PDA

View Full Version : Best stunner

RedDogy
12-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Best stunner for Pvp and Pve Sorcerer, and best pet overall?

Deadprezz
12-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Orion definetely wins the ''Best Stunner for a PvP Sorcerer'' Title.

He always stuns for me & he's an affordable pet, anyone can get it.

Clyde & Slag are also pretty good!

RedDogy
12-30-2013, 02:30 PM
And does he have to be the same Lvl to stun?

Konviict
12-30-2013, 02:47 PM
george always stuns, but the stats ... zzz

Deadprezz
12-30-2013, 03:27 PM
And does he have to be the same Lvl to stun?
Mine is lvl36, i don't know if the lvl matters at all...

Primeblades
01-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Does Orion's arcane ability stun or his regular attack?

Sky_is_epicgearz
01-08-2014, 09:52 AM
Does Orion's arcane ability stun or his regular attack?

arcane ability:)
plus the weilder of this powerful pet recieves 10% damage if within the radius of the abilty
and the victim recieves a crushing armour and hit chance debuff.
damage report: mind blowingly insane damage to all vistims within the radius of the pets ability while having having the posibility to be deprived of movement and attacking for the duration of the effect.

Erdnase
01-08-2014, 11:22 AM
If im not mistaken its kelvin (if not, its another wolf, but not orion) that has a 100% stun chance like george.

Eski
01-08-2014, 11:31 AM
My twink is usin crwaly,pretty good stun...

Primeblades
01-08-2014, 12:32 PM
arcane ability:)
plus the weilder of this powerful pet recieves 10% damage if within the radius of the abilty
and the victim recieves a crushing armour and hit chance debuff.
damage report: mind blowingly insane damage to all vistims within the radius of the pets ability while having having the posibility to be deprived of movement and attacking for the duration of the effect.

Hold up are you saying Orion's arcane ability stuns? Never in my life have I ever seen him stun! Thanks for this insight but for me to believe I gotta go equip him and see for myself :)

Erdnase
01-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Hold up are you saying Orion's arcane ability stuns? Never in my life have I ever seen him stun! Thanks for this insight but for me to believe I gotta go equip him and see for myself :)

Hes right, he does stun. :) Its only a chance tho, i dont find it too often.

Sky_is_epicgearz
01-08-2014, 01:38 PM

Is this a challenge to my claim? We shall thus settle this debate in mortal combat according to the rules of chivalry! I shall show you the way of a true knight and defend the honour of all mages in Arlor! I proclaim Orion at level 36 to be a ferocious monster and does not deserve the rarity of legendary! But thus mythic!
In all my years of combat I have harvested many a brave soul, they have all stared death in the face as I shoot the shot to decide the fate that awaits them from my gun! I have been called many names but by far the 'stunlock reaper' has been my most revered name, and it shall be pronounced throughout the entirety of Arlor!!!!
You too will witness the might of Orion! I will reign down crushing blows that will break even the toughest warriors and inflict great sorrow upon the battlefield! Even the battlefield cannot withstand the rage of Orion!
THE POWER OF STUNLOCK WILL DEFEAT ALL!
*evil laugh*

P.s. If thou has not witnessed Orion's ferocious stun then may the gods of Arlor save you when this terrible monstrosity finds you! Orion shall hold you thus in its claws of death and pray he take pity on your soul! For I have tamed this mighty beast and live to tell the tale to those that inquire of his might!
You have been warned!

ALL HAIL THE POWER OF ORION!

Saribeau
01-08-2014, 02:12 PM
eh no. orion sucks. use sam and win. use whim and pull, stun, fb, gale, win.

Sky_is_epicgearz
01-08-2014, 02:30 PM

Oh ye of little knowledge!
You dare compare Orion's wrath to that of an arcane rarity? All of Arlor has witnessed the power of the arcane pets as you have foretold in the comment thou has quoted. But to declare that Orion so rightly 'sucks' is an insult to the mighty power of Orion! It takes more than just skill to tame Orion and unlock the secret of his power! But once accomplished you will realise that when used to its full potential Orion's power is like no other! All foes will undeniably feel his presence radiating from you and heed to this warning.
Those mortals that wield the power of whim, sameal, hammerjaw, glacian shall soon be crushed. They will face Orion's fury and know of his overwhelming power!
Think of Orion as the underdog if you may.. But know this, Orion will find you and when he does pray the gods of Arlor save you.

Solid
01-08-2014, 05:15 PM

Samael>Whim

UndeadJudge
01-13-2014, 06:55 PM
You dare compare Orion's wrath to that of an arcane rarity? All of Arlor has witnessed the power of the arcane pets as you have foretold in the comment thou has quoted. But to declare that Orion so rightly 'sucks' is an insult to the mighty power of Orion! It takes more than just skill to tame Orion and unlock the secret of his power! But once accomplished you will realise that when used to its full potential Orion's power is like no other! All foes will undeniably feel his presence radiating from you and heed to this warning.
Those mortals that wield the power of whim, sameal, hammerjaw, glacian shall soon be crushed. They will face Orion's fury and know of his overwhelming power!
Think of Orion as the underdog if you may.. But know this, Orion will find you and when he does pray the gods of Arlor save you.

I have orion and still think it's bad. Colton's better.

Uikuha
01-13-2014, 09:20 PM
My twink is usin crwaly,pretty good stun...

Crawly's stun doesn't perfect, Warrior can charge HOR and make a shield

and Kelvin is 100% stun ^_^

xclator
01-14-2014, 04:24 AM
for me Kelvin is the best, Kelvin have fast regen.

Saribeau
01-14-2014, 11:02 AM
i use orion on my mage at all times. just because i cant afford sam. but if u had sam dont say that crap about taking orion over sam. orion increases dmg with his AA but sam is all the time. sam can panic with both passive and AA. and @ctf whim is much worse, but he pulls and stuns so u can do fb and an area attack like gale and if u have whim u have higher dmg along with whims lowering armor so u will most likely kill a rogue or mage unshielded.

Saribeau
01-14-2014, 11:05 AM

i just read the part arcane users will be crushed. if u 1v1 someone with same gear skill build and same strategy and hes using sam and ur using orion. he will most likely win.

kingsmen
01-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Lol, you're taking it all literally.. I think sky has a good poetry. :adoration:

n19one
01-19-2014, 10:35 AM
i use orion on my mage at all times. just because i cant afford sam. but if u had sam dont say that crap about taking orion over sam. orion increases dmg with his AA but sam is all the time. sam can panic with both passive and AA. and @ctf whim is much worse, but he pulls and stuns so u can do fb and an area attack like gale and if u have whim u have higher dmg along with whims lowering armor so u will most likely kill a rogue or mage unshielded.
whim'a AA in ctf give not only pull n lowered enemies armor but also STUN?? Never heard this before.. but if this true. then whim is a wow pet..

n19one
01-19-2014, 10:38 AM
Samael>Whim

in PVE whim is bestest... whim > sam. the speed boost & damage is awesome. i hav compared them both and my record is with whim.

moneybagz
01-27-2014, 10:46 AM

To bad whim doesn't stun tho ...

Solid
01-28-2014, 03:30 PM
in PVE whim is bestest... whim > sam. the speed boost & damage is awesome. i hav compared them both and my record is with whim.

Samael banishes 1 in 10 mobs, the DMG boost is insignificant if you banish 2 mobs in a group of 20. Say one elite mob had 2k health, your Sam just did 4k DMG.

I guess the speed boost is OK....... Kettle has a a DMG boost and speed boost and is 50k.

Zeus
01-29-2014, 01:08 PM
Samael banishes 1 in 10 mobs, the DMG boost is insignificant if you banish 2 mobs in a group of 20. Say one elite mob had 2k health, your Sam just did 4k DMG.

I guess the speed boost is OK....... Kettle has a a DMG boost and speed boost and is 50k.

You're not looking at it globally.

First of all, whim's arcane ability reduces mobs armor 10-15%. So, now your entire party is hitting 10% armor, which is better than a banish.

Secondly, whims have an armor reducing & high damage/fast damage passive that includes poison. Note that this attack is AOE. It's almost like Samael's poison attack but it always does consistently high damage and if stacks. So, applied properly with the arcane, your party can hit 20-30% harder due to double armor reducers (& yes, they stack).

drgrimmy
01-29-2014, 02:43 PM
It is important to differentiate stun pets (colton, kelvin, george, etc) from panic pets (slag, clyde, orion, sam) from other (crawly). True stun pets (colton, kelvin, george, etc) can be good in pve when you want to reliably stun a boss in their windup of skills, but are less useful in pvp due to stun immunity, and the inability to follow the stun of a fireball, a charged arrow, etc.

For pvp I would go for a panic pet. Of course, sam is probably the best, but most of us mere mortals can't all afford him. I think slag is probably the next best. I like the added speed boost he provides being a sorcerer. Clyde is also very good, but plat exclusive. Orion has a nice party buff and nice debuffs, but I feel his panic is much less reliable and just an occasional bonus (unless they buffed it recently). I have not used crawly in pvp so I cannot comment, but I am a little confused about the conflicting comments by people on the forums on the ability or lack of ability of those in the web to attack while affected. I would otherwise consider him more of a movement impairing pet similar to ethyl (also great in pvp but not a stun/panic pet)