PDA

View Full Version : gear-bias -.-

Arterra
11-21-2010, 03:58 PM
lol here we go. I have just started noticing the new trend in alienation: gear rating.

so there is my mage, ambling along in half-a$$ gear nuking away. I am asked:
/"Art put on good gear"
/this is my good gear
/ ? wtf i though u wur pro...
/ :/

luck with drops is not 'pro'. and yes, that is the third time i have revved you, u get 'pro'

</vent>

my answer to this is that if a player finds himself with bad gear, he/she will physically improve to make up for it.

jonboy
11-21-2010, 04:01 PM
WTF, first person to do that to me is going to get a long badly misspelled rant, about being a total nub.

FluffNStuff
11-21-2010, 04:09 PM
My mage has serious self esteem issues right now wearing the metallic tattered cloth of fate, despite the fact that it is just a no name knock off of the Cosmos Flowing Gown of Style.

Lesrider
11-21-2010, 04:26 PM
I started a game yesterday, invited a few people. One of those people didn't have the best gear, and everyone kept pming me to boot. I said no.
True, some people will weaken the group if they're not fully equipped. But not everyone. When someone proves they suck, then I just don't invite them back ;)

regie831
11-21-2010, 04:41 PM
sigh...i find it very amusing. before i get booted because of my lvl, lvl43 and the rest of them were 45's, and now people thinks you're not "pro" because you're not wearing those rare cosmos,rifts, and void?

Arterra
11-21-2010, 04:44 PM
I was almost-exactly quoting from in-game. i was asked to put on gear, then 'pro' status was put in question lol

i do have a jacob helm of cosmos, but it is always hidden under my antennae. and if i use a darkmatter of thoth, well i find it has weakness proc getting close to rivaling the -hit% of the sunblessed bow. that and i got it for 5k lol
i use an alien staff for aoe (when we dont have a keeper-staff-mage) and put up wand and fiendish doll for Overlord only. ps the doll i find better than the bracers. good thing actually.

jonboy
11-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Just strange, I have had someone question my witches hat, with "what no helm nub" I replied its a rare pink from Mini Bosses, he's then like "dude sell to me!!!". I wonder if they figured it out yet.

@Fluff, I too feel the shame of the drabby metallic robe, despite it being almost as good as the cosmos robe of snobbery.

Arterra
11-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Just strange, I have had someone question my witches hat, with "what no helm nub" I replied its a rare pink from Mini Bosses, he's then like "dude sell to me!!!". I wonder if they figured it out yet.

you had a witch hat drop from that headmistress?? crazy lol.

also... that is quite a nub. looks like it's some guy that left right before they made it so that both hats can go on together, and came back recently.

Lesrider
11-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Lol I didn't like people asking me where my armor is when wearing a metallic robe, so I bought a cosmos despite it not being much better. I felt too much like a pauper in that metallic robe ;) nothing's getting me out of my cosmos now.

Arterra
11-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Lol I didn't like people asking me where my armor is when wearing a metallic robe, so I bought a cosmos despite it not being much better. I felt too much like a pauper in that metallic robe ;) nothing's getting me out of my cosmos now.

lol yea metalic is fail color. make it silver, or grey...

Pharcyde
11-21-2010, 05:29 PM
I had Droid Antennae's on. Some lvl 30 with Ursan.... trash? items on messaged me *No helm? Your level 50 nub get a helm!*.

:P Sooo my Droid ears make me a noob?

jonboy
11-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Lol try wearing it while swinging a keepers staff, your like the hobo crack head driving down the road in a merc.

Arterra
11-21-2010, 05:32 PM
i took off my antennae just for that guy, so he could see i at least had a cosmo helm. hated him for it >.<

KingFu
11-21-2010, 05:50 PM
With all the merchating, people think everyone else has enough gold to buy themselves anything they want, loot doesn't mae you a pro, in PvP a lot of people blame it all on their gear, when it's themselves that's the problem.

jonboy
11-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Lol everyones poor, I have enuff to take advantage of something I can later resell for profit but that is it, the keepers staff ate most of my funds.

Arterra
11-22-2010, 09:44 AM
i hate how when im close to selling my sunb bow the prices fall to 170k again... i should have sold when 350k lol -.-

MoarPewPew
11-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Wearing some 45 gear because of the stats are better than the level 50 common pinks.

:)

supremo502
11-22-2010, 09:56 AM
just like in WoW eh???

LFM ICC-10 NORMAL, 6k GS min pst.. Lolz

Arterra
11-22-2010, 09:59 AM
right... indeed.
wowspeaker go home lulz i feel envious... my free month ran out and just didnt bother.

MoarPewPew
11-22-2010, 10:04 AM
just like in WoW eh???

LFM ICC-10 NORMAL, 6k GS min pst.. Lolz

Sorry my Gs when I quit in the spring was ~5860
I was top 10 (pally) tank in my realm. Its not gear score , it's now skillscore :(

But on topic, they will rebalance agian. ( I hope)

Arterra
11-22-2010, 10:06 AM
But on topic, they will rebalance agian. ( I hope)

ive lost track. WoW or PL will rebalance?

MoarPewPew
11-22-2010, 10:18 AM
ive lost track. WoW or PL will rebalance?

Pocket Legends.

That way we get new skills! :)

Derajdefyre
11-22-2010, 10:21 AM
I have a really cool looking orange croc's axe. Someone offered me a pink weapon to trade for it thinking that because it looked so cool it must be awesome. He was disappointed, and then I was disappointed because I thought I was about to get a huge upgrade.

MoarPewPew
11-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Looks aren't everything :)

CanonicalKoi
11-22-2010, 10:39 AM
And even if you have so-called "pro" equipment, but choose not to use it because something else works better with a particular boss, they look at you like your head's on backwards. Geez, I thought knowing what to use when and using whatever you've got well made you a pro, not just having the most to spend at the consignment shop.

And Arterra? You've got a lot more restraint than I do. ;)

Arterra
11-22-2010, 12:27 PM
And even if you have so-called "pro" equipment, but choose not to use it because something else works better with a particular boss, they look at you like your head's on backwards. Geez, I thought knowing what to use when and using whatever you've got well made you a pro, not just having the most to spend at the consignment shop.

And Arterra? You've got a lot more restraint than I do. ;)

lol thx. i swear out loud, but dont let it get into the game... prob still not a good thing...

well it got to me. my mage, i lover her, but as soon as that bird is wearing my accumulated rift gear (managed to scrape some money and find some deals) i have to say Arterra will phase out...

CanonicalKoi
11-22-2010, 01:09 PM
The birdies, they are fun for sure. Still trying to convince myself to level my tank from 48, but the bird's taking all my time. Too fun, sigh.

bladesword
11-22-2010, 09:55 PM
I dun wear good gear; they think im a mynas gen.
Im like stfu ao3 noob gen -.-

Gaabob
11-22-2010, 10:29 PM
I got real lucky with the money boost, farmed a whole ton of money (maybe 500kish) before the nerf. Also a friend with alot of money helped me, and I just pay him back as I go along. He got me 3 rift gears to complete the set... so awesome! Kinda 150k in the hole with him right now though... and I am hoping to get the rest of the gear to dualspec my mage