PDA

View Full Version : Story of YOUR AL life?

klayble
12-27-2013, 08:30 PM
Hey hey! Have you ever wanted to share your story of your life at Arlor? Did you overcome hardships? Was it smooth sailing? Post it here!

LordDravek
12-27-2013, 08:54 PM
I started out not knowing a single person. From level 1 to level 30 was a lonely road of hell. During one run, as I struggled to cap at 31, a player named Kuragasi invited me into party and ran a couple runs. He then asked me to join Rage of Mages. A great guild of friends and helpful players.

I then began to spend $100-500 a week on plat and enjoyed doing it. Opening locked chests can be a bad gambling habit. Sometimes I open 20 and get 4 mythics... Other times I open 600 and get 1 mythic. It's a crazy kinda fun.

I've also made it a big deal to collect and level all pets to cap (which is still my passion). I have them all, except for the Whim Brothers (coming soon). Me and Abaddon go way back to level 4... So he's my favorite.

The update to level 36 was nice. The beginning of Shuyal. Once complete, I left my Romies to pursue other guild options (kinda checking to see what people do). EOS has a lot of good help. DM is pretty descent. Purple Thunder is okay if you're into merching and killing. Pride is a good pvp guild and has a great deal of top players and good help. (A few others not mentioned) In all, I found all of these guilds have different failures for my tastes, whether it be bad leadership, crooked players, or even the hierarchy not following their own rules... So I've recently found myself back in ROM. I'm not saying they are bad guilds, rather just not for me.

For now, I'm simply playing and spending US cheddar to piss my girlfriend off. You can always tell when she's really mad, I'm working, or I'm sleeping... Because I'm offline. :-)

But that's my story. Now to find that krunchster 2...and get a few more arcanes...

- Dravemage (km3 runs forever!)

Int
12-27-2013, 09:11 PM
I was Lvl 1, became Lvl 36. The end

Visiting
12-27-2013, 09:35 PM
I was born a Noob, and I shall die a Noob.

Temarichan
12-28-2013, 12:25 AM
Well, I started out on Arcane Legends as, of course, a lost rogue in the wilderness. But I was curious about the game. I never exceeded in a game to the point where I had rare stuff. But as I progressed, I quit for about a month, then started back into the game. It was a distraction from the pain I was getting during my time at the hospital.

Then things started to get a lot more fun when Rickyzoarrayyy invited me into the guild called <Darksiders>. After a couple days, members were called to a meeting. At the time, the Darksiders Guild master was Jackyll. And Oedid was like the top officer or co-owner of the guild. He asked us if any of us wanted to be an officer. Of course, I wanted to be one. He instructed and explained how you must get voted in order to become one. Dang I worked hard to level myself. At the time, it was the level 21 cap.

I tried to be helpful to others as much as I can, I tried to learn the tricks and loopholes in order to win the game, get the best gears, learn new skills, methods. I was in love with WT4. I was the enthusiastic runner of tombs.

Then I became officer. Which was one of my best achievements in the game.

Yahoo!

drawfflerz
12-28-2013, 02:50 AM
I remembered when i was 10th lvl, somebody sell me lvl 10 villainous watch armor for 500 gold only.. i forgot his name T_T. That time the kraken island map just opened.

Anarchist
12-28-2013, 03:45 AM
Started 3 months ago b4 i started playing the game i enter the forums and read everything about Al so i was decently prepared at the begining it was a bit difficult finding money for pots but when i dropped my first locked things became smoother. I have only been in two guilds EliteItalianLegends which dissolved bcuz we were few and my current EoS.
I like EoS a lot they respec my gaming style and help a lot in farming. I am sure i am never going to move out to try other guilds or else i am kicked.

Since when i dropped my first locked i have know hunger no more i farmed locks with elixirs from shazbot and klass in 20 chars sold them bought a neat equiped caped started farming ,i was lucky, sold the stuffs i looted, sold locks and had i had enough money to start merching too.

Recently i opened 20 crates to celebrate christmas for my first time and looted a myth ring and fang (which i already had) and nearly 200 plat sooner or later i hope to stop farming too and only merch.

Energizeric
12-28-2013, 05:24 AM
Ok, I'll bite....here's the whole book on me....

Started playing last December about a couple weeks before the end of season 1, and capped a few days before the Dead City expansion. I joined a guild called Shadow Walkers which was started by friends of mine from my PL guild Dragons Lair.

I (and everyone else) spent most of Season 2 farming Elite Jarl. During Season 2, I started merching elite chests, and managed to save up enough gold to max out my gear with a Demonlord Security set along with a Charwood Rod of Assault. I spent most of the season working on achievements including the difficult Beastmaster achievement. Once I got that achievement, I was suddenly vaulted to the top 10 on the sorcerers "Top Players" leaderboard, and for season 2 I earned a banner for being on that leaderboard. Since that time I've never fallen off that leaderboard. :)

During Season 2, my former PL friends in the Shadow Walkers guild quit AL one by one and the guild died, so I left and joined Arcane Fellowship where I met many of you who I am still friends with today.

Then in Season 3 I had my big break.... about 2 weeks after the expansion I happen to be on the forum one day and noticed a post by Sam informing that the elite weapons (Kraken Skewer, Abbysal Flamberge, Slicing Flintlocks) would all receive a buff in the coming days to make them more "elite". I then noticed the post had just been made only a minute before I saw it, so I quickly signed on and proceeded to buy up all of the Flamberges and Flintlocks in the auction. Over the following 2 weeks I gradually sold them off, and overall I profited around 10m which was a lot back in season 3. I also got super lucky and my first and only time I have ever been to Elite Skull Cove, I looted a level 26 Kraken Skewer of Brutality, which to this day may be the most rare item in AL. I still have mine. :)

I spent the rest of Season 3 mostly farming Elite South Seas, and I also began to do PvP somewhat, but I was not very good and had about a 1:1 KDR at best. Near the end of the season, the GM of Arcane Fellowship decided to take a break and the guild fell apart, so I left and joined Deviant Misfits where they made me an officer after a some time. During Season 3, I managed to max out my gear again and bought a mythic helm. At the end of Season 3, I once again earned a banner for being on the "Top Players" leaderboard.

Season 4 was the season of the mythics, and having saved up around 10m gold during season 3, I began merching mythic helms, usually just one or two at a time, but the profits were big. I soon had doubled my gold, and then purchased a mythic armor to go with my mythic helm. Then we had the mythic weapons weekend, and I purchased a runic gun for 7m, which I still have. The gun suddenly gave me a big damage boost, so I started doing PvP and soon found that I was able to dominate and greatly increase my KDR. I also experimented with various PvP builds, and STS made a big improvement to the Shield skill which also greatly helped sorcerers. During season 4, I decided to leave Deviant Misfits, and I joined Vengeance, and about a week later all of the officers left Vengeance to create Judgement. During Season 4, I purchased a mythic ring and lunar pendant, and also managed to save up enough gold to purchase a Hammerjaw egg.

Midway through Season 4, STS introduced Team Death Match, and I started spending a lot of time there. I finished season 4 on 3 leaderboards and earned 3 banners: Top Players, TDM Kills, and CTF Flags. But because I bought all of those mythic items and hammerjaw, I was basically broke, down to less than 2m when season 5 began.

Then as Season 5 began, there was the bug in Undim Fields that allowed you to lure the boss without killing any mobs. As a result, Architect Quills dropped like rain, and there were soon hundreds in the auction, with the best version (level 36 brutality) dropping to as low as 50k. I knew they would correct this bug, having done the same exact thing in season 3 when Ancient Mariner Reef was similarly bugged. So I bought up dozens of quills, mostly the Brutality versions. This time apparently I was not alone in my attempt to exploit a bug fix, so after the fix, the price did not rise as others had a similar idea in mind and began flooding the auction with them. So I just waited about a month, and then eventually the price went up and I sold, netting a profit of around 5m.

Naturally like everyone else, I upgraded my mythic helm and armor, but to this day I am still using the exact same gear as last season. Instead of upgrading to a mythic staff, I have decided to save up for an arcane staff. I also need the 50m and 100m achievements, and I refuse to cheat and borrow the gold to get them. So I have spent the entire season 5 merching and farming, and saving every penny and recently just passed 20m. I still have a long way to go....

I suppose not so bad for someone who has never looted a mythic or arcane item. :)

Xbadboyx
12-31-2013, 06:49 PM
lol i need to make a book about my life story in al xD , couple of lines wont be enough to tell the story :) , i have been playing almost for 1 year 41-50 hours per week , this game has took a part in my life and i dont regret it at all.

Xbadboyx
12-31-2013, 06:52 PM
Well, I started out on Arcane Legends as, of course, a lost rogue in the wilderness. But I was curious about the game. I never exceeded in a game to the point where I had rare stuff. But as I progressed, I quit for about a month, then started back into the game. It was a distraction from the pain I was getting during my time at the hospital.

Then things started to get a lot more fun when Rickyzoarrayyy invited me into the guild called <Darksiders>. After a couple days, members were called to a meeting. At the time, the Darksiders Guild master was Jackyll. And Oedid was like the top officer or co-owner of the guild. He asked us if any of us wanted to be an officer. Of course, I wanted to be one. He instructed and explained how you must get voted in order to become one. Dang I worked hard to level myself. At the time, it was the level 21 cap.

I tried to be helpful to others as much as I can, I tried to learn the tricks and loopholes in order to win the game, get the best gears, learn new skills, methods. I was in love with WT4. I was the enthusiastic runner of tombs.

Then I became officer. Which was one of my best achievements in the game.

Yahoo!
p.s wt4 can do a serious brain dmg overtime