PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about an archer build

Iorwerth
12-31-2013, 09:57 AM
(I'm not Iorwerth in-game... I'm just burrowing my brother's forum account to ask my question)

I'm new to the game, but I've been looking at the skills and threads about rogue builds. I'd like to do PvP as an archer and would like your help creating a build.

Here are the skills I'm considering of using:

Aimed Shot 5/5
Noxious Bolt 4/5 or 5/5 (1)
Combat Medic 5/5 (2)
Shadow Veil / Shadow Piercer / Razor Shield (3)

(1)
I'm not sure whether or not I should get the area increasing upgrade. I've only been playing PvE so far, and whether I charge Noxious Bolt or not varies a lot. so I thought that maybe that point could be more useful elsewhere.

(2)
It seems like people often disagree on the amount of points to spend in this skill. To me all upgrades seem useful, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

(3)
Everyone seems to have their own preferences here... And I can't decide. To be honest I don't understand how they can be useful as Shadow Veil is a waste if I'm going to run a lot and not stay inside the smoke, Shadow Piercer only offers 10% heal with a 75% chance and it offers the risk of getting close to my opponent, Razor Shield does grant an increase in dodge, but I'm not going to be close to my enemies (not willingly that is).
I hope you can enlighten me here and help me decide which one... if any.

For my passives I'm considering Critical Shot and Damage mainly. But I don't know how many points to put in them and I don't know if I should spend a few points in Knowledge and Might, too. I've been told that mana can be a problem for rogues planning on using their skills a lot which is why I consider Knowledge. Also the rogue seems a little fragile which is why I consider Might.

As for my stats, I'm putting all my points into Dexterity.

---

Anything I should add / remove? Any useful knowledge I might want for doing PvP in this game?

I'm looking forward to reading your responses.

kinzmet
12-31-2013, 02:40 PM
(1) From the looks of your skill points I'm guessing your level 18 - 26. If your aiming to cap your level then the increase in area of a nox bolt is a must for PVE. But If your leaning on PVP then leave the area increase and use the skill point to other skills.
(2)Your on the right tract. On PVE the 5/5 Combat medic saves potions, While in PVP a rogue without combat medic is a dead rogue. On these reasons I recommend you to max it 5/5.
(3)Yes, its every one's preference. This is my opinion
[Shadow viel for blade users effective on both PVE and PVP]
[Razor shield for bow users, in PVE activate when overwhelmed by mobs. while in PVP activate for increased Crit chance and survival]
[Shadow Piercer in PVE saves some potions, on PVP its used to carry flag faster, dash to attack with blades, Dash through an oponent to escape]
My preference is shadow piercer.

For passives, your on the right tract. But once you get accustomed to [ 1 or 2 hits = kill ] using Aim shot + your other skills you wont think rogue as fragile as you think now.
I suggest you try twinking at level 16. The rogues at Level 16 PVP are killers, you could get 25 kills is to 1 death (assuming you got the best equips).

I hope this helps! (^_^)/

Iorwerth
01-01-2014, 05:17 AM
That really did help. Thank you.
I must have missed the part about Razor Shield granting increased Critical chance.

Should I just spend as many points as I have left in Critical Shot and Damage or should I spare a few for Knowledge or Agility?

By the way, how long does the med. packs stay on the ground?

Azepeiete
01-01-2014, 11:48 AM
5/5 nox bolt is NOT good in pve. I think shadow piercer is the best choice as your final skill with 2/5, just the heal. Dex and int passives come first. If you go level 36 and want to do both pve and pvp use this build. Swap out medic or veil depending where you are.

5 aim shot
2 pierce
4 nox
5 medic
3 shadow veil(dmg and time increase)
5 dex passive
5 int passive
Rest elsewhere in passives, I suggest str first.