PDA

View Full Version : Pvp weapon proc questions?

Wutzgood
12-30-2013, 05:53 PM
I recently made a twink Mage for pvp flag running and was trying to decide on a weapon. 2 of them didn't have proc descriptions (blizzard of brutality and watchmans staff of assault) and I was wondering if anyone knew what they were.

Also I have a cold scope gun that freezes on proc but I don't think freeze works in pvp. Does it do anything there?

Anarchist
12-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Also I have a cold scope gun that freezes on proc but I don't think freeze works in pvp. Does it do anything there?

I am not sure 100% that it doesn't freeze, But i am sure
100% i have never freezed with it in PvP

Wutzgood
12-30-2013, 06:49 PM
I am not sure 100% that it doesn't freeze, But i am sure
100% i have never freezed with it in PvP

Thanks for the info. I figured that. Now just to find what procs the other 2 weapons do.

Samdegreat
12-30-2013, 07:03 PM
If these weapons aren't legendary , mythic or arcane then they won't have a proc :)

Haligali
12-30-2013, 07:10 PM
If these weapons aren't legendary , mythic or arcane then they won't have a proc :)

These are legendary weapons without proc description, same as wyrmbone staffs. Its an old bug and the weapons are outdated.

Wutzgood
12-30-2013, 07:18 PM

They are all legendary. Wyrmbone staff doesn't have a proc description either but I've found out what it was from dr grimmy.

drgrimmy
12-30-2013, 08:38 PM
The charged whatchman staff makes little clouds over the enemy, the same animation as you see with curse. It is not curse but some other type of debuff. It occurs with every charged attack.

After some limited testing I have not found a proc on the blizzard staff. It does occasionally stun on charged attack like alot of staffs.

This is based on limited pve testing as in do not dare to take them out for significant testing in pvp :p

Wutzgood
12-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Thanks grimmy. For level 21 what weapon would be good for a bulky flag runner

Crowsfoot
12-31-2013, 12:26 AM
The charged whatchman staff makes little clouds over the enemy, the same animation as you see with curse. It is not curse but some other type of debuff. It occurs with every charged attack.

After some limited testing I have not found a proc on the blizzard staff. It does occasionally stun on charged attack like alot of staffs.

This is based on limited pve testing as in do not dare to take them out for significant testing in pvp :p
Watchman's staff is -15% armor. The description used to be there but has apparently disappeared.

I haven't played mage in awhile so don't hold me to that, I may be remembering a different weapon. The watchman's staff looks (sort of) like an AC/DC staff right?

Wutzgood
12-31-2013, 12:53 AM
Watchman's staff is -15% armor. The description used to be there but has apparently disappeared.

I haven't played mage in awhile so don't hold me to that, I may be remembering a different weapon. The watchman's staff looks (sort of) like an AC/DC staff right?

Kind of. Has electricity with a ring in top. Thanks

Redheadwendy
12-31-2013, 02:36 AM

I believe he's mistaken the watch mans staff with captain staff. Captains staff has a chance to cause the enemies -50% hit chance. This is a great staff for pvp, i have one for my level ten mage.

Desperoto
12-31-2013, 10:34 AM
Every legendary mage weapon has a proc noob ;)

Samdegreat
12-31-2013, 10:37 AM
Every legendary mage weapon has a proc noob ;)

Well if you read my comment properly then u would of realised I said if they are not legendary, mythic or arcane they don't have a proc

SIMPLE WORDS FOR YOU- ONLY legendary,mythic,arcane items have a proc where epic,rare,common items do not

Desperoto
12-31-2013, 10:52 AM
Well if you read my comment properly then u would of realised I said if they are not legendary, mythic or arcane they don't have a proc

SIMPLE WORDS FOR YOU- ONLY legendary,mythic,arcane items have a proc where epic,rare,common items do not
1v1 me i pown u naked newb xd

Samdegreat
12-31-2013, 11:06 AM
Naked? U want to try? Haha

Haligali
12-31-2013, 11:11 AM
Thanks grimmy. For level 21 what weapon would be good for a bulky flag runner

Im not grimmy, but i think you should use one of the old guns with push proc (oracle, watch rifle) it may useful if warrior chase you.

drgrimmy
12-31-2013, 11:49 AM
I believe he's mistaken the watch mans staff with captain staff. Captains staff has a chance to cause the enemies -50% hit chance. This is a great staff for pvp, i have one for my level ten mage.

Here is the weapon...

Here is the proc on charged attack. Happens every time...

Wutzgood
12-31-2013, 01:44 PM
Ok thanks everyone for the info. I Have my level 20 gold demonlord armor for him and ill try out a few of the guns to see what works best. Its gonna most likely be the watch rifle or the sniper rifle with its stun proc.