PDA

View Full Version : keepers, mirage, or wand/eye?

Conradin
11-20-2010, 01:46 PM
should i go for the keepers, marage stafff or cosmos eye nad wand on my intbear? i know keeps does the most damage and wand and eye is for surviveablilty, but hows the mirage after the update? which should i invest in?

Bigsleazy
11-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Mirage is just a bad form of keepers. I would recommend going wand and eye as you gain quite a bit of extra defense from it. But If you want to do higher damage than go keepers of course. Just depends on your playing style. Also, you might be able to pick up an eye and wand for a little bit cheaper than a keepers staff if money is an issue

Conradin
11-20-2010, 08:13 PM
Money is an issue lol, I got the eye and wand. Thanks, might try yah save up for a keepers now

Ellyidol
11-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Yeah right now there is really no reason to use a Mirage. Keeper outwhelms it in every aspect. :)

Pharcyde
11-20-2010, 11:44 PM
Heres the thing a lot of people don't bring up about keepers. Your armor is low because you won't have the eye so you have really low survivability. Especially with the update lowering all gears armor up to 50%. So I reccomend having wand and eye plus the keepers staff. Equipt the keeper staff when clearing mobs and equipt wand/eye on bosses for survivability.

One last thing: Since update, m/s got reduced 50%. So if you use keepers staff, you will need to buy mana potions.

Conradin
11-21-2010, 01:09 AM
^ thanks for the help. Only 220k more til I can bu w keepers. Lol

Ellyidol
11-21-2010, 01:16 AM
Keepers is good if you are confident you aren't going to die, or your group/yourself can finish it off in one combo. I usually use it with a tank in front or another Mage with me. Eye wand is good for anything else, if your mainly looking to support/damage slightly especially. Mana shouldn't really be a problem even with a keeper, unless you tank with your kana shield that is.

maneut
11-21-2010, 01:58 AM
Eh, I think Conradin is asking about Int Bear.. I manage to squeeze in 67 armor with a Keepers Staff on my Int Bear, quite fun to play. I think he's similar to a Bird with a Bow atm armor wise? But he is Not a Tank.. He's just fun to play :p If you're bored with a regular Bear, give Int Bear a Go :)

Pharcyde
11-21-2010, 02:41 AM
I really like that keepers has splash damage though. Its perfect for corner trick. Doing the corner trick it inflicts 500-2500 damage a blast. Which may be lowballing. could easily hit 5000 damage if the mob is big.