Guide deleted sorry.

Hoardseeker
01-01-2014, 07:09 AM
deleted due to negative feedbacks

Anarchist
01-01-2014, 07:55 AM
Hmm a lot of copy, paste, cut this, edit that and rewrite those

anyway nice job ;)

Sent using red lipsticks from my sisters makeup set.

Anyona
01-01-2014, 08:22 AM
This guide was ok but I suggest you use Tarlok Versatility gear because your health is very low, my mage has 3.1k health and 846 armour. Also I suggest you run lightning instead of gale because it hits harder and using gale just for bosses is pointless in my opinion. :)

Raymond05
01-01-2014, 08:57 AM
Yes, your guide is ok. Just like anyona, i also suggest that you use lightning instead of gale. But if you really want gale to easily dodge and to get away from near death, you can just drop heal. IMO, heal is good but it has a long cooldown and during the time it is cooling down, you already got a lot of damage from the hard hitting mobs of shuyal. Yes, it is good if you want to support your teammates and heal them and also giving them mana. But if you want to hit hard like the shuyal mobs 3 damage skills is good with a shield on. You and your teammates can always use pots and you can also save pots by running with a really good tank. Btw, the skills i use are fire, ice, lightning (for boss, switch ice/clock away), clock and shield.

Hoardseeker
01-01-2014, 09:44 AM
This guide was ok but I suggest you use Tarlok Versatility gear because your health is very low, my mage has 3.1k health and 846 armour. Also I suggest you run lightning instead of gale because it hits harder and using gale just for bosses is pointless in my opinion. :)
yeah but I get 3K health with malison and I got 906 armour too :)

Hoardseeker
01-01-2014, 09:45 AM
Hmm a lot of copy, paste, cut this, edit that and rewrite those

anyway nice job ;)

Sent using red lipsticks from my sisters makeup set.
yep because there are many mages dont know how to use their skills and how to build up their mage

keikali
01-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Sorry not to sound rude, but may I? Thanks.

How can you account for trash mobs as a mage? Forget the boss for now, again how CAN YOU account for trash mobs as a mage? In Elite Shuyal you think the bosses are hard? LOLWUT? The trash mobs are the biggest factor in any Elite Shuyal Map. That is what makes or breaks the run. If you can't get pass goobers, how are you going to go for the goob?

To me, you're just doing a simple copy & pasta as Parf's guide which I say is top notch for a Rogue.

How many Elite Shuyal runs have you run as an endgame mage? How can you justify what you say is correct? Do you have any backup to your claims etc. with the builds etc.?

I'll tell you right now, that build IMO is not suited for running endgame. How can I say that? Well not to flap my gums and stroke my epeen, but I will. I've run and lead TONS and I mean TONS of endgame elite runs especially Shuyal with no issues ever. I train a majority of my newcomers into Shuyal with no issues. I can solo a majority of those maps, bosses included (won't mention which, it isn't easy). You on the other hand have not reached the endgame cap, have not really experienced whats it like to run into an "OHSH!T" run and do damage control to save the run.

To summarize, you do not have the claims to backup this guide. I do not approve of this guide. To me a majority of it is copy & pasta from Parf's guide. Try to be original and create your own. I mean the title is even the same less the "Sorc's Perspective".

Oh hey, Happy New Year though.

vogel
01-01-2014, 10:19 AM
Calm down man lol, why get so worked up about someone trying to help? Mr badass shuyal runner.

Raymond05
01-01-2014, 10:25 AM
I didn't had the guts to say that but yeah that was what i was thinking too. Btw, take it easy kei. He just shared his opinion in how to run elite shuyal maps. He is just wrong in making it a "guide" because many new sorcerers out there who just reached the current level cap would use this guide and say: what a crappy guide, i am not doing well in elite shuyal with this build. And he is also wrong in not having originality because a sorc is very different from a rogue. Sorcs are for AOE damage and crowd control. Rogues are for single high damage/DPS. I, myself, am still an amateur and may have not run as many elite shuyal map as kei does, but i say that i also do not agree with the majority of your guide. It's good sharing knowledge to the new sorcs out there who needs a guide like this but before you make a guide, you have to be fully right or close to being 100% right in everything you say. Simply speaking, you have to share the best way to run elite shuyal maps. :-)

keikali
01-01-2014, 10:26 AM
Calm down man lol, why get so worked up about someone trying to help? Mr badass shuyal runner.

You want the cliffnotes version?

1) Copy & Pasta, unoriginal. 95% is based off of Parf's guide
2) No claims to support his C&P guide. It's like saying yea "trust me", lolwut?
3) Giving misinformed information is one of the worst things you can do in anything. People take what you say and they try it out themselves and when it doesn't work (guide debunked), they wasted maybe tons of their own time and money to "try" this guide.
4) I am badass and awesome.

inb4 why so srs with joker face.

Raymond05
01-01-2014, 10:34 AM

Haha. Don't ever mess with kei A.K.A Mr. Badass and awesome elite shuyal runner. :-)))

basketholic209
01-01-2014, 10:39 AM

3) Giving misinformed information is one of the worst things you can do in anything. People take what you say and they try it out themselves and when it doesn't work (guide debunked), they wasted maybe tons of their own time and money to "try" this guide.

Lol the very funny thing is that he hasn't even hit the cap yet.
I bet he hasn't finished any of Elite Shuyal maps.

And yes, 95% copy and paste from Zeus'.

Konviict
01-01-2014, 10:48 AM
nice job however i dont agree with you lol

first of all the pets, there are way more good pets to use;
colton, malison, orion, grimm, slag, ribbit, abaddon maybe and the arcane pets

the skills; gale? imo useless...
id go with fire/ice/clock and shield
at boss you can switch clock for lighting
which upgrades? i aint telling ya lol. Figure it out hehe

passives? int/dex and str 5

the points? if you are feeling good with full int then go with full int but id do a few points in str also so shield has his effect ( 10-15%)

Iamruthless
01-01-2014, 10:51 AM
leave him alone he tried at least and about builds their is uhm forgot 8-12 skills u can use and make ur OWN build and whichever comforts you best is a good build for you , and if he thinks that build is good for elite ten be it its good as using fire ice frost clock shield or whatever ur build might be it , yes this is unoriginal but at least he tried to give his opinion in some where this guide

SayCreed
01-01-2014, 10:59 AM

Most of this Is copied from Parf (God of Maths :D ).
I'm more badass than you.
Mr.Nottoobadass I'm Tinify.

LOL Kei Did you recently have pasta addiction

Yum Yum Pasta.

aarrgggggg
01-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Well i will use this as an opportunity to share my lvl 36 endgame mage build
Active skills
Shield 4/5 all but the scatter mob upgrade
Fireball 4/5 all but scorch
Clock 5/5
Gale 2/5 only the speed upgrade (I never charge this skill during a fight)
Lifegiver 3/5 only greater range and mana heal NOTE in elite shuyal lifegiver is a waste of a skill i find it far more effective running 3 attacks and shield, Spam pots instead of lifegiver, its not your job as a mage to refill peoples health that is warriors job and mana, Well everyone has pots accesible 2 them. I only use lifegiver if i am soloing or if i am running easier maps to conserve pots.

TIP:
Quite honestly regardless of class if you are not willing to spam pots you do not belong in elite shuyal GO BIG OR GO HOME

I have experimented with lightning, frost, and gale but i choose gale because it stuns enemies everytime and i have +25% speed at almost all times
which i find very effective in keeping my squishy blue behind alive

Passives
Damage 5/5
Knowledge 5/5
Might5/5
TIP: Staffs are best for mobs as the autoattack deals damage to multiple enemies and guns are best for bosses because the damage is higher and you great better range and auto aim as well.
I use both staff and gun, I switch out at the boss

Badassthor
01-01-2014, 11:07 AM
Waste of two points for heal...in elites u don't need heal just use pots efficiently. Gale is basically useless so swap it for ice/light for higher single target damage. U may wanna get a gun for boss fights. For example level 36
Darkened rifle if u could not afford a mythic gun. Btw..Colton isn't good for elite shuyal as the health is too low and the mobs hit quite hard. Colton is probably used for easier maps for high damage as the mobs don't hit hard.

Limitational
01-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Before you guys defend him claiming he's doing a nice thing please look at his topics in the past please. this guys a troll. Always will be
All you did was copy and paste someone who spents hours writing a guide now and changed a few words. thats called plagiarism. Also did you even get permission to post the loot table from jon and Emmacheese?
This thread won't last long
Don't feed the trolls kiddies.

Anarchist
01-01-2014, 12:03 PM
Sorry not to sound rude, but may I? Thanks.

How can you account for trash mobs as a mage? Forget the boss for now, again how CAN YOU account for trash mobs as a mage? In Elite Shuyal you think the bosses are hard? LOLWUT? The trash mobs are the biggest factor in any Elite Shuyal Map. That is what makes or breaks the run. If you can't get pass goobers, how are you going to go for the goob?

To me, you're just doing a simple copy & pasta as Parf's guide which I say is top notch for a Rogue.

How many Elite Shuyal runs have you run as an endgame mage? How can you justify what you say is correct? Do you have any backup to your claims etc. with the builds etc.?

I'll tell you right now, that build IMO is not suited for running endgame. How can I say that? Well not to flap my gums and stroke my epeen, but I will. I've run and lead TONS and I mean TONS of endgame elite runs especially Shuyal with no issues ever. I train a majority of my newcomers into Shuyal with no issues. I can solo a majority of those maps, bosses included (won't mention which, it isn't easy). You on the other hand have not reached the endgame cap, have not really experienced whats it like to run into an "OHSH!T" run and do damage control to save the run.

To summarize, you do not have the claims to backup this guide. I do not approve of this guide. To me a majority of it is copy & pasta from Parf's guide. Try to be original and create your own. I mean the title is even the same less the "Sorc's Perspective".

Oh hey, Happy New Year though.

Easy everyone this hardness might kill is helping spirit.
One day he might want to write a legendary guide but he gets blocked when he remembers this harsh criticsm.

Sent from the white wall in my room using charcoal.

Anyona
01-01-2014, 12:21 PM
yeah but I get 3K health with malison and I got 906 armour too :)

Still though, I would choose health over damage anyday, thats why I reccomended Tarlok Versatility because it has, good armour, good health and still good damage. As for your build.... Personally I dont like it gale is a skill which is meant for aoe not single target, if you want to use gale switch it with lifegiver.
I run 2/5 lifegiver
4/5 Clock
4/5 Fire
4/5 Shield
4/5 Lightning

5/5 Str Passive
5/5 Int Passive
5/5 Damage
2/5 Dex
And everyone is right, you used 95% of what Zues wrote, in the future try to make your guides more original :)

keikali
01-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Easy everyone this hardness might kill is helping spirit.
One day he might want to write a legendary guide but he gets blocked when he remembers this harsh criticsm.

Sent from the white wall in my room using charcoal.

Can't take the heat? Get out of the kitchen.

Critism of any kind is beneficial to the player because not one, not two, but a bunch of people will criticize and point out all the issues and flaws so that he/she will not make the same mistake again in the future.

Ebezaanec
01-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Lol.. Even the font is the same as Parf's Guide.

It's an "ok" guide, but I would add more info and personal experience on your Elite Runs.

After all, this is a "sorcerer's perspective" not a "rogue's copy & paste perspective."

Zeus
01-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Thanks for just copying my entire format of a guide that I spent an hour or so editing for.

But hey, if you're helping people, I guess I can live with that.

P.S: Can I sue? Lol. ;)

Ebezaanec
01-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Thanks for just copying my entire format of a guide that I spent an hour or so editing for.

Sure, you can get the Elite Cap banner he doesn't have yet :p

Or maybe the royalties from his farming?

Anarchist
01-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Can't take the heat? Get out of the kitchen.

Critism of any kind is beneficial to the player because not one, not two, but a bunch of people will criticize and point out all the issues and flaws so that he/she will not make the same mistake again in the future.

There's is a costructive way to criticize and a NON costructive way to criticize, then there is a demoralizing way to criticize and this is the worst.

Sent with my last strenght from the real of dreams.

Zeus
01-01-2014, 03:48 PM
There's is a costructive way to criticize and a NON costructive way to criticize, then there is a demoralizing way to criticize and this is the worst.

Funny you should say that... heh. :p

keikali
01-01-2014, 03:56 PM

Oh my way was very constructive. It means to stop plagiarizing other people's hard work and throwing in a couple of your own words to pawn it off as your own work. Look at his thread creation history, I haven't really seen any concrete useful topics. Remember that 10K AP thread he created? LOLwut? Yea the one what Avshow won, whelp, thats that I guess.

FYI even though he gave credit to Parf et. al., Parf NEVER said it was okay to take his work and use it as a basis for a guide. I asked Parf myself and he had no clue this thread was even created till I directed him to it. (Sorry for putting you on the spot Parf). Also I highly doubt Emma or Jon okay'd this either. So hey welcome to textbook plagiarism 101.

You along with others can defend him all you want, but the truth is this guide should be debunked and not even considered work. Truth hurts, deal with it.

HeartlessR
01-01-2014, 04:14 PM

Hold on he didn't ask permission? Lol wow. Trainwreck incoming. If I wasn't on my phone id have a meme for this

Serious though buddy you cant do this kindof stuff without asking permission to use it first. Itll get you in alot of trouble in the real world. even if youre trying to help.

Zeus
01-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Sorc,

I'm not mad at you or anything, first off. Annoyed? Sure, I worked on that format to make it easy to read and understandable.

References: These are pieces of data created by someone else. You notice Jon & Emma's loot table in the guide? That was a reference. If you notice Zuzeq's nox box explanation, that's a reference as well.

Plagiarism: Taking a person's entire format & saying thanks for the help is equivalent to taking a book like Green Eggs & Ham and rewriting by just replacing the title with Brown Eggs & Turkey, as well as replacing the entire storyline with words like "brown eggs", "bob, I am" & "turkey".

That isn't allowed. ^^

However, this is a public forums so I don't think you have done anything illegal (could be wrong). It's just that it's downright disrespectful.

Anarchist
01-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Funny you should say that... heh. :p

Ahahahahahahah!!
I learnt my lesson :)

You along with others can defend him all you want, but the truth is this guide should be debunked and not even considered work. Truth hurts, deal with it.

You don't get me i am not saying
this guide isn't a copy paste and edit
work (if you read
the replies i was the first person to tell him) or that it's a masterpiece guide.

IMHO even though this is a paste and edit work he still put some effort rediting and adding his gameplay experience, so i don't think you have the right to thinks his work is trash.

I think he wanted to make a sequel of Zeus thread (good job man) for sorcerers but failed in the attempt even do this is not a OP guide it is still a try and a contribution to the forum.

Coming to tries where's your own elite shuyal guide for sorcerers go and do it and then come back and say other ppl work is trash.

Dunno for .sorc but Personally if someone criticize me in a trolling way like you and some others did then he is looking for my trouble and i dont listen to that person.

Sent with my last breath from the real of dreams.

Striderevil
01-01-2014, 04:57 PM
In my opinion if you can't get slag get clyde its gives you high crit. For constant AoE high int. Stat for the imp. Dmg. and most imp. his panic ability works often enough to make him better than grimm

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

keikali
01-01-2014, 05:02 PM
You don't get me i am not saying
this guide isn't a copy paste and edit
work (if you read
the replies i was the first person to tell him) or that it's a masterpiece guide.

IMHO even though this is a paste and edit work he still put some effort rediting and adding his gameplay experience, so i don't think you have the right to thinks his work is trash.

I think he wanted to make a sequel of Zeus thread (good job man) for sorcerers but failed in the attempt even do this is not a OP guide it is still a try and a contribution to the forum.

Coming to tries where's your own elite shuyal guide for sorcerers go and do it and then come back and say other ppl work is trash.

Dunno for .sorc but Personally if someone criticize me in a trolling way like you and some others did then he is looking for my trouble and i dont listen to that person.

Sent with my last breath from the real of dreams.

No. You're not getting me.This is textbook plagiarism and you're condoning it. Taking someone's work and rewording a few then pawning it off is not called contributing. It's called being a cheat and is looked down upon anywhere.

Lol@you thinking I'm trolling. I don't have to write my own guide. I don't have to talk the talk because those who have run with me know I walk the walk.

If you or him choose not to listen then you're just being stubborn. Keep on defending cheats, it gets you nowhere.

Anarchist
01-01-2014, 05:37 PM
No. You're not getting me.This is textbook plagiarism and you're condoning it. Taking someone's work and rewording a few then pawning it off is not called contributing. It's called being a cheat and is looked down upon anywhere.

Lol@you thinking I'm trolling. I don't have to write my own guide. I don't have to talk the talk because those who have run with me know I walk the walk.

If you or him choose not to listen then you're just being stubborn. Keep on defending cheats, it gets you nowhere.

I don't think you know what a forum is meant for.
A forum is a open source (ex Linux) where everybody can add is contribution aiming to improve things and acheive a goal together. (not all contributions are accepted or good)

Where you see plagiarism i see continuation. A nor good nor bad Shuyal elite farming guide for Mage players with at the base Zeus guide for Rogues.
In an open source their is no Secret or Personal if you want that then go to a closed group (ex Microsoft).

Though it would have been a good act of politeness if .sorc asked Zeus permission he didn't but condemning his work bcuz he didn't ask permission and not for the contents is not fair.

For your info, I hate cheaters and forum gangers.

aarrgggggg
01-01-2014, 07:25 PM
When i first read this i did not realize to what extent this thread was copied and pasted. Tsk Tsk
Hoardseeker i think people appreciate u trying to contribute to the al community however
This thread is not the way to go about it.

Be original and make your own contributions to the community. Originality will be thanked and respected

Hoardseeker
01-01-2014, 09:02 PM

Lol the very funny thing is that he hasn't even hit the cap yet.
I bet he hasn't finished any of Elite Shuyal maps.

And yes, 95% copy and paste from Zeus'.
lol I made full elite shuyal check my title too

Hoardseeker
01-01-2014, 09:05 PM
When i first read this i did not realize to what extent this thread was copied and pasted. Tsk Tsk
Hoardseeker i think people appreciate u trying to contribute to the al community however
This thread is not the way to go about it.

Be original and make your own contributions to the community. Originality will be thanked and respected
hmm ty

Reunegade
01-01-2014, 09:11 PM
hmm ty
It is very rare that I post in these forums; heck, I barely even play AL. But what I have seen you do I have not seen anywhere on any forums. Sure, you might not have broken the forum rules, but you did plagiarize the entire guide. Although you did credit Zeus, the entire guide is almost the same exact thing. I am not going to start a flame war, I just ask of one simple request: apologize to those who you have copied off of and please ask the mods to delete your guide. This is morally wrong and I hope you learn from this.

basketholic209
01-01-2014, 09:27 PM

What title? Crystal Conquerer? Are you being serious?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Anyona
01-01-2014, 10:46 PM

You may have wrote guide in the title but this isnt a guide lol, this is basically a copy of someone else's work, would you like it if someone stole your work? No, I suggest you ask a dev to remove this because its not fair that you have used someone elses work and called it your own...

drgrimmy
01-02-2014, 06:40 AM
I agree, I find the content of the guide somewhat lacking, and I could not ever recommend doing elites with this type of build, although I no longer do that much elite farming. There were some interesting original ideas such as using gale and shield to cross the large pools of purple stuff when fighting ferrix. Bottom line, although the guide is pretty much not good and not recommended, I think you guys are giving him way too much or a hard time. To me it seems as though he respected Apollo/Zeus guide and was trying to emulate it creating a companion guide for sorcerers. After all he did thank Zeus' original guide in Zeus' thread and reference him both in the begining and end of this guide. Unless this is a total troll just trying to mock Zeus' guide, I don't think it should be that upsetting, but rather flattering that someone wanted to emulate his guide. Perhaps it was gone about in the wrong way, and maybe he should have talked to Zeus first, although to me it seems like the right intentions were there. Furthermore, this is not plagiarism. This is a forum. As soon as you post something on this forum you lose all ownership of what you post which can be used by STS and other forumers as they seem fit. Sure, doing things like this wont win you points with other forumers, but just take a look at the TOS:

"By using the Forums and submitting User Content to the Spacetime Applications, you grant to Spacetime, and its successors in business and assigns, a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, modify, edit, display, adapt, create derivative works from and market and promote the User Content, for any commercial purposes, and in any medium now existing or hereinafter developed, and to use your name, likeness, voice, performance, and any personal information you submit with or contained within the User Content, without your prior approval or the payment of any compensation and without notice. You also grant each user of the Spacetime Applications a non-exclusive license to access your User Content as permitted through the functionality of the Spacetime Applications and under these Terms. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, you hereby waive any moral rights you may have in the User Content you submit."

Wow, when reading the TOS it is actually somewhat scary what you give them rights to do into terms of content you post and your personal information!

Uzii
01-02-2014, 01:53 PM
I think Grimmy is right on spot.

(o: scary indeed)

And everyone did either way fall for trolls game or is bullying a kid/or someone with good intentions. thats my opinion.

Zeus
01-02-2014, 05:39 PM
I agree, I find the content of the guide somewhat lacking, and I could not ever recommend doing elites with this type of build, although I no longer do that much elite farming. There were some interesting original ideas such as using gale and shield to cross the large pools of purple stuff when fighting ferrix. Bottom line, although the guide is pretty much not good and not recommended, I think you guys are giving him way too much or a hard time. To me it seems as though he respected Apollo/Zeus guide and was trying to emulate it creating a companion guide for sorcerers. After all he did thank Zeus' original guide in Zeus' thread and reference him both in the begining and end of this guide. Unless this is a total troll just trying to mock Zeus' guide, I don't think it should be that upsetting, but rather flattering that someone wanted to emulate his guide. Perhaps it was gone about in the wrong way, and maybe he should have talked to Zeus first, although to me it seems like the right intentions were there. Furthermore, this is not plagiarism. This is a forum. As soon as you post something on this forum you lose all ownership of what you post which can be used by STS and other forumers as they seem fit. Sure, doing things like this wont win you points with other forumers, but just take a look at the TOS:

"By using the Forums and submitting User Content to the Spacetime Applications, you grant to Spacetime, and its successors in business and assigns, a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, modify, edit, display, adapt, create derivative works from and market and promote the User Content, for any commercial purposes, and in any medium now existing or hereinafter developed, and to use your name, likeness, voice, performance, and any personal information you submit with or contained within the User Content, without your prior approval or the payment of any compensation and without notice. You also grant each user of the Spacetime Applications a non-exclusive license to access your User Content as permitted through the functionality of the Spacetime Applications and under these Terms. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, you hereby waive any moral rights you may have in the User Content you submit."

Wow, when reading the TOS it is actually somewhat scary what you give them rights to do into terms of content you post and your personal information!

Sorc,

I'm not mad at you or anything, first off. Annoyed? Sure, I worked on that format to make it easy to read and understandable.

References: These are pieces of data created by someone else. You notice Jon & Emma's loot table in the guide? That was a reference. If you notice Zuzeq's nox box explanation, that's a reference as well.

Plagiarism: Taking a person's entire format & saying thanks for the help is equivalent to taking a book like Green Eggs & Ham and rewriting by just replacing the title with Brown Eggs & Turkey, as well as replacing the entire storyline with words like "brown eggs", "bob, I am" & "turkey".

That isn't allowed. ^^

However, this is a public forums so I don't think you have done anything illegal (could be wrong). It's just that it's downright disrespectful.

Exactly why I said this, hehe! ^^

Sure, it sucks, but at the same time, it means that someone thought my work to be credible enough to use. That's a pretty awesome compliment. :)

bhutkeyur
01-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Woooo - nice job on reaching 3rd page of this thread. Instead of flaming we could have helped that guide to improve. Noone of the guide here is copyrighted so feel free to use it in anyway like Linux.

Rare
01-02-2014, 06:35 PM
Woooo - nice job on reaching 3rd page of this thread. Instead of flaming we could have helped that guide to improve. Noone of the guide here is copyrighted so feel free to use it in anyway like Linux.

Oh if you only knew how screwed you could get by doing that.

bhutkeyur
01-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Oh if you only knew how screwed you could get by doing that.

Yeah sure please tell me...how worst it can get?