PDA

View Full Version : Still having problems with my wifi connection.

Volantin
11-21-2010, 09:03 PM
As the title says, i cannot pass the autetication part when im loggin into PL. Already rebooted the iphone and reinstalled the app but the problem keeps showing. First time with problems in like 5 months and also yesterday i buyed a 800 plat pack. Im from chile but i dont think thats a problem cause i play a lot of mmo with 0 lag. Hope someone could give a solution to this, thanks!

jonr
11-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Same here (Iceland). I haven't been able to connect all evening. (GMT time) I can log in, but then I get "Unable to connect to server"

Volantin
11-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Someone? I dont really want to stop playing PL, its soo cool :), and i have spent like 90 dollars also... Please devs help a player from Chile xd

addiekai
11-22-2010, 02:17 PM
I have 2 friends too over at Indonesia that are having the same problems.

Is STS limiting players to within US and US territories? o.o

addiekai
11-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Any view on this Devs?

Justg
11-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Definitely not limited by location... people play from all over the world.

The few times I have seen this, I needed to restart my device and it came back just fine. This is not your experience though I take it...

addiekai
11-22-2010, 03:35 PM
For me it's not, just 2 of my friends in Asia.

I think they have had the problem over the weekend...

jonr
11-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Now I'm having trouble again. It worked fine today. "Failed to connect to pocket legends game servers" after I log in.

addiekai
11-23-2010, 03:30 AM
Ok. Officially, I'm having the same problem.

Stuck at the connecting/authenticating part after the load screen that comes right after logging in.....

Was fine a few hours ago till I logged out to check on my other games. Already restarted twice... =/

addiekai
11-23-2010, 06:21 PM
No update on this?

jonr
11-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Still the same. If it is any help, then I'm running it on Nexus One with the 2.2.1 update. Over wifi in Iceland.

addiekai
11-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Looks like we are out of luck jonr.

Me and my friends will stop playing first, till this is fixed...

Later guys.

Alias_TheMax
11-23-2010, 10:07 PM
I have the same problem as yours -_- idk what to do, me too i dont want to stop playing PL but im kind of stocked =/

addiekai
11-24-2010, 12:26 AM
Well, i'll just check back in a few days.

Meaning a few days wasted. Pfft...

Clockcycle
11-24-2010, 12:17 PM
This may or may not apply in your situation, but it's an idea to consider.

You may be in a location where your country is filtering and or your provider is actively blocking certain connections. I would check with your ISP and or double check your firewalls..

I know that in certain locations, players of certain MMORPG have been known to use proxy servers to gain access where they otherwise wouldn't be able to.

-CC

EDIT: Some of you sound like it is your device, if the issue clears it's self after a reboot or reinstallation...

addiekai
11-24-2010, 09:24 PM
That would be kinda far fetched, because i have been playibg for quite awhile. When 1.5 came around, then the problems surfaced, same with my friends.

If this is the case, seems like me and mu friends will be quitting. Sad really, considering the time we put in this game and the friends we have made.

MoarPewPew
11-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Before you quit, is your iPod updated to a compatible OS? I run 4.1 ATM

Futumsh
11-24-2010, 10:36 PM
It appears that some networks are not routing correctly to some of the ip addresses being used since 1.5 for patching, and since the android launch for some of the game servers.

Unfortunately working around it is mostly guesswork, since the routing problems don't exist between the servers and any networks we (and the majority of the players) normally connect through. I'll see what we can do about it next week.

addiekai
11-24-2010, 10:40 PM
Im running 4.1 on both ipods and my ipad.

Gatorman02
11-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Same issue here from the U.S. I'm running 4.01 on iPhone 4 and I can't get passed the connection error screen where it claims that my Internet connection is bad (tried it at multiple locations and my Internet is fine).

I have already tried restarting, next is reinstalling I guess. I'm surprised we dot hear more from administrators on this.

Alias_TheMax
11-26-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm surprised we don't hear more from administrators on this.

I totally agree with you !!! Im from quebec, canada and i still have connexion problems so i cant log in and as said addiekai, everything started with 1.5 update -_- considering all the time and the MONEY i've spend in that game i would appreciate if i could ONLY play =/ !!! DEVS should focus on this problem cause there are more and more people who are affected by this supposly "wi-fi" problem ! Since two weeks I cant play and sorry for my language but it defenitly sucks -_-

Futumsh
11-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Is there more to hear? I posted what's wrong, and that I'd look into a workaround next week.

MoarPewPew
11-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Is there more to hear? I posted what's wrong, and that I'd look into a workaround next week.

My connection is perfect, can you make it better... Lol

Guys give him a break, he is doing the best he can do and things take time.

Alias_TheMax
11-26-2010, 09:22 PM
ok now listen (or read :P) I tried to log into an old account (e-mail account --> maxime_piche@hotmaill.com) to see if it was a problem with my account. And YES is the answer !!! I tried to log in and it works great. After I tried again to log into my main account (e-mail account --> Alias_TheMax@hotmail.com) and it still doesn't work !!! WHY :-0

So now I have the proof that it's not a Wi-Fi connection problem !!! But what is wrong with my account ?!? Please Devs help me, I wanna play so much to this best Ipod game ever !!! (seriously I'm not saying that to have your help, it's just true :P).

P.S.: I could continue to play on my old account (maxime_piche@hotmaill.com) but I only have a Lvl 1 warrior on it -_- instead of my L50, L45 and L28 players on my main account (Alias_TheMax@hotmail.com). If it's possible could you transfer my players on my old account ??? Just tell me if it's possible please, I would appreciate a lot !!!