PDA

View Full Version : 2014???

Ijooo
01-02-2014, 02:12 AM
What will happen to PL this year? New cap? Recycled items? Any things new? Or do they have a full year calendar?

Doodlebeast
01-02-2014, 02:16 AM
Nothing. Probably just a few recolored or renamed items.

LEVEL ONE
01-02-2014, 02:41 AM
Either a new cap will come, or PL will shut down.

Extreme
01-02-2014, 03:26 AM

Bring Back oyster class! Or at least change PL to Studly legends.

SayCreed
01-02-2014, 07:26 AM

#Wewantoysters#

Kiwihawk
01-02-2014, 04:15 PM

I'm A Level 99 Stud And I Have The Skill Cape Of Studdlyness

Skeletonlord
01-02-2014, 04:43 PM

Please don't say that! I hope PL doesn't shut down yet! :(

Reunegade
01-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Please don't say that! I hope PL doesn't shut down yet! :(
Well, there's no use in sugarcoating it. It's on the verge of shutting down, and I think everybody knows that.

Justg
01-02-2014, 05:13 PM
Not true at all. We may not update it as much as you would like, but we have a ton of work and love invested in it and we'll keep it going for you.

Skeletonlord
01-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Not true at all. We may not update it as much as you would like, but we have a ton of work and love invested in it and we'll keep it going for you.

Awesome to hear this. Thanks for clarifying with me. There should be something because its the new year as well, maybe a fireworks vanity? :)

Burningdex
01-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Well, there's no use in sugarcoating it. It's on the verge of shutting down, and I think everybody knows that.

wish i had thx lol

Reunegade
01-02-2014, 06:26 PM
G,

I appreciate your enthusiasm and your commitment, but the only way you can keep it alive is by updating it more frequently. I know it is hard as AL brings in a lot more money than PL does, but it's only fair that you update your older games. If PL didn't exist, then AL wouldn't exist.

And, what happened to TechnoEmail and the gang? Haven't seen him since last year :(

Extreme
01-02-2014, 07:14 PM

We understand, G, Its the lack of update and some people saying this things so we all would just believe them because they themselves has seen that PL is no more update. A swaggron said, to keep PL alive you must Do an Update daily, not only on events maybe do something that will pull the players back, I understand you guys may not come up with a new cap in this horizon, but at least make something we could do new in game..

Skeletonlord
01-03-2014, 04:38 AM
We understand, G, Its the lack of update and some people saying this things so we all would just believe them because they themselves has seen that PL is no more update. A swaggron said, to keep PL alive you must Do an Update daily, not only on events maybe do something that will pull the players back, I understand you guys may not come up with a new cap in this horizon, but at least make something we could do new in game..

Exactly my concern right now. Nowadays, I still get time to log in, but when I do, it's mostly saying hello to people and maybe doing a run and logging out again.

As extreme said, something new we can do in the game is an excellent idea G, and it will get people more interested in the game again.

Skillless
01-03-2014, 05:43 AM
I don't think a new cap would solve all the problems.

Think about what a new cap means for sts:
- make new maps
- make new mobs
- make new quests
- make new gear

And now what a new cap means for the vocal pro players
- spend 1 day each char in mega maze to cap
- spend some gold caps we all have by now to buy new gear
- quickly do all quest
- pvp a bit and complain about balance
- wait for next cap

I would rather see addition to the existing content. The mass of existing content is the big strength of PL imo.
I myself would keep motivated for a longer time with something like
1) Clear all maps in all worlds 10 times each for a vanity helm
2) Kill all bosses in all worlds 100 times for a vanity armor
3) Do 1) an 2) with level appropriate chars to get a nice shield too
4) ...

Basicly just additional quests / achievements. I'd hope that those would be easier to implement than a whole cap and still keep us motivated.

Doodlebeast
01-03-2014, 10:18 AM
I don't think a new cap would solve all the problems.

Think about what a new cap means for sts:
- make new maps
- make new mobs
- make new quests
- make new gear

And now what a new cap means for the vocal pro players
- spend 1 day each char in mega maze to cap
- spend some gold caps we all have by now to buy new gear
- quickly do all quest
- pvp a bit and complain about balance
- wait for next cap

I would rather see addition to the existing content. The mass of existing content is the big strength of PL imo.
I myself would keep motivated for a longer time with something like
1) Clear all maps in all worlds 10 times each for a vanity helm
2) Kill all bosses in all worlds 100 times for a vanity armor
3) Do 1) an 2) with level appropriate chars to get a nice shield too
4) ...

Basicly just additional quests / achievements. I'd hope that those would be easier to implement than a whole cap and still keep us motivated.

Make new sets and farmable vanities/ hardcore quests ( like cyber ) for low level maybe?

Skillless
01-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Make new sets and farmable vanities/ hardcore quests ( like cyber ) for low level maybe?

Yes things like that. Right now most times there are only games on in bsm or vampire feast. I think it would be great if there were more reasons to revisit all the other maps.

Everyone'sFavMage
01-03-2014, 11:18 AM
New quests would be great, I really agree with you skilless. A new cap wouldn't solve much. They need to work on the balance of pvp make new fun quests and something new for pvp. New maps new modes new ways to play. SOMETHING

Multibird
01-03-2014, 02:37 PM
Since dl or was it sl who got a new cap recently, after a long time. PL'S time will come :)

ZeroBlu
01-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Since dl or was it sl who got a new cap recently, after a long time. PL'S time will come :)
I believe it was DL (I don't play DL) but I am a active player on SL and we haven't gotten a new cap in a long time and also while you wait @Multibird you should make new characters and take the grind of lvling all the was to 71 (i think its 71 haven't played PL in 3 months :p)

Burningdex
01-03-2014, 11:01 PM
then the people in AL say they havent had and update in forever.....

Extreme
01-03-2014, 11:51 PM
then the people in AL say they havent had and update in forever.....

Prolly would complain if they get a month without update.

Burningdex
01-04-2014, 12:15 AM
Prolly would complain if they get a month without update.

mmhmm

Suchislife
01-04-2014, 06:43 AM
JustG we know all the devs say they love us and have a ton of things to give to us. But we've waited so long and samhayne says " no cap in the horizon".... Please, just tell us what's happening xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Doodlebeast
01-04-2014, 07:05 AM
Yeah, tell us the full truth. There's no need to keep us guessing.

Roberto077
01-04-2014, 09:51 AM
And, what happened to TechnoEmail and the gang? Haven't seen him since last year :(

5 days ago? D:

Yeah, tell us the full truth. There's no need to keep us guessing.

Just a simple 'yes' if there will be a cap would be nice. Or at least a 'change' to an existing map as an event (like the forgotten event only with less weapons and more vanity drops).

Chopper
01-04-2014, 11:13 AM
A new cap would mean a LOT. It would mean STG has not abandoned the game and is not just milking it until everyone quits.

A new cap plus the removal of the XP anywhere elixir would be even better to re-engage the players left over.