PDA

View Full Version : Omg my luck has changed! :d!!!!

Pharcyde
11-21-2010, 01:15 PM
So I have had infamous bad luck since I started playing! Never ever gotten a drop worth more than 50k and I have 10,000 kills! I have been farming Vyxnaar like mad for 3 weeks. I finally got a conq vyxnaar helm! Right after that I went to keeper and first try I got a Keepers staff!!! Exited I kept on farming Keeper for 10 or so runs! Then I got a sunbless bow off of Alien lorekeeper!! Good day!!!

Arterra
11-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Sorry but I hate you. I get a good drop every like 2-3 weeks. Well, more like medium... Though I see plenty of good ones. Drop for others. Sometimes I think it seems not so random.

Gaabob
11-21-2010, 01:23 PM
>.< my luck sucks. I usually don't farm, but I did like allll day yesterday and the only thing that I got was a power armor of the rift... And I was afk dead too. Sigh- sometimes I think it hates me.

Gaabob
11-21-2010, 01:24 PM
Sorry but I hate you. I get a good drop every like 2-3 weeks. Well, more like medium... Though I see plenty of good ones. Drop for others. Sometimes I think it seems not so random.

OMG ikr! I am convinced that the drop rate isn't the same for everyone, even if it is coded to be so.

Arterra
11-21-2010, 01:30 PM
>.< my luck sucks. I usually don't farm, but I did like allll day yesterday and the only thing that I got was a power armor of the rift... And I was afk dead too. Sigh- sometimes I think it hates me.

"all you got was a power armor of rift"
I prob have to farm a whole week to get a single item of rift. And really try at that. I prob farm 2-4 hours a day minimum. Nada.

Pharcyde
11-21-2010, 01:56 PM

At least you get one every 2-3 weeks :). I have been playing for 2 months and this is 3 valuable items I have ever gotten. I saw some dude get 2 cosmos robes in a row. So his luck is way better than mine.

I believe that drops have to do with trash mobs. I noticed that once Ao3 trash mobs were best money farming, my kills jumped a good 2-3k. No pink drops between that 2-3k (because trash mobs..) so when i did bosses I might of had good potential built.

duhchi
11-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Where is a good place to farm for lvl 19 pinks? :)

Pharcyde
11-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Balefort :)

Arterra
11-21-2010, 03:47 PM
At least you get one every 2-3 weeks :). I have been playing for 2 months and this is 3 valuable items I have ever gotten. I saw some dude get 2 cosmos robes in a row. So his luck is way better than mine.

lets see... last good item i got off a drop was a scimitar of rift... but right when all prices sky-plummeted (and got scammed off it). since then i honestly dont think i have gotten a item from AO3. a while back i got a apep of isis and thoth scarab. about a month after AO2 became second rate lool. I really think my luck might actually be the same, but behind on the curve lol

Kossi
11-21-2010, 06:22 PM
I have 8k kills and my drops are:
laser wand cosmos-sold for 350k ;)
jacobs void-sold 185k
red scarab horus-sold for 101.38k (i know what you're thinking)
copperheads voodoo-sold 100k

Yup thats all

i dont care much for pve. Its all about PVP!!!

Pharcyde
11-21-2010, 06:23 PM
I don't think I have any room to be talking about bad luck anymore :x. Overlords void with you... :D I'm finally making up for 10k kills of junk pinks.

duhchi
11-21-2010, 06:42 PM
After playing for a bit more I think I let someone have an awesome deal :O I gave a friends discount for a pink legend lvl 45 thoth armor for dex. I sold it for 2k...... What is the going rate for something like that?

I was really surprised because I had two pinks drop in a row on ao1.

Gaabob
11-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Ok I admit the power armor was lucky, but then farming for 5 hours and not seeing a single good drop.... :/

I think that devs need to adjust drop rate so if you farm for 6 hours there is a high chance of getting a good drop. Not making it influenced by anything, but adjusted so that in a 1/200th chance drop rate, in about every 40 runs that item drops.

CanonicalKoi
11-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Congrats! I've seen really good drops yesterday and today. I had a Sunblessed Bow drop for me last night and a Mage friend got the Keepers Staff this morning.

Arterra
11-21-2010, 07:15 PM
I was really surprised because I had two pinks drop in a row on ao1.

i consider that almost as lucky as two AO3 drops lol!

icantgetkills
11-21-2010, 07:34 PM
i had most epic luck 2 weeks ago got wraith armour of void then overlord helm of rift straight after then 2 runs later overlord helm of rift sold 1 helm and the armour for 2m lol :P

Kossi
11-21-2010, 07:46 PM
if you think about it, farming for 6 hours in most mmos doesnt get you what you want.

for example before i quit rs, i had a friend who wanted a certian drop from a certain boss (corp)
he had been "farming" it for over 200 hours and only had recieved small, worthless drops.

but then again.....

another player got a divine after 1 kill and like 10 minutes lol...
(divine=570M in rs gp)
570M in rs gp= $600 USD)

Arterra
11-21-2010, 07:51 PM
if you think about it, farming for 6 hours in most mmos doesnt get you what you want.

for example before i quit rs, i had a friend who wanted a certian drop from a certain boss (corp)
he had been "farming" it for over 200 hours and only had recieved small, worthless drops.

but then again.....

another player got a divine after 1 kill and like 10 minutes lol...
(divine=570M in rs gp)
570M in rs gp= $600 USD)

i say it is time PL fixed that issue. drop chance should reflect effort put in IMO. casual players still have a chance, yes, probably the same chance of right now, but those hardcore get rewarded :)

Pharcyde
11-21-2010, 07:56 PM
i say it is time PL fixed that issue. drop chance should reflect effort put in IMO. casual players still have a chance, yes, probably the same chance of right now, but those hardcore get rewarded :)

They really really need to fix this. Because like a month ago, I had farmed Vyxnaar relentlessly. (Enough that I have 60+ sceenshots of unique vyxnaar moments). Then this random lvl 24 joins the game, tags along as says "whats here?" seconds later, i killed vyxnaar. He gets conqs vyx helm.. I almost stangled him :).

Halfstar
11-21-2010, 10:49 PM
I have 8k kills and my drops are:
laser wand cosmos-sold for 350k ;)
jacobs void-sold 185k
red scarab horus-sold for 101.38k (i know what you're thinking)
copperheads voodoo-sold 100k

Yup thats all

i dont care much for pve. Its all about PVP!!!
lol horus bow 101 k

Arterra
11-21-2010, 10:59 PM
They really really need to fix this. Because like a month ago, I had farmed Vyxnaar relentlessly. (Enough that I have 60+ sceenshots of unique vyxnaar moments). Then this random lvl 24 joins the game, tags along as says "whats here?" seconds later, i killed vyxnaar. He gets conqs vyx helm.. I almost stangled him :).

I really hate that yes... How dothe lower level players always get the drops??

Riccits
11-22-2010, 10:37 AM

reallly??

i get every 2nd a loot in average... got a lots of helmeds void, cosmos, got an MB, laser wand, a Power Rift and a Power Wing too..

but best u can do is farm with a friend and split the loots... so u have a higher chance to get something...

Arterra
11-22-2010, 12:29 PM
reallly??

i get every 2nd a loot in average... got a lots of helmeds void, cosmos, got an MB, laser wand, a Power Rift and a Power Wing too..

but best u can do is farm with a friend and split the loots... so u have a higher chance to get something...

meh im ruthlessly against the sharing of items :/ if it drops for you, it is bound to you no matter what IMO
ps im half hoarder T.T

juhnken773
11-22-2010, 12:37 PM
It gets really frustrating when someone that jss comes in at the end of the run gets a wraith armor.

Best item I ever got was a mega blaster from mynas. And I traded that for a gurgox hammer when it was "good".

Lesrider
11-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Mega blaster from mynas? Really?

CanonicalKoi
11-22-2010, 01:29 PM
meh im ruthlessly against the sharing of items :/ if it drops for you, it is bound to you no matter what IMO
ps im half hoarder T.T

Now, now. Hoarding will get you nowhere! Well, wealthy, maybe, if you start to sell stuff, but... ;) In the last three days I've gotten (and given away, so no asking anybody!): a Void wing, a Sunblessed bow, the fishbowl Mage helmet and a Screaming shield. The group I run with gives items to whoever can use them. It's nice! And it keeps things friendly--nobody whines because they didn't get a good drop this time. If it's something they can use, they'll get it anyway.

See? Good karma--give stiff away and you keep getting stuff. Lol!

Dr.R
11-22-2010, 01:30 PM
i got cosmos robe when fragron nearly bought one, then the very next day i got a power armor when i wanted to buy one!

Lesrider
11-23-2010, 08:17 AM
ps im half hoarder T.T

No wonder you never have any money lol. Gotta sell things!

Arterra
11-23-2010, 08:28 AM
No wonder you never have any money lol. Gotta sell things!

Nothing to sell. I'm telling you, I'm trying to sell a Sunblessed bow, but since prices dropped dramatically I can't get wanted price. Not sure if can even sell for 200k.
Got a Jacob cosmos, only good thing coming for Arterra.
I do have a rift kite and cutter, but will soon be used.

DDOUBLED
01-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Where on the Alterran Planet can u even find vyxnaar!?:mad:

Snakespeare
01-04-2011, 05:43 PM
for level 19 pinks use the hidden grate in balefort.

clear to the back room, then go back to the center, then the back then the center over and over.

not only zyla drops pinks, her trolls do, too. i saw one drop a dreamer's darkbolt!!!

Pharcyde
01-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Heheh revive of the luck :) Expecting a high value drop now...

Ladylove
01-04-2011, 06:46 PM
When Ao3 first started I was doing some runs and we went to King Mynas on the victory lap. I got a screaming skull shield... Directly after that we did the same run... and I got another!. Not too much later (probably 20 minutes), the King dropped me a laser talon of the void. That's the best luck I've ever had farming.

Pharcyde
01-04-2011, 07:00 PM
When Ao3 first started I was doing some runs and we went to King Mynas on the victory lap. I got a screaming skull shield... Directly after that we did the same run... and I got another!. Not too much later (probably 20 minutes), the King dropped me a laser talon of the void. That's the best luck I've ever had farming.

Very nice :D.

I had some luck a few weeks ago off of some poor peoples bad luck. I purchased a wraith armor for 35k (assuming he meant to list it at 350k). Then right smack after that I went to power armor of the rift, bought a rift for 40k!!!

Ladylove
01-04-2011, 07:02 PM

I had some luck a few weeks ago off of some poor peoples bad luck. I purchased a wraith armor for 35k (assuming he meant to list it at 350k). Then right smack after that I went to power armor of the rift, bought a rift for 40k!!!

Lol it's like scamming, but not

KingFu
01-04-2011, 07:10 PM

Same guy?:p

Cormz
01-04-2011, 07:25 PM
i have probaly about 5k kills in ao3 and no good drops

Pharcyde
01-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Same guy?:p

Nope :P Never heard of either of them.

I woulda asked if they wanted it back if...
1.) I knew them
2.) I actually saw their names... I was soo frantic in trying to buy before someone else did to see a name :p.

Lol it's like scamming, but not

I'm the ulitmate scammer... They do all the work for me! :D

Fyrce
01-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Hoarders FTW! It's sooo hard to sell the LAST one! So I don't gots no monies either! Besides doesn't everyone carry 10+ weapons per character to test out? :)

Ladylove
01-04-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm the ulitmate scammer... They do all the work for me! :D

Ikr. They walked right into your clutch

Zeus
01-04-2011, 11:20 PM
I used to be a big merchant :). Anybody who knew me back in A02 knows that, but I have stopped and became more generous. I believe I only did that because at the time the ONLY good pinks I ever got was a Zuraz Shock Lance (When they were worth 800k to 1 mil, after 200 farm runs I got it), Isis dex helm, and Isis dex leather as well as a Osiris dagger.

SgtOVERKILL
01-04-2011, 11:31 PM
In two days I got Cosmo and power armor after that nothing since. My best drops since I started was those and one Zuraz shock lance.

Timmeee
01-05-2011, 12:52 AM
the only rare drop ive gotten was a overlord rift helm. been playing for months.

bladesword
01-05-2011, 03:37 AM
Sorry i hate you. I never gotten a drop except sunblessed bow, sunblessed scim, and sunblessed skim, and some crap pinks since ao3 came out. lol

Riccits
01-05-2011, 03:44 AM
last days got 2 wraiths and 1 OL rift and 1 frog wand... but yesterday i got nothing :( :( :(

Bugley
01-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Pharcyde where do u get vyxnaar helms from?

Pharcyde
01-06-2011, 08:55 PM
^^^ from The Forbidden Crypts

Pharcyde
01-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Heheh revive of the luck :) Expecting a high value drop now...

CALLED IT!
Got this today..

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/brandonb3/5e6be96f.jpg

Unleash
01-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Uhh, sometimes I wish the class item should go to the right class.. About 7th time Sunblessed sword of the Rift has dropped and went to the mage x.x

Gaddy
01-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Never gotten a premium pink drop...

15,000 kills, 108/111 quests...

Pharcyde
01-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Never gotten a premium pink drop...

15,000 kills, 108/111 quests...

Farming
Your doing it wrong

Tour
01-08-2011, 01:27 AM
I always thought my luck was pretty bad considering the volume of work i've put in but listening to the replies on this thread have made me re-evaluate. I feel like i've been lucky, but i also feel like i've busted my bullocks and put forth an effort worthy of compensation.

I've started Pocket Legends the beginning of December, i've got well over 20,000 Kills. This is what I've personally gotten.

Bird Gear:
x2 Mega Blasters of the Void
x1 Wraith Armor of the Void
x2 Force Wing of the Void
x1 Overlord Helm of the Void

Enchantress Gear:
x1 Mirage Robe of the Cosmos
x2 Mirage Staff of the Cosmos
x1 Gurgox Eye of the Cosmos
x1 Laser Wand of the Cosmos
x1 Jacob Helm of the Cosmos

Bear Gear:
x2 Power Armor of the Rift
x2 Overlord Helm of the Rift
x1 Force Kite Shield of the Rift
x2 Screaming Skull Shield of the Rift
x1 Sunblessed Scimitar of the Rift
x1 Gurgox Hammer of the Rift

I play quite regularly with a RL friend and any doubles i've gotten i have just given to him. IMO, this goes to show that if you work hard enough, good things will follow.

Ritualist
01-08-2011, 07:22 AM
I gotta say luck is really divided on my characters. With my mage I'm able to get a daily 50k+ drop with no problem but my bird just sucks. I can farm up to 4 hours in VLaps without getting a single crappy purple.

That said my mage was able to get me about 2.5mil after 10000kills (+ lucky pot sucks)

Riccits
01-08-2011, 08:22 AM
yesterday some dude sold a vyx for 60k.... bought it ;)