PDA

View Full Version : Package Install Issue

anenigma
11-21-2010, 05:32 PM
I've tried downloading from the market over 3g and wifi, I got the direct download from here, I've tried installing from sdcard and the system app folder, but nothing worked. The package installer fails immediately when trying to install. Anyone know a way to remedy this?

Droid 2

Futumsh
11-21-2010, 07:05 PM
You might try unmounting the sdcard prior to installing - some devices seem to have issues with installing large apps that prefer installing to sdcard. If that works for you, you should still be able to move it to sdcard after install. There doesn't seem to be a useful pattern as to what devices need to do this - some devices need to and some don't, of the same models, so no idea what the commonality is.

anenigma
11-21-2010, 07:22 PM
It installed successfully, but now it force closes before starting up (both when sd is mounted and unmounted).

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it working. I uninstalled, started up cold, then reinstalled. The program's working now. Thank you!

DMich
11-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Can't find it in the marketplace, can't click on the link on the website and the apk won't install from the phone or the app installer with or without the sd card mounted-ANDROID SUCKS. Not your issue but if you have any insight....HTC Hero running 2.1

Futumsh
11-22-2010, 11:04 PM
I think the hero only supports OpenGL ES 1.0, and we require 1.1 (which is also why it doesn't appear in the market).

DMich
11-23-2010, 09:41 AM
do you mean 2.1-from what I found the hero comes with 2.0

DMich
11-23-2010, 09:44 AM
I'll keep digging-about ready to bounce my android off the wall and buy an iPhone

Stone37
11-23-2010, 09:56 AM
It installed successfully, but now it force closes before starting up (both when sd is mounted and unmounted).

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it working. I uninstalled, started up cold, then reinstalled. The program's working now. Thank you!

I am having this same problem... only after many reboots and reinstalls... still does not work. I have a HTC MyTouch Slide. Has anyone else run into this problem or been able to install this game on a HTC Slide?

Panda1148
11-24-2010, 04:15 PM
no matter what I do, it says installing unsuccessful. tried everything. first it started with the patch. so I thought what if I uninstall it and then reinstall it. Nope doesnt work. ugh.. so irritated. soooo glad I didnt buy any platinum cause I would be really really irritated then.

EDIT: I have HTC Evo

Futumsh
11-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Unmount your sdcard, then install, then remount and move to sdcard.

b3nj4m1n
12-13-2010, 04:57 AM
Unmount your sdcard, then install, then remount and move to sdcard.

Have this problem on my epic... had it installed before but the game forced me to update it.. couldn't update from market or from apk. Uninstalled game tried everything including unmounting and even taking the card out. Nothing works.. if I try from the apk it says pocket legends could not be viewed free up space...

Futumsh
12-13-2010, 08:55 PM
If you're getting a not enough space message, this isn't the same problem.

One thing to try is rebooting your phone just before doing the install. You'll need enough internal storage available for the installer to do its work, which seems to be between 100 and 130 megs depending on device.

b3nj4m1n
12-14-2010, 10:11 PM
If you're getting a not enough space message, this isn't the same problem.

One thing to try is rebooting your phone just before doing the install. You'll need enough internal storage available for the installer to do its work, which seems to be between 100 and 130 megs depending on device.

got it installed again. had ~104mb free, deleted google earth to get ~125mb free and that fixed the "could not be viewed" thing, but failed to install, rebooted and tried again and it worked.