PDA

View Full Version : This Weekend: DOUBLE ODDS for Egg Drops in Locked Grand Crates of the Watch

Remiem
01-02-2014, 03:07 PM

If you've been opening locked crates during the Winter Event and still haven't gotten that special pet you're going for, this weekend is your chance! From Friday, January 3rd until the end of the event on Monday January 6th, there will be double odds of Arcane and Mythic rarity pets dropping from Locked Grand Crates of the Watch.

Pets that drop from the crates include:
• New Holiday Arcane rarity pet egg: The Brothers Whim
• Arcane rarity pets Hammerjaw, Glacian, and Samael
• Mythic rarity pet eggs: Slag, Ripmaw and Abbadon

Here's a video highlighting the new Arcane Pet The Brothers Whim, with a quick glance at the other Arcane Pets you can get during the event.

http://youtu.be/PJEUe0HTHf8

Good luck!

Ravager
01-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the heads up

Ixyris
01-02-2014, 03:34 PM
O.o wow

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Wallnut
01-02-2014, 03:37 PM
Great, thanks guys!

asimauara
01-02-2014, 03:59 PM
I'm gonna cry no plats right now :( oh well...

Solid
01-02-2014, 06:08 PM
What about the weapons D:::::::::::::::

NUUUUUUUUHHHHHH

Haligali
01-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Ya no lvl36 wep in cs for weeks.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 4-el

Lostincali
01-02-2014, 06:18 PM
Of course.....right after I just opened 50 last night and got nothing...lol

Solid
01-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Ya no lvl36 wep in cs for weeks.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 4-el

Exactly, this never happened with mythic bows,

StS, please consider adding weapons to the event.

:D

Zanpakuto
01-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Shoot, maybe if I waited for this event I would have gotten something :grey:

Sibayjing
01-02-2014, 06:30 PM
What about mythic weapons? :| (This is what we need in game)

Anarchist
01-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Eh no you will never catch me with my trousers down Devs, i knew something like this was coming and kept lots of plats and might even open a couple of crates for fun :)

ruizerwin
01-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Cool will do my best

Lostincali
01-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Wish you would have relayed the info to me....lol :p

keikali
01-02-2014, 07:22 PM
lololol, first page.

papu
01-02-2014, 07:25 PM
sigh, not in the right time :(

Spyce
01-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Woot!

jhopper
01-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Hmmm guess I'll say thank you butttttttt.. Why not lvl 36 mythics weaps....

kingsmen
01-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Hi, Need help. Is there also a chance of dropping mythic/arcane eggs and/or items even if you are only level 26? Or level cap was the best level to open a crate?

Cero
01-02-2014, 10:41 PM
Hi, Need help. Is there also a chance of dropping mythic/arcane eggs and/or items even if you are only level 26? Or level cap was the best level to open a crate?

Arcane and mythics drop for any level, so yes you have a chance.

@double odds on eggs.

I think the cap is near since they arent including mythic weapons.
For a thought, if devs include mythic weapons and after few weeks or a month theyll raise the cap.
Many people would go rage quit. Well, this is just my assumption xD sts devs might have a better reason.

Taaraveo
01-02-2014, 10:45 PM
I accidentally bought 250 winter tokens on my 2nd character tsk tsk it cost 30 plats.... waaaaaaaaaah!

Solid
01-02-2014, 10:46 PM
Arcane and mythics drop for any level, so yes you have a chance.

@double odds on eggs.

I think the cap is near since they arent including mythic weapons.
For a thought, if devs include mythic weapons and after few weeks or a month theyll raise the cap.
Many people would go rage quit. Well, this is just my assumption xD sts devs might have a better reason.
We are very far from an event..

crotbilas
01-02-2014, 11:35 PM
awesome

Sokpuppet
01-02-2014, 11:57 PM
I generally love most of the things that STS does for us as AL players, and I hate to come off as "that guy" but am I the only one that sees this as STS trying to squeeze out every last dime from us at the last second? I'm not gonna lie, I'm more than a little upset about this. After hoarding crates for 2 months following helloween I finally opened up several hundred crates at the beginning of this event hoping to get the new arcane pet. As did many many other players who had been hoarding. STS is very well aware of this. Now that the amount of crates being opened has leveled off they throw this event into the fold to try to boost sales again quickly before the event ends. There's a very large amount of people who are left unable to buy plat and are now sitting without any locked crates that STS is hoping will start spending more in a desperate attempt to gamble on the locked crate lottery. It would be ridiculous for STS to deny it so in typical fashion they will choose to ignore any statements made that are similar to this one. I'm not going to go off about how I'll never play again, like most players seem to enjoy doing when they're upset, but I will carefully consider whether or not I will ever spend a dime on this game. I'm well aware that several players will berate me for this post and that's fine, but to believe that this is in any way a gift from STS to its players instead of a last minute money grab is extremely naive. I know STS has to make money, but at least do it in a way that isn't trying to drain every penny from your customers.

Zeus
01-03-2014, 12:19 AM
I generally love most of the things that STS does for us as AL players, and I hate to come off as "that guy" but am I the only one that sees this as STS trying to squeeze out every last dime from us at the last second? I'm not gonna lie, I'm more than a little upset about this. After hoarding crates for 2 months following helloween I finally opened up several hundred crates at the beginning of this event hoping to get the new arcane pet. As did many many other players who had been hoarding. STS is very well aware of this. Now that the amount of crates being opened has leveled off they throw this event into the fold to try to boost sales again quickly before the event ends. There's a very large amount of people who are left unable to buy plat and are now sitting without any locked crates that STS is hoping will start spending more in a desperate attempt to gamble on the locked crate lottery. It would be ridiculous for STS to deny it so in typical fashion they will choose to ignore any statements made that are similar to this one. I'm not going to go off about how I'll never play again, like most players seem to enjoy doing when they're upset, but I will carefully consider whether or not I will ever spend a dime on this game. I'm well aware that several players will berate me for this post and that's fine, but to believe that this is in any way a gift from STS to its players instead of a last minute money grab is extremely naive. I know STS has to make money, but at least do it in a way that isn't trying to drain every penny from your customers.

They're doing this because they had a very large and lengthy platinum sale. So, they're going to need an equally large platinum sink to drain that excess plat.

For them, customers having a surplus of platinum is never a good thing which is why events like these come around. :)

Limitational
01-03-2014, 01:10 AM
Typical lol... We pesture STS for a double odds for like 4 months and what do they do. give us Eggs. instead of what people really want. How about bringing back the razors/glaive/mythic staff.. Because right now merchers are making it impossible for people who dont spend $100 a week hoping for a arcane egg on this game a chance at having mythic daggers. ._.

At least you guys are listening I guess. Cheers for that STS

Int
01-03-2014, 01:14 AM
Fudge, better sell my slag egg quick :O

Pentavia
01-03-2014, 02:09 AM
No double odds for mythic and arcane weaps?

fritzce
01-03-2014, 02:16 AM
hory F!!! this is what i've been waiting for! :D

Anarchist
01-03-2014, 03:21 AM
I hate to come off as "that guy" but am I the only one that sees this as STS trying to squeeze out every last dime from us at the last second? I'm not gonna lie, I'm more than a little upset about this. After hoarding crates for 2 months following helloween I finally opened up several hundred crates at the beginning of this event hoping to get the new arcane pet. As did many many other players who had been hoarding. STS is very well aware of this. Now that the amount of crates being opened has leveled off they throw this event into the fold to try to boost sales again quickly before the event ends. There's a very large amount of people who are left unable to buy plat and are now sitting without any locked crates that STS is hoping will start spending more in a desperate attempt to gamble on the locked crate lottery. I'm not going to go off about how I'll never play again, like most players seem to enjoy doing when they're upset, but I will carefully consider whether or not I will ever spend a dime on this game. I'm well aware that several players will berate me for this post and that's fine, but to believe that this is in any way a gift from STS to its players instead of a last minute money grab is extremely naive. I know STS has to make money, but at least do it in a way that isn't trying to drain every penny from your customers.

Infact personally after the arlors vanities "magic" i see StS as just another game mob a difficult boss to beat, like for example bael you have to know when to attack, where to attack where and when to retreat. So spend your your plats wise and Plan everything don't be in haste, consider all posibilities when you mistake don't regret cause you tried your best.

KingMartin
01-03-2014, 04:06 AM
Nice :)

matanofx
01-03-2014, 04:11 AM
Wow sts you keep reminding me i should stop playing this game and try to understand the market when you keep messing it up time after time

Making it so stressful i have to quick buy asap sell no time to relax after i buy an expensive item cause it cud be worth 5 times less the very next day

Thnx for reminding me how pointless market observing is in this game yay -.- you guys are a money squeezing group

Haligali
01-03-2014, 06:41 AM
Wow sts you keep reminding me i should stop playing this game and try to understand the market when you keep messing it up time after time

Making it so stressful i have to quick buy asap sell no time to relax after i buy an expensive item cause it cud be worth 5 times less the very next day

Thnx for reminding me how pointless market observing is in this game yay -.- you guys are a money squeezing group

At one point during this event, there was 8-10 arcane eggs in cs for sale. Who want these pets, already bought them.

kixkaxx
01-03-2014, 06:46 AM
Typical lol... We pesture STS for a double odds for like 4 months and what do they do. give us Eggs. instead of what people really want. How about bringing back the razors/glaive/mythic staff.. Because right now merchers are making it impossible for people who dont spend $100 a week hoping for a arcane egg on this game a chance at having mythic daggers. ._.

At least you guys are listening I guess. Cheers for that STS

Right now if you go to pvp you can see most players have mythic weapons..there was a 2 week mythic weapon event, why you didn't buy them at that point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Haligali
01-03-2014, 06:52 AM
Right now if you go to pvp you can see most players have mythic weapons..there was a 2 week mythic weapon event, why you didn't buy them at that point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Maybe he cant afford that time. I have several friends, who looted eggs this event and wanna buy mythic weapons, but not at near arcane price.

Milan Lame Man
01-03-2014, 08:17 AM
Typical lol... We pesture STS for a double odds for like 4 months and what do they do. give us Eggs. instead of what people really want.
Since mythics double odds is what everybody wants, it is going to be the last thing we get, after all other kinds of sales are finished. Pretty obvious ;-)

Now that the amount of crates being opened has leveled off they throw this event into the fold to try to boost sales again quickly before the event ends.
I know STS has to make money, but at least do it in a way that isn't trying to drain every penny from your customers.
Honestly, to see someone complain about getting double odds is just silly.

Obviously the point of plat sales and double odds is to adjust STS's income, just like the adjustments of drop rates of various things adjust the economy (that is obviously happening, although not officially admitted AFAIK).
If nobody is spending (enough), STS will start an event... calling that "draining every penny" is a stretch.

Sokpuppet
01-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Since mythics double odds is what everybody wants, it is going to be the last thing we get, after all other kinds of sales are finished. Pretty obvious ;-)

Honestly, to see someone complain about getting double odds is just silly.

Obviously the point of plat sales and double odds is to adjust STS's income, just like the adjustments of drop rates of various things adjust the economy (that is obviously happening, although not officially admitted AFAIK).
If nobody is spending (enough), STS will start an event... calling that "draining every penny" is a stretch.

Winter content was already an event in itself. Players purchased LOTS of plat and opened a ton of crates. Double odds is not the thing I'm complaining about. The thing I'm complaining about is the timing of the event. They have an event so everyone will spend as much as they can afford to spend trying to get the new arcane pet, then after that begins to fizzle, they have another event to try to make sure people burn up the last of their plat reserves from the sale so they'll have to stock up on more. And by the way, because many people already spent the money they could afford at the beginning of this event, they won't be opening any crates now. They aren't receiving double odds on anything...

Sorcerie
01-03-2014, 09:21 AM
I asked for Slag and Ripmaw in the stable and I get double odds on eggs in locked. smh

I guess I'll keep waiting zzzZZZZ...

sosukes
01-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Thanks but opened all my locked days ago.

crotbilas
01-03-2014, 10:35 AM
can`t wait hehehehe come on update sts

matanofx
01-03-2014, 10:37 AM
At one point during this event, there was 8-10 arcane eggs in cs for sale. Who want these pets, already bought them.

Not true... fact is when items get rare they get more pricey, cud have said that about sam when it was 18m in auc but then more people wanted it and it sold for 25m easily

You can deny it all you want but sts is playing with the market way too much lately, they need to chill and let it be stable for a while

Not bringing new items and boom! 1 week later those items are now suddenly double odds -.-

EDIT- Like it wasnt enough that whim (arcane rarity egg) was dropping at a much faster rate than a regular arcane rarity item, probably due to it being an event egg, now they double odd it.. just proving it wasnt their first intention but just a way to squeeze the very last plats people bought during the sale just like zeus said

TuMadreee
01-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Mythics are the new Legendarys! Yay!

TheMightyFeusalet
01-03-2014, 11:51 AM
I hope the lockess will go up!

Zeus
01-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Honestly, if you're looking to merch... that's why I never long term hold onto anything new. You do not know what will happen to it, so better sell it off now while you can!

I bought a whim egg at 20m. Could I have merched it? Sure, but I opened it. Even if they drop to 15m, I could care less. I opened mine, have been enjoying it, and even broke a record with it.

All this event means is more good gear for everybody! The arcane egg market was getting rather ridiculous and needed something to tone it down.

sosukes
01-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Gonna pass on this one but a huge lesson learned for next one.

CuteEmoGirl
01-03-2014, 01:49 PM
I've opened almost 70 locked creates and got absolutely nothing! How is that even possible? These guys have a great racket going to keep you buying platinum

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Remiem
01-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Hey guys. We're definitely hearing you, and can understand your frustration. While the double odds event comes just a little too late for some of you, we started it in response to player comments expressing equal frustration that they had been playing throughout the event and hadn't gotten the pet they were hoping for. Even at double odds, opening locked crates is a gamble. This event is meant to give players that last chance to get them before the event ends on Monday. We appreciate all of your feedback and are taking your comments into consideration for the future.

Seluna
01-03-2014, 02:37 PM
They raised our hopes about this update but they nerf crates drop rate by a lot like 80% lower in KM3. U must use elixir on top of lep to have few crate drops.

Very disappointed.

Please take this into consideration as well as soon as possible.

Lostincali
01-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Guys you have to remember like they said above, it may be double odds, its still a gamble. Notice how they never tell you what the percentage is. I opened my last crate today. I was lucky and got a replacement ripmaw egg for the one that the lag made me accidentally open, but out of 90 crates that is all I received worth while. I hope others have better luck!

phillyr
01-03-2014, 03:01 PM
Spent all plats and opened many locked already -.- but thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mild Screams
01-03-2014, 04:36 PM
I opened up 270 locks and the best thing i got was a Lunar Pendant which is worth 500k, not cool. I am so upset. I understand its a gamble but at 270 locks i should of got something worth my money. I don't know what else to say, but don't spend real money on this game like i did. Just play with what you can earn in the game and learn from my mistake.

Morholt
01-04-2014, 01:39 AM
Guys you have to remember like they said above, it may be double odds, its still a gamble. Notice how they never tell you what the percentage is. I opened my last crate today. I was lucky and got a replacement ripmaw egg for the one that the lag made me accidentally open, but out of 90 crates that is all I received worth while. I hope others have better luck!If you hatched just recently, email support and they'll take him out of your stable and replace the egg. At least, if you haven't used him yet. I don't know if they'll replace a used pet.

@sokpuppet: when I logged on tonight and read the update, I just thought to myself, "hmm, sts is making one final push for platinum sales, I see. And Whim is confirmed to be discontinued."

@moderator13: errrmmm, the only egg I've really seen people complaining about not being able to loot throughout the event is the one that didn't get double odds: Breezaga. Should doubled that pet's odds, if this update is truly to help players get the eggs they want.

...I would bet lots of platinum would be spent on Tarlok portals, too.

Haligali
01-04-2014, 09:38 AM
Are the chances really doubled now? On last double chance weekend mythic weapons drop like rain.

NumbeddebmuN
01-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Are the chances really doubled now? On last double chance weekend mythic weapons drop like rain.

nah... i dived deeper into total of 650 crates... still no sign of arcane at all... this is called double chance?

Morholt
01-04-2014, 02:27 PM
You guys should keep in mind that double arcane odds are likely still much lower than normal mythic odds.

Double arcane odds sounds appealing to your ears, but don't let that fool you. :P

otb
01-04-2014, 09:18 PM
So when will this "DOUBLE ODDS" event, exactly end?

Haligali
01-05-2014, 12:12 AM
nah... i dived deeper into total of 650 crates... still no sign of arcane at all... this is called double chance?

Any mythic eggs? It strange there is the same amount in cs like before this event.

moot
01-05-2014, 02:11 AM
Haha..double odds for egg means if the normal chance is 0.0000000001%, then this weekend will be 0.0000000002%. Still small chance.

Inachos
01-05-2014, 05:06 AM
Haha..double odds for egg means if the normal chance is 0.0000000001%, then this weekend will be 0.0000000002%. Still small chance.

Lol

Aiyarog
01-05-2014, 09:12 AM

+++++++++++++++

Aiyarog
01-05-2014, 09:16 AM
+++

Vegard Herring
01-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Could my divice and account "shakeyotummy" possibly get unbanned? I will miss the event:/

oxu
01-05-2014, 03:21 PM
pure scam .... 300 open locked = 0 egg arcane 0 egg mythic 0 egg legendary 0 euro on my card .

Third theft - scams that I receive a promotion weekend :

First - weekend ofert new weapon mythics ::::: 450 lockeds opened .::::: 0 new weapon mythic ( oxu )

Second - weekend ofert double items arcane hammerj ::::::230 lockeds opened :::: 0 items and egg (my twink)

Third - weekend ofert double p eggs arcane and mythics ::::: 300 lockeds opened :::: 0 eggs ( my twink )

I definitely will think about if I leave the game, and'll give away all my treasures and gold
I have spent hundreds of euros from lvl 31, but I still have the same equipment, now I'm just a noob lvl 36, thanks for the scam, programmers.

Steverd
01-05-2014, 03:34 PM
I've gotten Two Ethyl Eggs and a ton of 2000 GOLD.
What really sucks is how many times I get 2,000 gold, 2000 gold and 2000 gold all from one chest.
That's what I got the most of.

Steverd
01-05-2014, 03:38 PM
You guys should keep in mind that double arcane odds are likely still much lower than normal mythic odds.

YES, when you double current odds like 0.0001 to 0.0002, it's still just as bad.

Khylan
01-05-2014, 06:47 PM
I quit opening crates a while back.
Honestly the best way to get the mechanics of the locked crates changed would be for several people to email the US Dept. of Justice complaining that games of chance for "valuable" virtual items are employed and specifically target minors. It's illegal in Japan...compugacha (http://www.insidemobileapps.com/2012/05/18/japan-officially-declares-lucractive-kompu-gacha-practice-illegal-in-social-games/)

Whim Egg is selling for 23 million. It is only available through locked crates. Since Arcane items are only available through crates, and can be sold in the CS for gold which can be purchased with real money the Whim egg is worth $1215 USD at its current market value.

The gold cap was raised to benefit STS. Crates are a game of chance and addictive. If the gold cap was still 10 mill, players would be able to spend much less to get Arcane items. If Arcane items were available directly for say, 1000 platinum, players would not gamble for it.

oxu
01-06-2014, 05:21 AM
I quit opening crates a while back.
Honestly the best way to get the mechanics of the locked crates changed would be for several people to email the US Dept. of Justice complaining that games of chance for "valuable" virtual items are employed and specifically target minors. It's illegal in Japan...compugacha (http://www.insidemobileapps.com/2012/05/18/japan-officially-declares-lucractive-kompu-gacha-practice-illegal-in-social-games/)

Whim Egg is selling for 23 million. It is only available through locked crates. Since Arcane items are only available through crates, and can be sold in the CS for gold which can be purchased with real money the Whim egg is worth $1215 USD at its current market value.

The gold cap was raised to benefit STS. Crates are a game of chance and addictive. If the gold cap was still 10 mill, players would be able to spend much less to get Arcane items. If Arcane items were available directly for say, 1000 platinum, players would not gamble for it.

i agree....... arcane legend stopped being an entertaining game, and happened to be an addictive casino, where your power to be outstanding, you bet your money on roulette of lockeds where the odds of success are 0.00001. fraud in the making ... (Blurred casino with digital color brushes - for children-lol) should not be enough profit - payment to improve with platinum ... without the lockeds scam

Hectororius
01-06-2014, 10:24 AM
I know a guy that looted Glacian, Hammerjaw and Slag this weekend. must be working

keikali
01-06-2014, 10:29 AM
I know a guy that looted Glacian, Hammerjaw and Slag this weekend. must be working

We obviously know the same guy.

Also no one is forcing anyone to open locked crates. Since the beginning when they were introduced they were always a gamble. You open them at your own risk. If it was all so easy then everyone would be billionaires by now.

You could have easily saved up all those locked and sell them for a profit during events like these and long behold you would probably have enough saved up to buy Mythics! or even ARCANES!

Lostincali
01-06-2014, 10:56 AM
Thanks Morhult, but unfortunately I already was screwing around with ripmaw and he has leveled to 7. I will keep that in mind for the future as I am sure the lag of this game will cause another mistake. :sulkiness:

eeknoh
01-06-2014, 01:16 PM
We obviously know the same guy.

Also no one is forcing anyone to open locked crates. Since the beginning when they were introduced they were always a gamble. You open them at your own risk. If it was all so easy then everyone would be billionaires by now.

You could have easily saved up all those locked and sell them for a profit during events like these and long behold you would probably have enough saved up to buy Mythics! or even ARCANES!

The only real problem I have with these events(or locked crates in general for that matter) is Stg promotes them with the intent of making people feel like it is either likely, or you have a good chance at these items. Neither of which is even close to true.. double odds is a double joke.

True story: 13 year old kid I know BEGGED his parents for plat for Christmas, that's seriously all he wanted, to open crates. He just knew he'd get something good. They bought him 2 bundles(3400 for him). He got NOTHING. This absolutely devastated him. This game is supposed to be for kids, and while I'm aware many adults play, stg should make it -clearer- that no matter how many crates you open you aren't guaranteed anything. Instead of promoting it how they do.

Kakashis
01-06-2014, 02:19 PM
pure scam .... 300 open locked = 0 egg arcane 0 egg mythic 0 egg legendary 0 euro on my card .

Third theft - scams that I receive a promotion weekend :

First - weekend ofert new weapon mythics ::::: 450 lockeds opened .::::: 0 new weapon mythic ( oxu )

Second - weekend ofert double items arcane hammerj ::::::230 lockeds opened :::: 0 items and egg (my twink)

Third - weekend ofert double p eggs arcane and mythics ::::: 300 lockeds opened :::: 0 eggs ( my twink )

I definitely will think about if I leave the game, and'll give away all my treasures and gold
I have spent hundreds of euros from lvl 31, but I still have the same equipment, now I'm just a noob lvl 36, thanks for the scam, programmers.

I definately feel your pain as I've had my share in opening during the days of the hooks. If you should quit, send anything my way :p

The only real problem I have with these events(or locked crates in general for that matter) is Stg promotes them with the intent of making people feel like it is either likely, or you have a good chance at these items. Neither of which is even close to true.. double odds is a double joke.

True story: 13 year old kid I know BEGGED his parents for plat for Christmas, that's seriously all he wanted, to open crates. He just knew he'd get something good. They bought him 2 bundles(3400 for him). He got NOTHING. This absolutely devastated him. This game is supposed to be for kids, and while I'm aware many adults play, stg should make it -clearer- that no matter how many crates you open you aren't guaranteed anything. Instead of promoting it how they do.

Ouch! That beats out my sob story for sure! I too knew some people that worked extra shifts right before Christmas holidays so that they could get the whim egg and mythic eggs. 1000 crates later didn't even get one mythic item! That's right, not even one and he sold off his mythic ring and amulet plus used all the proceeds of the crate 2000gold x3 to buy more crates so he was left way worse than he started. The worst part of the story is that he sold his remaining crates to his friend and within 8 crates, they and looted a glacian! Life's not fair and crates are a gamble.:dejection: Know your limit and live within it!

Abelgaval
01-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Report scam it's a sarcastic in game when the really scam is the developers.

Same here, I'll open 220 creates at the finish of this "double odd" and get nothing!

I know it's my choice expend my money in this form, I know it's a random probability of loot something good, but wtf? If I don't get nothing open 220locked sts lost credibility.

They will be reward all the people that's don't loot nothing. Like another studios, like rockstar studios do it whit GTA Online, and to much studios reward the customers.

Ixyris
01-06-2014, 02:38 PM

These parents need to be banned from real life ! What kind of present is to buy plats? Parents that support gambling to a 13 years old guy!? O.o

eeknoh
01-06-2014, 03:27 PM
These parents need to be banned from real life ! What kind of present is to buy plats? Parents that support gambling to a 13 years old guy!? O.o

I don't know for sure, but I doubt they know exactly what he was using it for.

KingMartin
01-06-2014, 03:55 PM
Interesting that this thread has not been closed yet :)

Well, me and my kids opened about 120 crates (changed accounts and toons to diversify the time luck slot) this weekend and besides some plats got nothing. Already before I said I will never ever open crates, but limited availability of the new pet and double odds made me change the decision and of course the decision was wrong.

It's not only platinums - opportunity cost of opening of 120 crates is about 2M. So effectively I lost about 1500 plats (i got some back) and about 2M. Not very motivating.

EDIT,

I popped 20 more just before shutdown and got Mage Helm. But then again no Brothers, awww :(

Morholt
01-06-2014, 05:09 PM

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2My guess is that if they bought him the platinum, they can afford giving him a nice house & clothes, too, to the point that giving him clothes would be pointless because they can afford to buy him new things all year round.

Real world gambling would be wrong (although, I think the parents would be doing a good job if their kid could count cards effectively & know odds of hitting for every given situation...); however, this isn't real world gambling. In gambling, you are able to make back real, tangible things--like actual money. In this...you can't. It's just a bunch of pixels. Sts could pull the plug on the game any moment they wanted to and wouldn't owe a single person a dime. Again, the gift wasn't even gambling. It was platinum. His parents gave sts money and sts gave them an item (for the lack of a better word)--platinum. His parents bought him a gift that he wanted. What he did with it was then up to him. He could've gotten elixirs. He could've gotten mythic pets. He could've turned it to gold. He chose to use it to chance opening lockeds. It's not much different if he used the platinum to get gold, got new gear with that gold & lots of potions, and then farmed elites until he was out of potions, all the while he didn't get a single good drop.

Bad parenting? HELL NO!
At least his parents listened to his wants and got him it, rather than going, "you're a dumb kid. We aren't getting you that. We're getting you something that we want to get you! Like gift cards to places you barely even go to! That's a good present, you lousy kid, who doesn't even know what to like & want!" (see, that's bad parenting)

Really, giving him platinum is supporting him gambling?
By that logic, any time a parent gives their child some money, they are supporting them gambling because the child now has the means to gamble/make bets with classmates.

Ixyris
01-07-2014, 05:35 AM
Really, giving him platinum is supporting him gambling?
By that logic, any time a parent gives their child some money, they are supporting them gambling because the child now has the means to gamble/make bets with classmates.

Maybe im an old-style guy but for Christmas I prefere a present made "from the heart" than virtual coins.

Lostincali
01-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Ok so I know it is my choice to gamble on locked crates, but here is my beef. If I spend 500 dollars on opening crates which pays for the game and development I feel that is ridiculous that someone who downloads 1 or 2 free plat apps somehow gets better items than I do. Anyhow I just wanted to throw that out there as I am sure there are others who feel the same way.