PDA

View Full Version : Towne designs

Arterra
11-21-2010, 05:05 PM
So this new version of the ice town seems to be... worse. The idea of tunnels and passages seemed awesome compared to a redo of previous styles: open area with vendors around the edge, portal and maybe main quest npc in middle.

balefort seems to be popular, but i think more than just for the CS. if i want to hang out, i go there now instead of FH since it is a change from the same old open area with npcs hovering around... we just need something new

idea for a town... little islands, with shacks, bridges between each. can work for either AO or swamps IMO. (if the town is actually in the oasis as opposed to the desert.)

jonboy
11-21-2010, 05:11 PM
With a juice bar we can all chill at.

Arterra
11-21-2010, 05:12 PM
true that. designated chill zone would be epic lol, need to find it a in-game use...

Lesrider
11-21-2010, 05:17 PM
No-spam zones? ;)

Arterra
11-21-2010, 05:17 PM
true that. designated chill zone would be epic lol, need to find it a in-game use...

use = minigame bar, sort of like a karaoke bar lool. one day I can imagine...
-maze-races (periodic yellow orbs and green djins, randomized shortcuts and dead ends)
-survival (how many maps can you clear? unlimited and timed mode, and mobs get harder, even to the point of individually boss-like. hey, it is survival)
-etc lol

Lesrider
11-21-2010, 05:20 PM
I was thinking a while back about a maze map. One that scrambles each time and the map pointers don't work -- have to find your way out the old fashioned way. Could even have a Minotaur in the middle with epic loot ;)
And for those who just can't find their way through, just leave and try again another time.
I think it would be interesting, since people can't just memorize the map and race through it. Different kind if challenge.

jonboy
11-21-2010, 05:25 PM
A bar with a free pvp areana so we can relax with our drinks after a hard days campaign, and watch the pvpers punch it out.

With the chance of a random boss spawn that beats the snot out of everyone.

Arterra
11-21-2010, 05:27 PM
A bar with a free pvp areana so we can relax with our drinks after a hard days campaign, and watch the pvpers punch it out.

With the chance of a random boss spawn that beats the snot out of everyone.

gave me idea for another suggestion, thx.

icantgetkills
11-21-2010, 07:41 PM
i want alien oasis to be a HUGE LIKE I MEAN GIANT town since its ao1-2-3 a giant city that would be so epic on so many levels and supports 50 not 25 that would be the best IMO

Inching
11-21-2010, 07:46 PM
slap a lvl cap on this town :)

Kossi
11-21-2010, 07:47 PM
arterra, wanna break out the whiteboard app and start designin?

(me too:))

Conradin
11-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Ima draw up dat mini-bar. Maybe a towne design, if I have sone free time

Arterra
11-21-2010, 07:52 PM
i want alien oasis to be a HUGE LIKE I MEAN GIANT town since its ao1-2-3 a giant city that would be so epic on so many levels and supports 50 not 25 that would be the best IMO

and yet intricate, not just some open field... copy paste much?

arterra, wanna break out the whiteboard app and start designin?

(me too:))

imma go do some google drawing...

Kossi
11-21-2010, 07:56 PM
these towns have to be good, maybe ill redisign the other townes...
(sorry STS but i would never call the "new and improved" lost expidition city a town.)
after all, its a hall, a big room and a little room...seems like a cave to me.

i want it to be like 5 shops and about 15 rooms (for each town) with minigames and challenges in this!

Arterra
11-21-2010, 08:05 PM
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/aoTOWN.jpg

the entrance to AO3 is a portal of course. i remember the portal in the first map, it gives it a use.

icantgetkills
11-21-2010, 08:10 PM
no i was thinking about the alien oasis townie for ages just it reminded me of that place in starwars the city thats how i wanted it :P tatoine or somthing i wanted a giant city like that one

Conradin
11-21-2010, 08:23 PM
im working on mine too, ill have it up tommorro. any more ideas i can add to it?

smoae
11-21-2010, 10:23 PM
This WITH a bar open all night
vodka shot minigame ftw
bears would so own, because everyone knows elves cant hold thier liquor...

serious suggestion though

Arterra
11-21-2010, 10:46 PM
no i was thinking about the alien oasis townie for ages just it reminded me of that place in starwars the city thats how i wanted it :P tatoine or somthing i wanted a giant city like that one

Well then expand Nd make islands bigger, insert afew houses and you got a city on the water.

Bigsleazy
11-22-2010, 02:01 AM
Or a level minimum? Maybe a minimum playtime requirement? So you can't get into this area if you are under 40, or have been playing for less than two months? Not to alienate lower levels but...

icantgetkills
11-22-2010, 02:06 AM
Na being able to go from town to town makes people think that the game is more open IMO