual.

And because I'm aware this is still complicated for most, let me break it down to numers. Let's assume 100 point difference nullifies further point gain.

[1]- -[2] - -[3]

500 - 500 - 550
500 - 400 - 650
400 - 500 - 650
500 - 500 - 650
400 - 600 - 650
500 - 500 - 750
400 - 600 - 750
500 - 600 - 750
500 - 500 - 850

-At this point a 4rth account comes in if you want to achieve 1000.

Yes, I'm good at this.

dantus
01-22-2014, 08:05 AM
This sounds amazing but instead of having to create a new arena it could take place where you stand. This was available in another game *coughworldofwarcraftcough* there was no rating system it was just something fun players could do when standing around..paradise pier or windmoore comes to mind. When in any town you can pull up another players inspect page where a duel tab would be. After challenging a player to a duel an accept tab would pop up on their screen (similar to a party invite tab) where they could accept or deny. If the player accepts a message appears at top of screen "get ready" "3" "2" "1" "go!" (Similar to cf "the match will begin when each team has 3 players" during the countdown both players cannot target each other. When the countdown is over a red and blue circle appears under each respective player and they are able to target each other. When one of the players is defeated there would be a player 1 killed player 2 message in general chat in blue and red letters like pvp maps. The spectators would be everyone in a Givin map. While a duel is active players could not receive buffs from surrounding players and the potion tab would disappear I would absolutely love to be able to kill time in the pier like this. I don't think a rating system or lb is nessassary. Just some good fun.

Anarchist
01-22-2014, 08:19 AM
This sounds amazing but instead of having to create a new arena it could take place where you stand. This was available in another game *coughworldofwarcraftcough* there was no rating system it was just something fun players could do when standing around..paradise pier or windmoore comes to mind. When in any town you can pull up another players inspect page where a duel tab would be. After challenging a player to a duel an accept tab would pop up on their screen (similar to a party invite tab) where they could accept or deny. If the player accepts a message appears at top of screen "get ready" "3" "2" "1" "go!" (Similar to cf "the match will begin when each team has 3 players" during the countdown both players cannot target each other. When the countdown is over a red and blue circle appears under each respective player and they are able to target each other. When one of the players is defeated there would be a player 1 killed player 2 message in general chat in blue and red letters like pvp maps. The spectators would be everyone in a Givin map. While a duel is active players could not receive buffs from surrounding players and the potion tab would disappear I would absolutely love to be able to kill time in the pier like this. I don't think a rating system or lb is nessassary. Just some good fun.

1Vs1 pvp in a town map is a suicide. c:

dantus
01-22-2014, 08:34 AM
1Vs1 pvp in a town map is a suicide. c:

Enlighten me

Madnex
01-22-2014, 08:38 AM
1Vs1 pvp in a town map is swtor all over. c:
Fixed.

dantus
01-22-2014, 08:40 AM
Fixed.
Swtor?
Lol nevermind...Googled it.

Anarchist
01-22-2014, 09:42 AM
Enlighten me

Let me proceed to flash you with my torch. c:

Lets take a example of a war Y vs a rogue X in Paradise pier, fights starts:

Prob1
The rogue use SP and vanishes in crowd then the war start searching for her instead of them fighting.

Prob2
People seeing there's a fight gather around the two of them so there's is a mass of toons and pets concentraded in 1 spot and the fighters can't identify their opponent.
It turns from 1vs1 to Hide n Seek.

Prob3
Rogue X drops her medic pack wanders a bit here and there and later can't find the packs when she needs them cause there is a pet or a group of toons standing on top of them.

Prob4
How do you eliminate the problem of people changing their gears after being challenged and right before match starts bringing out the full myths + samael they were hiding to seem weak??

Prob5
Having a fight with people of your same caliber and level will be much more complicated cause in town maps their is not a level filter.

Prob6
This is a concrate one thats has to do with programming. As stated by Samhayne when he explained why pocket legend was not repolished and instead AL was invented
"it is much more simplier to create something new than fixing the old things".

After considering all this problems some days ago i made a suggestion only few people gaf about if you care to read click:
Here (www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?134188-1-Vs-1-PvP-System(Gold-Challenge-included)).

c:

dantus
01-22-2014, 11:51 AM
Let me proceed to flash you with my torch. c:

Lets take a example of a war Y vs a rogue X in Paradise pier, fights starts:

Prob1
The rogue use SP and vanishes in crowd then the war start searching for her instead of them fighting.

Prob2
People seeing there's a fight gather around the two of them so there's is a mass of toons and pets concentraded in 1 spot and the fighters can't identify their opponent.
It turns from 1vs1 to Hide n Seek.

Prob3
Rogue X drops her medic pack wanders a bit here and there and later can't find the packs when she needs them cause there is a pet or a group of toons standing on top of them.

Prob4
How do you eliminate the problem of people changing their gears after being challenged and right before match starts bringing out the full myths + samael they were hiding to seem weak??

Prob5
Having a fight with people of your same caliber and level will be much more complicated cause in town maps their is not a level filter.

Prob6
This is a concrate one thats has to do with programming. As stated by Samhayne when he explained why pocket legend was not repolished and instead AL was invented
"it is much more simplier to create something new than fixing the old things".

After considering all this problems some days ago i made a suggestion only few people gaf about if you care to read click:
Here (www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?134188-1-Vs-1-PvP-System(Gold-Challenge-included)).

c: I would also suggest that kill/deaths are not recorded. This would simply be a fun way to pass the time.

Anarchist
01-22-2014, 01:28 PM
I would also suggest that kill/deaths are not recorded. This would simply be a fun way to pass the time.

I agree too it should just be for fun and measuring power.
No kdr
No "points"
No AP's

Energizeric
01-22-2014, 01:40 PM
Sounds like something that's missing from the current unorganized PvP. I support this but first, I have two questions for you:

1)Is the winner's HP/MP going to be refreshed after each win? In any other case, a closed space 1v1 area would turn this to alternate kills. For example, will the player who lost the first fight get back to his injured opponent before 30 seconds pass?

2)Yes, there is a way to boost, just slightly more complicated. Using a multi-account scale system. Let me explain.

I'm talking about 3-4 alts, which anyone can make. Let's suppose this 0-1000 point system is implemented. As each player starts with a set amount of points --let's say 500--, the player chain will go like this:
(assuming account [3], meaning your main, already has the lead)

Replaceable New Acc.[1] < Second Degradable Acc.[2] < Main Acc.[3]

1. First step is using [3] to farm [2] until the points received are too low/zero.
2. Secondly, [2] farms [1] until he completely regenerates from [3]'s farming.
3. Since [1] is expendable, when [2] stops receiving points from [1], remake account [1].
4. Continue to feed [2] with [1]'s until [2] is maxed and then farm [2] with [1].
5. Repeat.

With these 5 simple steps and some patience, 1000 is not unachievable. Note that this process can be done in account making levels(lvl 1-3) until the max or a satisfying score is achieved. Then proceeding with actual leveling as usual.

And because I'm aware this is still complicated for most, let me break it down to numers. Let's assume 100 point difference nullifies further point gain.

[1]- -[2] - -[3]

500 - 500 - 550
500 - 400 - 650
400 - 500 - 650
500 - 500 - 650
400 - 600 - 650
500 - 500 - 750
400 - 600 - 750
500 - 600 - 750
500 - 500 - 850

-At this point a 4rth account comes in if you want to achieve 1000.

Yes, I'm good at this.

As for #1, I agree that both players should be returned to full HP and Mana after each battle.

As for boosting, perhaps we need some safeguards built into the system to help avoid this sort of thing. Obviously you can never eliminate it 100%, but let's try to make it as difficult as possible. The formula needs to be such that you need a ton of kills of good players to get up past 900. Yes, boosting is always possible, but it needs to be such that maybe you would a hundred alts to get that high, not just 5. Any ideas?

Anarchist
01-22-2014, 01:52 PM
As for #1, I agree that both players should be returned to full HP and Mana after each battle.

As for boosting, perhaps we need some safeguards built into the system to help avoid this sort of thing. Obviously you can never eliminate it 100%, but let's try to make it as difficult as possible. The formula needs to be such that you need a ton of kills of good players to get up past 900. Yes, boosting is always possible, but it needs to be such that maybe you would a hundred alts to get that high, not just 5. Any ideas?

I have 1 what if....
You remove the points and add a gold betting system.

I really want to see how they will exploit this c:

Rianaku
01-22-2014, 08:47 PM
I have 1 what if....
You remove the points and add a gold betting system.

I really want to see how they will exploit this c:

I was just thinking this. Remove any kind of kill points system and have a betting system.
So there's no way to "farm" or "exploit" anything.
Both people have to agree to the amount bet, they fight, and the winner gets the loot. And if people complain they lost, too bad, don't agree :D

+1 for the idea!

Madnex
01-23-2014, 01:27 AM

Hmm I can see locking PvP for levels below 20, for example, making my method and similar ones a lot harder. As you said it wouldn't be impossible just enough to make the majority of boosters back off and rethink if a score is worth so much of their time.

This isn't a bad solution for the current PvP either. Twink PvP is by no means necessary to exist in such wide level range.

dantus
01-23-2014, 04:56 AM
If there was a betting system this will surely be exploited.

Anarchist
01-23-2014, 04:56 AM
Hmm I can see locking PvP for levels below 20, for example, making my method and similar ones a lot harder. As you said it wouldn't be impossible just enough to make the majority of boosters back off and rethink if a score is worth so much of their time.

This isn't a bad solution for the current PvP either. Twink PvP is by no means necessary to exist in such wide level range.

Are you for real dude?

Find a better solution.

Madnex
01-23-2014, 05:46 AM
First, the suggestion is made for the hypothetical future 1v1 system.

Secondly, I don't feel like derailing this topic and getting on the bad side of anyone who plays on twinks. Objectively proving twink PvP can easily be considered unnecessary will probably do both.

On topic, I'm waiting for more people's input here. This is a rarely nice suggestion.

Anarchist
01-23-2014, 09:59 AM
First, the suggestion is made for the hypothetical future 1v1 system.

Secondly, I don't feel like derailing this topic and getting on the bad side of anyone who plays on twinks. Objectively proving twink PvP can easily be considered unnecessary will probably do both.

On topic, I'm waiting for more people's input here. This is a rarely nice suggestion.

Well if you don't want to derail i will do it.

Twink pvp is necessary.
Extremely necessary.
1. There are many players on twink level doing pvp.
Some even stopped playing on their main when they reached all their goals and just pvp and for this purpose they choose to use a twink(Example me). Me like others will go mad at sts if they don't give us the same enjoyment as cap pvpers.

2.Twink pvp is fun more fun than endgame less competative, less drama, less guild chitty chat, more simple.

3. Not given a eventually 1vs1 pvp system to under 20 twinks will ruin the under 20 market. Cause all the twinks will level up and nobody will be buying gears like tarlok juggernaught ecc under level 20.

Like i said before find a better solution cause this one is not good.

If you can't find a solution i suggest you guys remove the points system and add a gold betting system which is UNEXPLOITABLE unless you hack the game.

Anything that freelygives a "point" a "credit" a "kill" after doing X action have a high chance of being exploited.

Madnex
01-23-2014, 11:42 AM
Unfortunately, the world does not revolve around you.

-Secondly, it wouldn't be a direct system change; an announcement would be made a month before so people can keep or sell their gear and level up to 21. The market has survived far worse and will keep changing unpredictedly after any update anyway. Since there will be a warning, these changes will be smoothed out nice and slow.

-PvP for lower than 20 would still be an option but it simply woulnd't reward kills. So you're not going to miss out on whatever fun you get off it. That's if you're doing it for the fun and not the record. You're free to put your gold betting system on it any time too.

-Less competitive? Hardly. Even if we accept that, you can always make another character of the same class if you capped and completed everything, a PvE toon or even try capping/leveling the remaining classes. It's not your one and only option after you cap.

-The main reason I'm suggesting this isn't because I secretly hate twink PvP. It's because it would help stopping a massive amount of something you supposedly are all angry about; low level dummy/undergeared-farming players.

There are no issues with this suggested system.
If, however, you wish to speak your mind about any concerns I can explain in further detail.

Anarchist
01-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Unfortunately, the world does not revolve around you.

-Secondly, it wouldn't be a direct system change; an announcement would be made a month before so people can keep or sell their gear and level up to 21. The market has survived far worse and will keep changing unpredictedly after any update anyway. Since there will be a warning, these changes will be smoothed out nice and slow.

-PvP for lower than 20 would still be an option but it simply woulnd't reward kills. So you're not going to miss out on whatever fun you get off it. That's if you're doing it for the fun and not the record. You're free to put your gold betting system on it any time too.

-Less competitive? Hardly. Even if we accept that, you can always make another character of the same class if you capped and completed everything, a PvE toon or even try capping/leveling the remaining classes. It's not your one and only option after you cap.

-The main reason I'm suggesting this isn't because I secretly hate twink PvP. It's because it would help stopping a massive amount of something you supposedly are all angry about; low level dummy/undergeared-farming players.

There are no issues with this suggested system.
If, however, you wish to speak your mind about any concerns I can explain in further detail.

There goes another one that thinks they don't farm dummies at cap level.

Know what? Forget it.

Madnex
01-23-2014, 01:08 PM
I said massive amount, not that it will stop people completely. Most "new stars" on LB nowadays are below 10 if you care to check names.

Energizeric
01-23-2014, 03:16 PM
There is no need to get rid of twink pvp. We can find a solution without doing that.

Devarogue
01-24-2014, 11:50 AM
Good idea!! +1