PDA

View Full Version : l17 Mage

MysticLegend97
12-30-2013, 08:53 PM
Any Tips for Gear and Build Would Be Greatly Appreciated Please and Thank You.

Afbeast
12-30-2013, 10:04 PM
I don't play on my 17 often but i can help a little.

A skill build that i like is: 4 frost (so u can keep kiting easily, because fire cooldown is 5sec and 4 frost freezes for 5 seconds so that way u can keep them frozen then use fire ice again). 1 light 5 heal 5 fire (gives max range for kiting) 1 drain. With this build u will have to know the 12m range very well.

Stats: Use 35 int rest dex. Also get the lvl 10 4 piece mage platpack if u can afford and make a loudout for that so u can the have extra regen. If u cant afford then just go full dex.

Gear: Ur gonna have to try to get ur hit% 100 or above. Use the level 10 archer 4 piece plat pack stuff and get an autobow to kite bears. For against mages i would use the lvl 10 archer 4 piece platpack stuff and change the talon to a level 10 paw.

Combo against bears: fire-ice-heal, use drain when ur low and when u don't have enough time to wait for heal to cool down. Then use lightning if u accidentally mess up and they get in 8m range. Always keep them 10m or farther away from u. U shouldn't even need to use lightning if u know ur range well.

Combo against mages: If i remember correctly ur gonna want to use ice-fire-lightning-drain-heal. I would only kite other mages when u need to go back and heal during the fight. If anyone knows better strategies to face mages at L17 then please comment. Because I pvped at 17 before forgotten and i don't remember all of it.

Combo against birds: As far as i know birds rarely do this lvl pvp nowadays (correct me if im wrong). If u see a bird my best advice is to just nuke. and try to not to heal after they thorn u, because then they will just nuke u since u wasted ur heal lol.

I know some of u are probably thinking 1 drain is dumb, but i dont find it necessary at all at this lvl unless ur low on hp.

If u get teamed and there is no one else to help u then just leave because mages kill slow at this lvl so there is pretty much nothing u can do.

That's all the advice i have for u atm, So i hope i helped!

1 more thing, Idk how to play against rhinos or foxes at 17 since i pvped before forgotten. I also doubt that there are any that are good at this lvl.

MysticLegend97
12-30-2013, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the advice. I was thinking 52 int 37 dex though, for alchemist and dex ring

Afbeast
12-30-2013, 10:10 PM
Oh ya, i forgot about the alchemist sorry. Use a damage ring and alchemist.

MysticLegend97
12-30-2013, 10:35 PM
DMG/crit? Or what

Afbeast
12-30-2013, 10:47 PM
DMG/crit? Or what

Use dmg/hit if u don't have 100 or plus hit.
Use dmg/crit if u do have 100 or plus hit.

MysticLegend97
12-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Same skill build? And what shield/helm?

SayCreed
12-31-2013, 07:47 AM
Gear
Alchem/Expert [Your choice]
Paw (Pink)
L10 plat pack helm (Archer 4 pack)
Crit ring 10 plat one

MysticLegend97
12-31-2013, 09:14 AM