PDA

View Full Version : windows phones?

greandeath
12-25-2013, 08:36 PM
when will the game be availably for windows phones. I really want to switch devices.

Hoardseeker
12-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Yeah maybe new year?

Temarichan
12-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Perhaps they can put it in the Windows store for Surface 2 please

Nommos
12-26-2013, 08:52 AM
Can a dev or win8.1 user, tell if we can play al through chrome, but on a win tablet? I would like to buy one like toshiba encore, or dell venue, but if I can't play al, I'll go on an android tablet.

greandeath
12-26-2013, 09:20 AM
So the game should be available on new years for windows phones

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

vogel
12-26-2013, 09:27 AM
So the game should be available on new years for windows phones

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

No thats not what the other forum user said. He said maybe on new years? I.e. he doesnt know either. Imo I wouldnt let one game decide what kind of device im buying. Who knows u might not play this in 3 months and will be stuck with a device u didnt really like from the start.

Crowsfoot
12-26-2013, 11:13 AM
The single largest draw back to windows mobile devices is their app store. Google is constantly stonewalling any advances Microsoft attempt to make. Examples include, but are not limited to, removing the YouTube app from the windows market and refusing to do a cross over market without heavy up charges to windows users.

Apple plays ball with nobody but Apple. And Google doesn't want a third leg in the race. Admittably the windows devices have some components I prefer (I want Microsoft office on my mobiles, not going to lie) but without a built up app market I don't see myself buying one.

Microsoft is going to be forced to do the coding on the buig name apps like angry birds, temple run, candy crush, minion rush, clash of clans, and all the others on the top apps list before independent developers make their apps compatible with windows devices.

The majority of windows devices are used fore work. We all know the "cool people may use a mac but business men use a PC" Campaign. So, it might be a year or two until windows starts to really become a competitor in the mobile devices gaming race.

Reggin
12-26-2013, 12:53 PM
On an 8.1 tablet tablet, you can run the chrome or flash version, but the issue is that you need a keyboard because those versions don't have a touch functional dpad.

Raghavbatra
12-26-2013, 01:50 PM
On an 8.1 tablet tablet, you can run the chrome or flash version, but the issue is that you need a keyboard because those versions don't have a touch functional dpad.

Ive tried that, its doesnt works

Samhayne
12-26-2013, 01:54 PM
As far as I am aware we do not have plans to port the Spacetime Engine (or any specific games) to work for Windows Phones.

Reggin
12-26-2013, 02:52 PM
I play the Chrome version on my surface pro all the time on 8.1

On a side note sam, any plans to simply add a dpad options option for the chrome version since so many devices using chrome are touchscreen?

Temarichan
12-26-2013, 04:48 PM

On a side note sam, any plans to simply add a dpad options option for the chrome version since so many devices using chrome are touchscreen?

(/--)/ teach meh lol

famousfame
12-27-2013, 07:38 AM
Crow u a smart cookie :-)

Reggin
12-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Well i installed chrome, went to the site account.spacetimestudios.com/arcanelegends and put it in full screen. The arrow keys being so small makes it a pain to play on though.

Crowsfoot
12-27-2013, 11:35 AM

Yes, any device that supports Chrome (almost all now-a-days) can play the Chrome version. Although, as stated, it is a pain. An app that allows the same gameplay as the android or apple market app is still far off.

As far as I am aware we do not have plans to port the Spacetime Engine (or any specific games) to work for Windows Phones.
This supports my claim that an Arcane Legends app (along with hundreds of popular apps) will not be making a scene on the windows app store anytime soon.