PDA

View Full Version : Gender!!!!

greandeath
01-02-2014, 01:37 PM
for the new up date can y'all please add gender changes. I'm tired of playing on my rogue and guys automaticaly think I'm a girl. I only play rogue BC I like bows. Please add a gender changer!!!!!!

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

Rare
01-02-2014, 01:49 PM
They've been working on this for a while. From what I've heard, any day now.

greandeath
01-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Okay thanks. It just gets annoying when guys try to hit on me and I'm like "I'm a dude" and their like "oh"

Samhayne
01-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Hey Greandeth, sorry to spoil the illusion but Aedenos has this incorrect. We do not currently have plans to add a Gender changer or a male Rogue. It is a big bunch of work (mostly art) that with the same time we could probably do a whole new expansion or more that would benefit everyone.

Rare
01-02-2014, 03:07 PM
Sorry, bad joke. There have been a lot of these requests lately. Thanks for answering Sam.

Anarchist
01-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Personally i prefer female characters u.u
Sam plz give us that expansion you were talking about asap :sour:

Sent using tissue papers from my toilet.

Ebezaanec
01-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Personally i prefer female characters u.u
Sam plz give us that expansion you were talking about asap :sour:

Sent using tissue papers from my toilet.

Asap... Then nerf the Arcane Bow asap :p

Haowesie
01-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Hey Greandeth, sorry to spoil the illusion but Aedenos has this incorrect. We do not currently have plans to add a Gender changer or a male Rogue. It is a big bunch of work (mostly art) that with the same time we could probably do a whole new expansion or more that would benefit everyone.

Hey Sam, wouldn't a female/male vanity set address this request?

Samhayne
01-02-2014, 04:36 PM

But that isn't what people want, I think. A vanity wouldn't change the geometry of the model or the animations, just the look. It would be a pretty effeminate guy rogue.

Rare
01-02-2014, 04:37 PM

The problem is the art with the specific genders. The animations. Men move differently from women. They stand differently than women. Etc. A lot of the current Rogue clothing would have to be redone. Who wants to see a male rogue running around in a founders set?

It would be cool to see a Rogue sized warrior chick holding those giant swords though.

octavos
01-02-2014, 04:45 PM
But that isn't what people want, I think. A vanity wouldn't change the geometry of the model or the animations, just the look. It would be a pretty effeminate guy rogue.

your point is invalid..just look at this feminine beauty..errr dude i mean. Im ok with a vanity, plus this is an ongoing issue since day one of AL so i think people do want it.. XD

Rare
01-02-2014, 04:55 PM
How about this idea. Instead of a look... why not a title?

"I'm a man baby!"

Uzii
01-02-2014, 05:00 PM
your point is invalid..just look at this feminine beauty..errr dude i mean. Im ok with a vanity, plus this is an ongoing issue since day one of AL so i think people do want it.. XD

Who wants to see a male rogue running around in a founders set?

U never know ;)

"I'm a man baby!"

About the head of a sexy dressed female rogue? Are you sure? :D

Zylx
01-02-2014, 05:26 PM

Vanities dont change the geometry of the models? I believe the silhouette shape of the warrior kraken pirate and the warrior purple founders vanity sets are very much different. If you can change the shape of the model through the vanity just like that, cant there be a new vanity to re-shape the rogue's figure by blending the breasts and feminine abdomen with a bigger stomach? Widen the love handles and find someway to straighten the back so the torso and the legs can transition more masculine? The rogue's walking pattern doesnt need to be adjusted, thats fine. We just need to defeat the presumption that the gender of the player matches the gender of the avatar. If you cant do it by vanity, cant you implement an element where a player can determine another player's gender by inspecting their avatar? Maybe add a female or male symbol next to the name in the inspection screen? And this would be changed with new check boxes in the options. Just something to deterr those false presumptions about my own gender.

Anarchist
01-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Asap... Then nerf the Arcane Bow asap :p

LoL arcane bow?
Where i buy!

TheMightyFeusalet
01-02-2014, 08:17 PM

Oh Sam, does that mean you are working on a new expansion :) :tongue:

VenomsChaos
01-02-2014, 08:49 PM
Vanities dont change the geometry of the models? I believe the silhouette shape of the warrior kraken pirate and the warrior purple founders vanity sets are very much different. If you can change the shape of the model through the vanity just like that, cant there be a new vanity to re-shape the rogue's figure by blending the breasts and feminine abdomen with a bigger stomach? Widen the love handles and find someway to straighten the back so the torso and the legs can transition more masculine? The rogue's walking pattern doesnt need to be adjusted, thats fine. We just need to defeat the presumption that the gender of the player matches the gender of the avatar. If you cant do it by vanity, cant you implement an element where a player can determine another player's gender by inspecting their avatar? Maybe add a female or male symbol next to the name in the inspection screen? And this would be changed with new check boxes in the options. Just something to deterr those false presumptions about my own gender.

+100

Crowsfoot
01-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Why is this so hard?

Well, let's do math! (Shut up and do the math). How many different items are there in the game? Write that number down. How long do you think it takes to design a piece of equipment? Write down ten times whatever number you thought of (it's harder than you think). Multiply those two numbers together. That's how many hours it would take just to make the new gear, let alone add a patch for new genders. Honestly, I'd rather have the cap raised to lvl41.

greandeath
01-02-2014, 10:30 PM

dam :'( I wish it would happen

rivet
01-03-2014, 12:29 AM
A woman warrior might look like she-hulk lol!

Alfai
01-03-2014, 12:55 AM
Everybody loves women..

Rare
01-03-2014, 07:26 AM
Everybody loves women..

True dat

Hoardseeker
01-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Just a little work at same rogue face and female/male rogue both can use same items you can make male rogue face to be selected at character selection screen..or the magician who changes hair and face

H2N
01-03-2014, 11:11 AM
Just a little work at same rogue face and female/male rogue both can use same items you can make male rogue face to be selected at character selection screen..or the magician who changes hair and face

IMO, replacing the rogue's face to male just wouldn't work. The rogue's ...errrrrrrrr ummmmmm... shape and jiggly animation just wouldn't be right with a male face.

octavos
01-03-2014, 11:12 AM
IMO, replacing the rogue's face to male just wouldn't work. The rogue's ...errrrrrrrr ummmmmm... shape and jiggly animation just wouldn't be right with a male face.

well, give people a chance and you will see. :) I would def would buy one..but making (my IGN: Zelda) a man would errr....not be right XD the proper artwork with the same Skeleton and geometry would work..look at the winter rage vanity...it could easily be a dude.

rouges are pretty much the only case that would benefit with a male counterpart...as for warriors and blue smerfs..not so much for a female..since many more are buggin for a rouge male

VenomsChaos
01-03-2014, 12:41 PM
its hard ( not hard, just need efort ) on a male female choice right now.. sts have more thing to do maybe they dont have time for gender choice but easly way for do it dont change anything + sounds and run efects can be a female to but a male looks wanity can be good. on a warior girly wanity hmm its hard to mind it :) but on rogue its not so hard to do a male looks wanity.. and also a little type or icon near name in avatar screen can be solve this problems little..
i like archers + assasins ( rogue ) but i am not opening it reason clearly :)

( its just what i am thinking maybe its not right )

Juicymango
01-03-2014, 12:56 PM
I really like the idea of different Gender Vanity sets. The walking and fighting actioms don't need to be changed imo. I had some time today so i decided to make a suggestion:

I know it's not perfect, but i want to inspire you sts.

Aquanflame
01-03-2014, 01:34 PM

I kinda agree, the inappropiate bits I won't wanna change XD but the bits about inspecting to see the gender and the gender sign next to the character name I like it :)

Aquanflame
01-03-2014, 01:36 PM
I really like the idea of different Gender Vanity sets. The walking and fighting actioms don't need to be changed imo. I had some time today so i decided to make a suggestion:

I know it's not perfect, but i want to inspire you sts.

Hey juicy, the rogue doesn't go with my taste though and the warrior and mage doesn't seem to have a difference?

Aquanflame
01-03-2014, 01:37 PM
True dat

Agreed

xXz21
01-03-2014, 01:45 PM

and why the game have no gender? is so very bad and disappoint sts with that..

the game should start with male/famale..

maybe is a big work with 3D models and implement in Game. but STS is a company not a simple ''programmer'' should be easy for theys.

bronyaur
01-03-2014, 01:58 PM
I've played a lot of R.P.G.'s in my time and I would like to play a rogue/mage hybrid . Talk about a powerful combo.Sounds feasible and I think it would be a popular choice.

xXz21
01-03-2014, 02:17 PM

ok whatever sts can put a new ''pet'' that have NEW animations, NEW face, NEW skills. BUT sure THIS ''NEW PET'' give sts to MUCHHH MONEY. but a new character/Gender NO.

this is why is to MUCH WORKING.

Juicymango
01-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Hey juicy, the rogue doesn't go with my taste though and the warrior and mage doesn't seem to have a difference?

Well it was just a suggestion, the warrior and mage don't have another gender coz this thread is about rogues :3

Crowsfoot
01-03-2014, 02:24 PM
He changed the entire model. You would have to wear that vanity 24/7 to look that way. Put on red founders and you get a female body.

Sorry to disappoint but coding what you all are asking would take a long time. And, it will make expansions even longer to create. It's a waste of time IMO. If AL had a much larger team and they had time to spare, maybe. Other than that I'm team no go.

Jhawkeye
01-03-2014, 02:37 PM
2 male characters and one female.. whats the problem? I don't see females asking for there to be female warriors or female smurfs.. or am I missing something?

Spyce
01-03-2014, 02:40 PM
How would you make a sorc female?

Orageunas
01-03-2014, 03:14 PM
How would you make a sorc female?
Do sorc even have gender?

Anarchist
01-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Sorcs are Hermaphrodites they have a dong and a bing

don't know if you got it ù,ù.

Sent from my girlfrend house in the midst of three girls :Q__

Hercules
01-03-2014, 07:38 PM
ahahhahah fun :D

Hercules
01-03-2014, 07:42 PM

i think, if over the rogue there is one point blue for man and point color red for girl no is good idea? , sorry for my english no perfect :P

for example look rogue women

and rogue man

Alfai
01-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Can we explore a few varities of face/hair at least?

sevenpain
01-04-2014, 12:46 AM
Just add new title I'm a dude

nelson131
01-04-2014, 05:26 AM
Ya a simple symbol will do

Hoardseeker
01-04-2014, 07:16 AM

i think, if over the rogue there is one point blue for man and point color red for girl no is good idea? , sorry for my english no perfect :P

and rogue man
Lol that doesn't change the rogue's face

Ebezaanec
01-04-2014, 07:56 AM

Did you read the post? He was suggesting that the colored dots in the bottom-right corner would signal what gender you are...

Desperoto
01-04-2014, 02:13 PM

Yes and if you wear the body only? Then u see a man with a women face on it

Sariita
01-04-2014, 03:05 PM

"I'm a man baby!"
Oh that title above the head of a rogue with founder set? Lol. Haha a sexy male rogue xd

Sariita
01-04-2014, 03:07 PM
Yes and if you wear the body only? Then u see a man with a women face on it
Rofl True!

Hoardseeker
01-04-2014, 08:51 PM

Did you read the post? He was suggesting that the colored dots in the bottom-right corner would signal what gender you are...
I told even you show u r a boy with that color the rogue's face will be like women :)

Meduke
01-05-2014, 06:24 PM

It seems to me that all we really need is ONE completely new avatar- not three. I agree that it is a lot more complex than just adding three new vanities, but I think it would be worth the investment for STG. After all, the difference between a male Mage and a female one is ...what? Eyelashes and a hairbow? That would be pretty simple. And the female rogue body would work just as well for a female warrior. I think most people care a lot less about the body style (beyond male vs female) than they do about the ability to use the weapons and attacks of a certain class. Personally, I think it would be kind of cool to see a female warrior that looks like the rogue, bashing things with a Trollbane. If STG would just design a male rogue, and use existing body styles for the other two classes, a lot of people like me would be lining up to spend platinum on a new character. Also, I think more players would want three or more character slots if they could choose the gender of each character. So not only would people be spending plat on gender changes for existing characters, they would also be spending plat on extra character slots. I have four characters right now, but I would buy at least two more character slots if I could choose the gender of the characters.

Rare
01-05-2014, 11:36 PM
And the female rogue body would work just as well for a female warrior.

You're talking about having to redesign every piece of warrior armor.

Spyce
01-05-2014, 11:37 PM

and rogue man

What's the difference?!

SayCreed
01-06-2014, 04:39 AM
What's the difference?!

The dots in the bottom left corner
Blue=Male
Red=Female

Emmacheese
01-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Smurf solution is easy ... Pink or Blue :adoration:

bhutkeyur
01-06-2014, 10:44 PM
For smurf - I got similar looking class from another mmo called gobllin. This some idea about how to separate male and female smurf.

Basic look

3D model

In game

Slado
01-06-2014, 11:20 PM
I would like to see some male rogue or assasin.

Anarchist
01-07-2014, 01:09 AM
For smurf - I got similar looking class from another mmo called gobllin. This some idea about how to separate male and female smurf.

Basic look

3D model

In game

Ahahah bhut the male and female goblin look so ugly just like our smurfs.

I thought female goblins had a certain "Charm" though. ù_ù'

epicrrr
01-07-2014, 03:20 AM
lol i know you all just want to see how a female sorcs would look like! :)

Newcomx
01-07-2014, 03:38 AM
for the new up date can y'all please add gender changes. I'm tired of playing on my rogue and guys automaticaly think I'm a girl. I only play rogue BC I like bows. Please add a gender changer!!!!!!

Hahaha.. i'm supporting this :))

ladymage
01-07-2014, 01:02 PM

I like the idea to add a gender info in the avatar. That should be easy, isn't it?

Striderevil
01-09-2014, 04:01 PM
How about just adding it in say the next expansion onwards and giving the players a free choice to change genders. You can call it trying the game till level 35 and then committing to the game after. Once the levels go higher lvling up to 35 wouldn't be a problem. This would be the perfect time to do it as after more expansion come out and lvl caps reach 50 to 100 it will be nearly impossible.

Honestly I would like to see a human mage. The smurf are just weird compared to the other class toons lol

Haifer
01-09-2014, 04:35 PM

I died...

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

captaintuttle
01-09-2014, 04:40 PM

Hey there, cutie! Got a boyfriend??? :P

greandeath
01-09-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm a dude -.-

thanya_bluegirls
01-10-2014, 02:06 AM
all i can say is only LOL to those ideas n comments XD

Hoardseeker
01-10-2014, 07:16 AM
lol i know you all just want to see how a female sorcs would look like! :)
with a long hair and short ears?lol

Thrindal
01-10-2014, 07:34 AM

Or a female warrior... whoa!

VanRah
01-11-2014, 08:40 AM
Having a male rogue would be hot *_*
If he won't be like the war, who looks like a body builder, but more like the male vamp in Dark Legends than I'd surely choose him!
I'd keep the female rogue but I'd also take the new male version of it! *_*

About the female war I dunno...if she will be super muscular like her counterpart then it would be ugly -.-
The sorcerer are like the Asgard in Stargate: having lost the capacity for sexual reproduction, they perpetuate themselves by transferring their minds into successive cloned bodies. Repeated generations of cloning has led to an irreversible degeneration of their genome so they are a dying race. Therefore they don't need a sexual distinction XD

Anyway according to me, instead of making genders for each class, it would be better creating a whole new class.
What about a new humanoid race with animal traits (the beastmasters? lol)?
For example if the next expansion is themed under the sea then we could have a race with gills n fins; if themed in the sky a race with wings...ecc
Here just some examples:

Oedid
01-11-2014, 04:22 PM

resolution: Make male character the warrior template and female character the rogue template.

I wouldnt mind if my rogue was a big brawling dude in rogue gears. Or if my Warrior was a lithe small female toon. at least it would be possible and I see as a relatively easy shortcut. I've see worse in other mmo games. The real trick is....what do you do for a smurf o.O - or are smurfs like dwarves? (Hard to tell apart)

Sheener
01-11-2014, 08:14 PM
No arcane bow pls! Will ruin the game!

Daniel Banuelos
01-25-2014, 05:53 AM
How about just adding it in say the next expansion onwards and giving the players a free choice to change genders. You can call it trying the game till level 35 and then committing to the game after. Once the levels go higher lvling up to 35 wouldn't be a problem. This would be the perfect time to do it as after more expansion come out and lvl caps reach 50 to 100 it will be nearly impossible.

Honestly I would like to see a human mage. The smurf are just weird compared to the other class toons lol

Me too i would like to see a human mage vanity

Anarchist
01-25-2014, 07:56 AM
Sometime ago i drew a male rogue and female sorcerer if you care to look click:

Here (www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?133138-male-rogue-(Azazriel-style))