PDA

View Full Version : Uses for Gold?

Jaxan
05-04-2010, 08:41 AM
I've accumulated alot of gold, probably like alot of other players here. Along the way to lvl 30, I did use them to buy potions and gear along the way, but still have alot of excess. Not complaining, but just wish there was something I could use it for.

I know some folks have suggested being able to buy plat with gold, which would be great for us players, but not so great for the loss of income to the devs and possible farmers. But maybe there can be some future implementation for the use of gold to buy fun items/gear/emotes. Such as costumes, designer armor or hand held items (that may or may not have any stats attached to them) but would be cool to put on and wear in towne to strut your stuff. Some other ideas could be mounts for riding in game, or some new variety of potions (ex. rez potions?)

Just some food for thought. I know you guys are hard at work as it is to develop an even better game, as seen with the multitude of updates/patches. Much appreciated.

Silentreaper
05-04-2010, 11:47 AM
I've accumulated alot of gold, probably like alot of other players here. Along the way to lvl 30, I did use them to buy potions and gear along the way, but still have alot of excess. Not complaining, but just wish there was something I could use it for.

I know some folks have suggested being able to buy plat with gold, which would be great for us players, but not so great for the loss of income to the devs and possible farmers. But maybe there can be some future implementation for the use of gold to buy fun items/gear/emotes. Such as costumes, designer armor or hand held items (that may or may not have any stats attached to them) but would be cool to put on and wear in towne to strut your stuff. Some other ideas could be mounts for riding in game, or some new variety of potions (ex. rez potions?)

Just some food for thought. I know you guys are hard at work as it is to develop an even better game, as seen with the multitude of updates/patches. Much appreciated.

I completely agree with this 100% of the way but i would also like to add like other games maybe some sorta thing to go along with the secure trading system, add where we can offer gold for other's items, i think itll really help start to keep the gold flowing from person to person, instead of just stacking up in my cave i have hidden in the forest next to the towne, i mean i might need to invest ina dragon soon to protect all of it from the "jewel theives" and "burglars" lol Yea totally should try and implement some other uses into the gold. Thanks again for all your hard work guys, i think i speak for everyone when i say we are impressed by the things that are getting done in-game.

Dilarus
05-04-2010, 12:52 PM
yeah totaly, im very glad at how quick the devs approach problems and how the game is shaping up, i too have a hoard of gold and would like somewhere for it to go, i would totally buy a resurrection potion even if they were 1000 gold apiece, but maybe thats my riches talking. Im also in favor of extras for your character to wear or a handheld teddybear/flower/bag etc, just because. An auction house would be awesome, but its early days, as you guys said its food for thought

BestHyun
05-04-2010, 05:56 PM
i think itll be fine once full trading comes out. like maplestory, theres no big use for mesos other than to buy/sell items to other players.

FeralDruid
05-04-2010, 06:08 PM
You can swim in it like Scrooge McDuck does!

Beermon
05-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Pets and housing should help you dump your extra gold and they are on the roadmap.

Theremin
05-24-2010, 06:06 AM
Those options are all very nice.

I must admit that I, too, was disenchanted to find out that at the current level cap (35) there is no use for the in game currency beyond purchasing consumables, and buying lower level gear.

I would like to see the in game currency become more useful. Like, for example, I kind of think it's excessive that a person has to pay for character respecs with platinum. I mean, I can understand that the Dev's need to make their paper and everything, but to me that borders on excessive and limits the playability of a player's character if they opt not to pay with platinum. The Dev's already got it covered for the average person who wants to purchase gold in game, thereby (hopefully) eliminating the need for gold sellers, and such - why charge for character stat / spec rerolls? Why charge for extra bank slots? I can see charging for the extra character slots, because as it stands now the server populations are not balanced, but if a player makes a mistake with their skill points or "talent points," why shouldn't they be allowed to pay to fix the error or test run a new spec/build with the in game currency?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be "cheap." I've made my "platinum donations" here and there, but I just can't justify the purchase of gold in game (in exchange for a platinum purchase, mind you) at the moment since I can get it rather easily by running the dungeons, and vendoring items I don't need.

Sayishere
05-24-2010, 08:07 AM
it will be useful when secure trading comes along and even further along the line, the auction house

Eldallan
05-24-2010, 04:11 PM
One extra use for gold will be buying elixirs which are due to release with 1.2
They will boost speed, experience, armor, strength.

CalumS
05-24-2010, 09:30 PM
I agree so much !! I think you should change real momey to gold because as a player like me I don't have enough money to keep on blowing it. Can I you please change it to gold I don't mean to be but your making this game all worth money. I thought pvp was going be free but now it's worth platnuim ?? Come on please I really love this game but I think you'll lose players if you keep the not so good pricing. But keep ul the good work I can't wait for all the new stuff but try and make it free :D please .

nerdherd
05-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Please work more than full-time for free! I know I like working for free... :)