PDA

View Full Version : Best Solo Class?

Amperec
11-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Hello everyone, I have a 20 mage that can do a lot on her own but I want a class that can run into a group of monsters and kill everything wit no problem. Also id rather not have to spam potions to stay alive. Does anything like this exist? I can kill a lot with the mage but she seems to squishy. I don't want a glass cannon..I want a tank that nukes.

Arterra
11-21-2010, 06:37 PM
nope. bears can, but may have to spam pots with some peeps anyway. otherwise, they are your solo class (though will never see the point of solo sorry)

Amperec
11-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Ok. How about this question then. Say I want to play the class that can dish out the MOST damage to multiple targets. What would I be and what skills would I use? I want to see very high damage and just rape face.

Arterra
11-21-2010, 07:16 PM
mages. nuke 'em out of town. though birds just won single-target dps.

Pharcyde
11-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Mage hands down.

Kossi
11-21-2010, 07:49 PM
archers FTW

Silverage
11-21-2010, 07:50 PM
The Enchantress. All you have to do is pull and run around in circles.

Kurlz
11-21-2010, 07:54 PM
mage. archers have the higest dps, but its single target. mages own everything at once, but if you run right in, especialy once u start in ao, you will die...a lot...unless u have fast fingers and a few hundred mana pots

Amperec
11-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Yea I have one of each class nowand it seems obvious the mage is the best aoe class. My next question is what order do you cast your spells in. I run in cast lightning then fireblast followed by heal, rinse and repeat. That seems to be good enough burst dos to kill everything. Is there anyting better that I could be doing to get more damage? I have 5 lightning 5 fireblast and 5 heal. Any recommendations?

Fyrce
11-22-2010, 05:44 PM
For best general soloing (but can't do everything class) I would say either bird or mage. With rebalance, I am leaning toward mage -- very fast damage, pretty good defenses. Before this week, I probably would have leaned bird by a little bit. I love bears but killing fast is not their forte, so while they live very well, it can be very slow soloing with them.

Hmm...you can always clear out trash mobs with one class and pop in with another class for boss :)

As for mage spells, depends on what you're killing. Generally, lightning, ice and firestorm. I try to gather some first. Let them get close to me or run around a bit. If that "combo" doesn't kill them, I work in weakness+nightmare before lightning. Usually that's a very flat mob group.