PDA

View Full Version : Luck

ign hugeluck
12-28-2013, 05:42 PM
So I've been farming nuris and I purchase "shamus shamrock ale" which is useless can anyone tell me when "shamus shamrock ale" works?

Caiahar
12-28-2013, 05:51 PM
It gives you 100% re roll chance I believe.

Gragorak
12-28-2013, 05:52 PM
When you are about to get a drop, the system randomizes one item for you. When you have 100% re-roll your drop will re-roll into better rarity.

Uncommon re-rolls into rare
Rare re-rolls into epic
Epic re-rolls into legendary.

If you're farming for crafting materials, shamus will have only negative effect.

for the lulz
Not all elixers do the trick all the time
for example u get varied xp from each kill when ur using a 3x elixer . Sure the 100% reroll doesnt work every drop , but it rerolls much more often than other elixers .
theres nothing much more u can do about it...other than pray, to the umm elixer gods?

ign hugeluck
Ya but I never 're roll a pink :(

Suentous PO
12-28-2013, 05:54 PM
That's a bad map to use it on unless your doing the turnstile map but that's a personal call. There are too many easily obtained pinks that are worth nothing in some nuri maps. If your going to farm there use daily blessings or cheap 2x lixirs to save plat.
Shamus could be seen to have value in maps that drop pinks worth mil, but that's up to the farmer and how easily they can or can't get plat and what they're farming for.
It's a personal call, I can get plat from free offers so I don't hesitate to spend, some of my friends can't get free offers sadly.

Gragorak
12-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Not all elixers do the trick all the time
for example u get varied xp from each kill when ur using a 3x elixer . Sure the 100% reroll doesnt work every drop , but it rerolls much more often than other elixers .
theres nothing much more u can do about it...other than pray, to the umm elixer gods?
The reason why xp per kill varies is that your xp must always be an integer. So if you're getting 1.5 xp per kill for example, you actually get 1 xp and 2 xp alternately.

100% luck means that you will re-roll every single time.

Heroelite
12-28-2013, 07:31 PM
The reason why xp per kill varies is that your xp must always be an integer. So if you're getting 1.5 xp per kill for example, you actually get 1 xp and 2 xp alternately.

100% luck means that you will re-roll every single time.
No you are getting 1.5 xp per kill. The xp bar shows a rounded value.

Extreme
12-28-2013, 07:36 PM
That map isn't any good to use that elixir as what Suentous posted.

Kingzila
12-29-2013, 02:43 PM
So I've been farming nuris and I purchase "shamus shamrock ale" which is useless can anyone tell me when "shamus shamrock ale" works?

Personally I would not use shamrock elixir instead go with 4x trasher and luck clovers.
If you have both the new 2013 & older 2012 covor ears I'd go back and forth with them between each run.

Suentous PO
12-29-2013, 04:38 PM
If you have both the new 2013 & older 2012 covor ears I'd go back and forth with them between each run.

Why waste time doing that?

Azataso
12-29-2013, 05:35 PM
I once bought the shamrock thrasher elixer and used it to level and farm....I didnt get a single pink. Never again will I buy it.

Bonthan
12-29-2013, 06:30 PM
If you consistently use thrasher you will drop more pinks than with no reroll at all. If you consistently use shamrock you will drop more pinks than if you use thrasher.

If one educates the self on item drops, what lvl crafting supplies drop, what maps are easily farmed solo, what lvls purples sell at, when to use each elixer (including classy looter), make alternate toons to accomadate for each situation, and when to farm on that 1.25 daily, then you will make your gold. We may also find that consistently making gold is not always about dropping that red helm or beastly armor.

How much do you think you could make if you knew how and when to make a specific item drop?

Purchasing an elixer and running "nuris" or even feast for that matter will not yield the best results.