PDA

View Full Version : Connection failed ... WHY???

Alias_TheMax
11-20-2010, 07:22 PM
I was playing PL some minutes ago when suddenly a screen appeared and it was written "Failed to connect to the pocket legends game servers. Please check your internet connection." I tried again and again to log in and I also tried to delete and reinstall PL but I defenitly can't log in -_- I always receive the same message: "Failed to connect to the pocket legends game servers. Please check your internet connection.".

What is the problem ??? It's surely not my wi-fi connection because I'm on the same connection right now on my PC to write you this message so it can't be a wi-fi problem !!!

When I try to "log in" everything seems to work, I touch the "log in" button, then I see the pocket legends background and it's written "connecting" then "Authenticating" then the arrow below appears with the stuff written and then the little armor guy running and then the PL background again where it's written above the screen "connecting" and it's at this moment that the message appears: "Failed to connect to the pocket legends game servers. Please check your internet connection."

Any help would be appreciated :P Thank you for reading my post.

Futumsh
11-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Have you tried rebooting your device?

At what point do you actually get the message, and what is the exact message you get?

Alias_TheMax
11-20-2010, 07:33 PM
I edited you now have all the informations

Alias_TheMax
11-20-2010, 07:34 PM
yeah, i tried to reboot my device twice... no difference -_-

Dchannel96
11-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Lol little armor guy XD

Futumsh
11-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Hrm, not sure what the issue is here - I was able to log into your account just fine, so it's either related to the net between you and the servers, or your device in some way.

Justg
11-21-2010, 12:13 AM
Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the application.

bladesword
11-21-2010, 12:18 AM
[I was able to log into your account fine]

Scarrryyy ;);)

Futumsh
11-21-2010, 12:59 AM
There appears to be a routing error between some internet providers and one of the network blocks hosting our servers, causing this to occur for a small number of people. Hopefully the problem will be corrected soon, but there's nothing we can do about it from our end.

Necrobane
11-21-2010, 01:57 AM
Yeah, happened to me too. Strangely it doesn't seem to affect my brothers 3rd gen touch (I'm using a 4th gen touch) Hope it fixes soon :/ Btw Fut, have you figured out what the ping spikes on 4th gen devices are occuring from? Cos i saw the post on 3rd gen devices, and wondered if any head way had been made on later ones. Cheers :)

Alias_TheMax
11-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Thx for all the informations!

Today I logged into my account once and like one minute after I got the same message and I still can't log into my account :-0. Kind of weird!! Every day I can log in for about 2-3 min. and after I receive the same message -_- Btw I've tried to log in on another wi-fi connection and I had the same problem. I don't know what to do :-0 !!!

Alias_TheMax
11-26-2010, 09:13 PM
ok now listen (or read :P) I tried to log into an old account (e-mail account --> maxime_piche@hotmaill.com) to see if it was a problem with my account. And YES is the answer !!! I tried to log in and it works great. After I tried again to log into my main account (e-mail account --> Alias_TheMax@hotmail.com) and it still doesn't work !!! WHY :-0

So now I have the proof that it's not a Wi-Fi connection problem !!! But what is wrong with my account ?!? Please Devs help me, I wanna play so much to this best Ipod game ever !!! (seriously I'm not saying that to have your help, it's just true :P).

P.S.: I could continue to play on my old account (maxime_piche@hotmaill.com) but I only have a Lvl 1 warrior on it -_- instead of my L50, L45 and L28 players on my main account (Alias_TheMax@hotmail.com). If it's possible could you transfer my players on my old account ??? Just tell me if it's possible please, I would appreciate a lot !!!

Futumsh
11-26-2010, 09:59 PM
That's almost certainly not the problem - as soon as your other account went to an instance on the server with the address you're having trouble with, it would be in the same state as well.

Necrobane
11-27-2010, 12:43 AM
Hope this is fixes soon, I love this game and I have been waiting for my exams to finish for me to start again, and finaly when they're over, I can't even log in :/ I realise this isn't anything to do with sts, because i have tried logging into a range of other online games on my ipod.

addiekai
11-27-2010, 01:24 PM
I managed to get in on another hotspot, so it seems it is related to the IP blocking/routing of some sort. Im back home and I can't log back in again.

Aragart
11-27-2010, 05:49 PM
i have the same issue on both my HTC Desire and iPod Touch 3rd Gen. PL doesn't work with my home WiFi anymore, but it works in my University or threw 3G/GSM network. Hope those internet providers will stop blocking it soon :(

Futumsh
11-27-2010, 08:37 PM
I believe I've tracked down the particular addresses that people are having problems with. We'll get them reassigned early next week and that should hopefully take care of this.

The root cause is that some network providers are using ip blacklists for blocking all routing, rather than just email, and a couple of the addresses we got assigned are on some of those lists.

addiekai
11-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks Futumsh. Hopefully i can get back on and play >.<

Alias_TheMax
11-27-2010, 09:23 PM
But why was it working before ??? I know it's not simple as this but could you just try to put the things about the "log-in" like before 1.5 update ('cause before everything was OK)

However, just try anything to make our connections working 'cause I'm eager to play PL soon ^^

Finally, I think it's defenitly a wi-fi problem 'cause my friend has a iPhone and I was able to log into my account and play without any problem :) but back home it still doesn't work :( !!!

Futumsh
11-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Because the servers had different addresses before 1.5.

Alias_TheMax
11-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Would it be possible to put back old addresses ??? (sorry for my lack of knowledge but I'm not so good in programing :P) Btw why having new addresses ??? What are the advantages of those ??? ('cause now I only see disadvantages =/)

MrJake
11-29-2010, 12:14 PM
This routing issue is also affecting all subnets routed through bell canada it seems.I have tried from multiple providers that connect directly to Bell AS 577 and they all can not connect to Pocket legends. This is causing useless calls to our help desks. Can you get this sorted out please. If you need details like source subnets and so on you can private message me. If we would have the destination networks it could help us in our diagnostics.

Futumsh
11-29-2010, 12:52 PM
While I can't sort out the routing issues (someone's using email ip blacklists for routing all traffic, not just email), we'll be changing the servers to use addresses which do not have these problems as soon as we can, hopefully in the next few days.

Futumsh
11-29-2010, 06:19 PM
If you've been having this problem, please try now - hopefully the new addresses don't have anyone blocking them.

addiekai
11-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Thanks Futumsh!

I'll get on it as soon as I get home :)

Been on a PL withdrawal phase since 2 weeks ago... LoL...

Alias_TheMax
11-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Now I can't even connect to patchserver -_- what the hell is going on !!! Hope PL will come out on PC soon it will surely works without connexion problem :-O !!! Plz do anything you can 'cause it's starting to make a long time that I haven't play PL ... I'm missing all of the new update and content :(.

Futumsh
11-30-2010, 06:04 PM
We've done what we can to avoid the more common routing problems - if you still have issues, and you're positive they're not with your own network, you may want to check with your network providers as to why you may not be able to connect to particular ip addresses.

These aren't set in stone forever, but as of now, things you need to be able to do to play:
resolve dns entries for auth.pocketlegends.com
establish outgoing tcp connections on ports 80, 443, and 4050-4100 to the following addresses:

Futumsh
11-30-2010, 06:06 PM
Alias_TheMax: it sounds like your provider (or someone they're routing through) may be blocking the 50.16.241.* subnet

addiekai
11-30-2010, 06:08 PM
Can you make a quick guide on this? I'm on Windows 7.

Im sure it will help the others who are experiencing the same problems.

Alias_TheMax
11-30-2010, 06:13 PM
Can you make a quick guide on this? I'm on Windows 7.

Im sure it will help the others who are experiencing the same problems.

Same thing for me (Win 7)

(Nvm my message if you're going to answer here :P)

jonboy
11-30-2010, 06:24 PM
See if you can ping those servers, get a command line up and ping some of the 50.16 ips I'd you get a reply then your getting through if you get timeout then your in trouble if command line scares you there are a few free apps for windows that can help.

Futumsh
11-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Pinging them won't be useful, as they don't accept icmp packets from external sources.

addiekai
11-30-2010, 06:35 PM
I figured as much.

Anybody know any free VPN software? LoL...

addiekai
12-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Any update on this Devs?

Necrobane
12-01-2010, 06:52 PM
It's retarded, all of a sudden i can't log into any online game on any device including my computer. Devs, could it be a firewall problem? Never had this before :(

addiekai
12-01-2010, 06:53 PM
There we go..

Another victim...

Futumsh
12-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Er, there won't be more of an update from our end - I posted the necessary information for your network providers to determine the problem, if you can get them to do so.

Necrobane
12-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Ok cheers, I realise theres nothing you can do. Getting the computer looked at today so ill show them that.

addiekai
12-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Futumsh, can you make a guide on how to apply the information you posted?

addiekai
12-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Ok, I tried downloading IPSharkk, and changed my IP to a US based one.

Still not able to connect.

Any assistance on this?