PDA

View Full Version : Are the mobs still angry at dead toons?

FluffNStuff
11-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Got another resurrection question (thanks for the quick answer on the last one). I was trying to figure out why my mage was getting one-shot after being resurrected before she could do anything, including pump the pots, but realized that is not the real issue. The realissue is why my mage is getting shot at at all. A room of 5 people, 3 of them pounding on the mobs, 1 resurrecting me and me. Why would the mobs care about me at all, as I have not done anything, and the only thing I can think of is that the agro I built up before my death was not reset. So here is the question, does agro reset when a toon dies, and if not, why not? And if it does reset, what is angering up the mobs enough to attack a toon before the health pots, shields, health skill or any attacks are activated?

Kurlz
11-20-2010, 05:01 PM
happens with my tank sometimes too, but i think thats to be expected, since im right in their face...dont see why it would happen with a mage

CanonicalKoi
11-20-2010, 05:03 PM
I swear some of them have a built-in hate for mages, period. In Close Encounters, standing near P'whatsits lair as a bird. Mage comes up and stands behind me so I'm between baddie and her. We're waiting for everyone else to catch up. P-man walks past me and one-shots the Mage--neither of us were doing anything--she wasn't casting heal or boosts, nada. Then he walks back to his spot still totally ignoring me.

Arterra
11-20-2010, 05:24 PM
I swear some of them have a built-in hate for mages, period. In Close Encounters, standing near P'whatsits lair as a bird. Mage comes up and stands behind me so I'm between baddie and her. We're waiting for everyone else to catch up. P-man walks past me and one-shots the Mage--neither of us were doing anything--she wasn't casting heal or boosts, nada. Then he walks back to his spot still totally ignoring me.

lol im in the keeper's room a while back, before update, and they have started pounding him already. i was admittedly busy replying to someone, so nothing from me, and he turns around and makes sure to blast me out of the room. mages are like little boards with targets on them, or people in halo free for all with jetpacks...

Kurlz
11-20-2010, 05:51 PM
yup, in ao2 if there is a mage in the party, the lesser djinn wil alll go after the mage, even if theres four tanks pounding on him with all theyve got

Arterra
11-20-2010, 06:40 PM
yup, in ao2 if there is a mage in the party, the lesser djinn wil alll go after the mage, even if theres four tanks pounding on him with all theyve got

I love how str birds are aggro tanks.
Put on a wep with a Proc and they love you. Or hate you.

Kurlz
11-20-2010, 09:16 PM
I love how str birds are aggro tanks.
Put on a wep with a Proc and they love you. Or hate you.

they just want a hug

CanonicalKoi
11-20-2010, 09:21 PM
they just want a hug

Probably. I swear if you gave the Keeper fourteen cats, two very nervous parakeets and a big purple purse, he'd look just like my neighbor.

Kurlz
11-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Probably. I swear if you gave the Keeper fourteen cats, two very nervous parakeets and a big purple purse, he'd look just like my neighbor.

he would send the cats out to kill everybody, it would cause so much chaos among noobs that it would start the apocalypse

maneut
11-20-2010, 11:45 PM
Got another resurrection question (thanks for the quick answer on the last one). I was trying to figure out why my mage was getting one-shot after being resurrected before she could do anything, including pump the pots, but realized that is not the real issue. The realissue is why my mage is getting shot at at all. A room of 5 people, 3 of them pounding on the mobs, 1 resurrecting me and me. Why would the mobs care about me at all, as I have not done anything, and the only thing I can think of is that the agro I built up before my death was not reset. So here is the question, does agro reset when a toon dies, and if not, why not? And if it does reset, what is angering up the mobs enough to attack a toon before the health pots, shields, health skill or any attacks are activated?

Which room and boss were you killing? If it's overlord room, then you need to rez at a safer spot.

Fyrce
11-21-2010, 05:46 AM
I think mages just have to remember they're boss/mob magnets. I'm always ready to run around the tank :) though once in awhile, the mob goes after the bird instead. Of course, it helps to have another mage in case I don't run fast enough.

Oh, the rebalance helps survivability A LOT. Thanks! Still a bit squishy but not as much. Very nice.

Rusalio
11-21-2010, 01:37 PM
hahaha, I love the aggro as a DEX Bird..... do dump a few pots tho, but love it!!! And yes as my mage I notice the same sort of pure hate attention.....lol

Pharcyde
11-21-2010, 02:03 PM
I think mages just have to remember they're boss/mob magnets. I'm always ready to run around the tank :) though once in awhile, the mob goes after the bird instead. Of course, it helps to have another mage in case I don't run fast enough.

Oh, the rebalance helps survivability A LOT. Thanks! Still a bit squishy but not as much. Very nice.

Oh I know exactly what you mean :). I am a impatient player. I usually am the first to hit the mob EVERY time. I hate playing with people that are multi tasking like 7 other things so they sit there afk for like 30 seconds after the mobs been cleared. But yeah when the tank actually is moving, he usually doesn't do his group spec. Then I blast like a million of them. So I get the most of the aggro. Even if tank is taunting.

Kurlz
11-21-2010, 02:53 PM
i got rid of taunt when they gave the free respecs a while back, had it at max and it was still usless

Arterra
11-21-2010, 03:52 PM
i got rid of taunt when they gave the free respecs a while back, had it at max and it was still usless

little bit of dodge here and there these days is good. also, at lv 50 you can pretty much put points in everything.

Kurlz
11-21-2010, 07:45 PM
i figured that between taunt and becon id rather have beckon cause its pretty much the same but with a larger range, and a pull effect to it

Arterra
11-21-2010, 07:48 PM
i figured that between taunt and becon id rather have beckon cause its pretty much the same but with a larger range, and a pull effect to it

"freaking Jedi pull"
All hail Royce

Kurlz
11-21-2010, 08:01 PM
"freaking Jedi pull"
All hail Royce

exactly...

FluffNStuff
11-22-2010, 12:57 PM
I definitely agree that the Mage should be pulling a lot of agro while she is firing off spells like crazy, but what don't understand is once they kill her, why are they still holding a grudge? When she is rezzed, shouldn't she have her agro reset?

Dr.R
11-22-2010, 01:07 PM
i think taunt helps mages =] so they wont need to suffer