PDA

View Full Version : NEW SCAM! Warning!

kinzmet
12-31-2013, 01:59 AM
Scenario
Victim : (roaming in the town)
Scammer : Trading my Leprechaun to a Level 30 Northern Staff of Brutality!!! Trade me fast!!!
Victim : Oah! theres someone selling that staff on the CS
Scammer : I know, but I dont have golds here. But if you buy it for me, I'll trade my lepre for that.
Victim : Sure, wait here I'll buy it.

[On CS the Northern Staff of Brutality was over priced to 120k and only one seller]

Victim : (talking to himself) Its 120k but the lepre is around 200k, so if I sell the lepre after trading I will earn 80K! wow!

[Bought the staff at the CS for 120k]

Victim : Hey I bought the staff lets trade!
Scammer : Sorry but someone already traded with me. Sorry.
Victim : What! What would I do on this over priced staff?
Scammer : Really sorry bro. (with an evil grin on his lips!)

[What is the scam there?]

The seller of the over-priced staff was actually the other account of the scammer!
He sold his staff in over price on his other character while keeping the leprechaun pendant!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Gunzlinger
12-31-2013, 02:06 AM
I saw someone tried to trick me a couple month ago..same like u..:)

kinzmet
12-31-2013, 02:09 AM
..this makes me really!!!!...grrrrr scammers dont play fair!

Jhawkeye
12-31-2013, 02:13 AM
Technically not a scam, just a little misleading but infuriating all the same

kinzmet
12-31-2013, 02:19 AM
Technically not a scam, just a little misleading but infuriating all the same

Its a "Trick" then?..anyway if ever you ask how did I know that the seller is the scammer's other character. Well I found out the the scammer was my Obnoxious brother who tops all his MMORPGs using scams. He said that I should learn it the hard way to survive an MMORPG.. (T_T) After begging he returned my 120k and I returned his staff. But to those people who
aren't as lucky as me I'll leave this warning.

matanofx
12-31-2013, 02:35 AM
New? no sir it is not

Scam? no sir it is a trick that works on gullible greedy people

kinzmet
12-31-2013, 02:42 AM
New? no sir it is not

Scam? no sir it is a trick that works on gullible greedy people

..yeah trying to earn golds is greed..I'm new to mmorpg so its new to me. And for the sake of those who are like me I posted this.

matanofx
12-31-2013, 02:50 AM
..yeah trying to earn golds is greed..I'm new to mmorpg so its new to me. And for the sake of those who are like me I posted this.

You cant claim something is new if youre new to the place, so EVERYTHING is new to you...

My point is there has been many threads about this "scam" in particular, you think youre bringing us new info but its more of the same old

When i saw your thread title i was expecting something new, you can probably imagine the disappointment i felt after reading it

kinzmet
12-31-2013, 02:57 AM
You cant claim something is new if youre new to the place, so EVERYTHING is new to you...

My point is there has been many threads about this "scam" in particular, you think youre bringing us new info but its more of the same old

When i saw your thread title i was expecting something new, you can probably imagine the disappointment i felt after reading it

Sorry for the dissapointment, just wanna help.

Anarchist
12-31-2013, 06:01 AM
It's good to refresh memories specialy when the subject is SCAM.

luka
12-31-2013, 09:13 AM
This ''trick'' is popular in ALL rpg games. Its oldest and most simple ''trick'' that scammers use. Usually poor and naive players fall for that.
But yeah, its a trick not a scam ( at least not for sts).

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Black Market
12-31-2013, 10:07 AM
Anyway thanks for this info, this is old trick, some of them even show more valueable item to trade with rubbish. Not the first time found people like that..

Its good if you not fall in this trap and end up with rubbish in your inventory.. Good luck and be careful

Samdegreat
12-31-2013, 10:39 AM
Haha when people do this to me I always say ok instead of trading the items I'll give u gold so u can go and buy it from auction :)

Energizeric
12-31-2013, 02:55 PM
Yeah, old news. It's been going on since Pocket Legends days.

Kakashis
12-31-2013, 03:51 PM
haha I usually tell the person wait here, I'll buy it in CS for you then let's trade! walk over to the CS, walk back and say "here, let's trade!" I get the usual same response as you did, hehehe, sometimes I tell them I'm 5k short, can you lend me some gold? a few times they did!

FluffNStuff
12-31-2013, 04:02 PM
haha I usually tell the person wait here, I'll buy it in CS for you then let's trade! walk over to the CS, walk back and say "here, let's trade!" I get the usual same response as you did, hehehe, sometimes I tell them I'm 5k short, can you lend me some gold? a few times they did!

I LOVE IT!!!!
Tell them you only 5K less then the item, and see if you can get THEM to give you 5K!!!!

Xbadboyx
12-31-2013, 06:13 PM
ive seen many ppl trying to scam by this way

Int
12-31-2013, 06:32 PM
It's not new, this "scam" has been going on for a long time

Carlozgood
12-31-2013, 08:26 PM
I have encountered some of this but i didn't get tricked/scammed

faefaefae
12-31-2013, 11:11 PM
My way of response:

Great! You know what? I've got the item you want in my stash, lets trade now!
(then pretend walking to your stash)

He will leave immediately.

fritzce
01-01-2014, 02:33 AM
some of the scammers also will "PM" you..

VanRah
01-01-2014, 05:34 AM
A guildie met one practicing a new technique of scamming...
All the conversation was in PM.
Scammer: "Hey, it's last day of the year n for the new year I can't play anymore so I want to give away all my stuff. I have chosen u. Do u want my outfits, my lepre n my money before I delete my char?"
Victim: "O.o ok!" (he thinks the last day of the year must be really lucky if it's not a scamming attempt lol)
Scammer goes in trade n shows the items n the money.
Before clicking confirm the scammer says: "can I wear ur outfit? I never got it, I'd like to see how I do look like before I quit this game. Can u lend it to me n then I'll return it bk to u with my stuff?"
Victim: u scammer! -.-

The victim was not naive but I bet others may have fall for this trick.
Be careful peps!

drawfflerz
01-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Yeah this is a new scammer tactic. Im also saw this trick before. I had take a printscreen/screenshot

drawfflerz
01-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Sorry people who had their name on this pic. Dont have time to cover player name.

kinzmet
01-01-2014, 01:49 PM
A guildie met one practicing a new technique of scamming...
All the conversation was in PM.
Scammer: "Hey, it's last day of the year n for the new year I can't play anymore so I want to give away all my stuff. I have chosen u. Do u want my outfits, my lepre n my money before I delete my char?"
Victim: "O.o ok!" (he thinks the last day of the year must be really lucky if it's not a scamming attempt lol)
Scammer goes in trade n shows the items n the money.
Before clicking confirm the scammer says: "can I wear ur outfit? I never got it, I'd like to see how I do look like before I quit this game. Can u lend it to me n then I'll return it bk to u with my stuff?"
Victim: u scammer! -.-

The victim was not naive but I bet others may have fall for this trick.
Be careful peps!

Thanks for sharing! New players like me would benifit from people sharing there experience like you. (^_^)/

kinzmet
01-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Sorry people who had their name on this pic. Dont have time to cover player name.

Thats rigth! that person trading could buy the item he wants buy selling his lepre in lower price on CS. Its sure is a "trick"
Thanks for sharing! (^_^)/

Xstealthxx
01-01-2014, 02:02 PM
This is old one.. I guess a year ago somebody attempted to do this to but hell no its way too good to be true..

Tuyulcanggih
01-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Found this in travelr otpost lol. Thanks for your info :)

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

kurd4ever
01-01-2014, 10:12 PM
Found this in travelr otpost lol. Thanks for your info :)

Lol my frind is the buyer of it he fell on the trick few hours ago

Tuyulcanggih
01-01-2014, 10:24 PM
Lol my frind is the buyer of it he fell on the trick few hours ago

I think thats not scam just a trick