PDA

View Full Version : How to "correctly" open locked grand crates. (IMO)

Anarchist
12-31-2013, 08:08 AM
If you have ever opened a locked then you must know about The Fever.

What's the Fever?

The Fever is that feeling you get when you gamble, it makes your heart beat fast and increse your greed.

Example of the Fever affecting AL players?

1) Player X loots 10 Elite golden puzzleboxes and plans to sell them to gain some money but the Fever catches him and he decides to open all of them hoping to loot that arcane staff. When the Fever leaves him he regrets not selling the boxes and doesn't understands why he even opened them in the first place.

2) Player X has 400 lockeds and enough plat to open them all but planned to open only 200 and sell the rest. He starts opening and reaches 200 lockeds but loots no myth nor arcane, the Fever catches him and he decides to open all his lockeds burning his last chance to gain.

The fever is a very bad guy because the more you lose the more he makes you want to spend till you remain without nothing then your mind clears and you start regreting lol.

HOW TO FIGHT THE FEVER:

By now i think everyone is aware AL is not luck base but timing base so if you have to open for example 200 locked you open them through out the day.
I explain:

1) Open 10-20 lockeds every X hours through out the day.
This way you will find the exact time to open and get better loots while keeping in touch with reality and not letting the Fever to take over you. Have a pause before you open each bunch of crates.

2) Try to open lockeds only when you go Hype. Hype means you are having a luck strike and you keep looting good stuffs from your runs. That's a sign.

Goodluck :D

bhutkeyur
12-31-2013, 07:07 PM
lol nice

FluffNStuff
12-31-2013, 07:25 PM
You forgot the part about the fish in your hair and the banana peel stapled to your shoes but everything else sounds about right for a proper locked crate opening technique thread.

+.85

Temarichan
01-01-2014, 12:37 AM
I get this .... :| a lot.

I can't remember how many times I've regretted opening crates in temptation xD

I'm glad...this sickness has a name

Instanthumor
01-01-2014, 03:03 AM
I like opening locks from the middle --> out, that's just me :p

VanRah
01-01-2014, 05:22 AM
LOL

baddiva
01-01-2014, 09:09 AM
I like opening locks from the middle --> out, that's just me :p

It might be interesting to make a survey in these myth/beliefs people create in opening chests... Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

keikali
01-01-2014, 10:18 AM
The Fever...

I can't stop this feeelinggggg deep inside of me.

Anarchist
01-01-2014, 12:11 PM
LoL! I remember when i opened my first and only lockeds i was possesed!

Sent using Ferrix Tossic pots sticky stuff.

mafimuk
01-01-2014, 12:38 PM
nice bro.. maybe your a psyche... :)

Greatbaska
01-02-2014, 04:36 AM
Thanks, really helped me out:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Anarchist
01-02-2014, 03:52 PM
Thanks, really helped me out:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)
It's a pleasure helping, you are welcome :D

Ebezaanec
01-02-2014, 04:14 PM
"I swear, I only opened two crates!"

"Really?"

"Yes, the first and the last."

Zanpakuto
01-02-2014, 05:05 PM
crate fever is hard to overcome and those plats go down so fast once you start :(

Zeus
01-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Just one small correction! According to the developers, it is a randomly based algorithm that is not time based.

However, that being said, on every luck based thing in this game, I always seem to get my loot, exceptional gems, or mythics all within a certain timing.

For example, this has happened to me on more than one occasion: I am spending plat crafting exceptional gems & after quite a number of tries, I get one. Then, I quickly try again & I get another. Oh wait, let's try again before my lucky streak runs out. Lookie! Another!? Then it's back to no exceptional gems despite 20+ tries.

Morholt
01-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Just one small correction! According to the developers, it is a randomly based algorithm that is not time based.

However, that being said, on every luck based thing in this game, I always seem to get my loot, exceptional gems, or mythics all within a certain timing.

For example, this has happened to me on more than one occasion: I am spending plat crafting exceptional gems & after quite a number of tries, I get one. Then, I quickly try again & I get another. Oh wait, let's try again before my lucky streak runs out. Lookie! Another!? Then it's back to no exceptional gems despite 20+ tries.The rate must be 3/60 and not 1/20. :D ;)

Anarchist
01-02-2014, 05:26 PM

For example, this has happened to me on more than one occasion: I am spending plat crafting exceptional gems & after quite a number of tries, I get one. Then, I quickly try again & I get another. Oh wait, let's try again before my lucky streak runs out. Lookie! Another!? Then it's back to no exceptional gems despite 20+ tries.

Yep i totally agree thats why i think that algoritm isnot so random afterall. It happens not only for gems but also for:
Elite loots
locked loots
Skill proc (ex traps pull in)
Lep rerolls.

Many times i have experience these periods where everything that requires a % to happen, happens very often then after these rapid sequences of "luck" that i called "Hype", everything ends and it ends for a long period evens week then the Hype suddenly riappears. It not normal for something they call "Random".

Matutd
01-02-2014, 05:29 PM
How to correctly open locked crates:
Open inventory
Click chests tab
Click crate
Click open

LordDravek
01-02-2014, 05:45 PM
How to correctly open locked crates:
Open inventory
Click chests tab
Click crate
Click openYou forgot the plat purchase step.

BTW, You get horrible odds by opening them really really fast as opposed to: Opening 1,see what you get, wait, open another. Sometimes if you open them really fast, you get nothing and sts still takes the plat. It sucks. (personal experience after spending well over 3k USD in the past year on plat for locked)

xXz21
01-03-2014, 02:14 PM
LOL.

not funny..

and sure arcane legends is NOT luck. theys put a very very very very very low rate in crates to drop something good. is just to make money bcus u know if u don't get nothing u wanna open more and more to get something..

Superduper
01-03-2014, 03:25 PM
This is great. Finally a guide on how to control one's looting temptation.

Matutd
01-03-2014, 05:54 PM
I guess you guys who believe that timing affects drops are the same idiots that would leave the game when I opened a chest at 21 cap, and then have the audacity to call me stupid.
Or maybe you believe that the world is run by lizard people (seriously, if you havent heard of that before you should look it up, it's hilarious)

Freunameki
01-03-2014, 05:59 PM
I though im the only one thnx for the info :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Kakashis
01-03-2014, 06:09 PM

Funny you should mention this as the same happened to me too! All my armor pieces, another set, and then some had no exceptional fruits. Then on my twink when they all ended at the same time, I had 3/5 as exceptional which I thought was more than pure chance. This is also true with farming locked crates. In the evening with max luck reroll, I got just 1 with my super elixor. Then if I play at lunch time like today, I got at least 5 during the span on less than 30 minutes. Go figure

Sassssuke
01-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Lolol ! It helped me out but really funny tho :adoration:

Zlolouux
01-04-2014, 02:01 PM
Hey ty for this thread! <:

Anarchist
01-04-2014, 02:21 PM
I am glad it helped you.
You are more than welcome :)

StopDrop'N'Troll
01-05-2014, 04:37 AM
Lmao moar theorys? Jesus..

Another thing that made me feel some sort of "aww cute" feeling was that you named it the fever. Naming it that is stupid because now when people go to the clinic they have a 50% chance to get the wrong medicine!!! Think of others before your self gawd.

close thus thread!?!

Anarchist
01-05-2014, 09:01 AM
Hey bro, don't troll on my thread :)

Sibayjing
01-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Strange but I looted 3 mythic helm rogue in 2 days, always during the quarter past X (hour).
And often after the 100 plati reward

I also have 3 same legendary items in same locked (O_o) How can I be so lucky for win 3 dimensionnal daggers of tactics in same locked...

Btw I have tested with a new char who never looted mythic, I can see the orange letter AP even before my lockeds show me the 3 loots

Maalice
01-06-2014, 04:31 AM
If I buy locks on my phone then switch to my tablet I always get a mythic... maybe cuz my phone is android and my tablet is apple... u guys should give it a try... plus just pop 2 tylenol and that should break ur fever.