PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorm for new class

Solid Scorpion
01-02-2014, 11:48 PM
So I can see that PL got two new classes (ranger and paladin), and I suggest STS to add some to SL too. Of course, since SL is different from PL the classes would be different too.

Commencing brainstorm

Sniper

The original idea is of course from...scorn snipers. But of course this class won't be able to one hit kill everything like the scorn snipers. However, as the name suggest, this class can do massive dmg in one hit, with much better hit rate. The unfortunate drawback would be low armor and slow atk speed.

Base stat: 5 str, 1 dex, 3 int.

Role: single target nuke.

More ideas coming up. Post below if you have ideas too.

ZeroBlu
01-03-2014, 12:11 AM
Haha I guess you can say a sniper is kinda like a op... but i guess the thing is you could make them really squishy (very weak armor and low dodge) also another thing with the sniper is that have their attacks be very slow so that they can just go rushing a room and killing everyone (but if theyre really squishy prob cant do that.)

Solid Scorpion
01-03-2014, 06:53 AM
I realized that too, so this idea is suspended :p

Especially when I realized that op can literally be a sniper...

ZeroBlu
01-05-2014, 12:30 AM
Hm well like they did in PL make a Paladin type class in SL one who also has the job of a commando (tanking) but unlike having huge armor buffs and health maybe they should have increased dodge and health but with super low damage...

Solid Scorpion
01-05-2014, 03:57 AM
Hm well like they did in PL make a Paladin type class in SL one who also has the job of a commando (tanking) but unlike having huge armor buffs and health maybe they should have increased dodge and health but with super low damage...

I personally find rhino (paladin) and fox (ranger) redundant, isn't paladin basically a bear with heals(which elfs already could take care of) and crappy dmg, and ranger a dagger-bird with different skills (and jumps)?

Give ops two lightsabers and poof! ranger.
As for heals, leave it to the engs, they have 2 heals, beats elf+rhino combined (transference :O).

ZeroBlu
01-05-2014, 02:42 PM
I personally find rhino (paladin) and fox (ranger) redundant, isn't paladin basically a bear with heals(which elfs already could take care of) and crappy dmg, and ranger a dagger-bird with different skills (and jumps)?

Give ops two lightsabers and poof! ranger.
As for heals, leave it to the engs, they have 2 heals, beats elf+rhino combined (transference :O).

Very true... Hm... Adding a new class would need something completely different from the other classes...

Dragoonclaws
01-14-2014, 03:18 PM
Sniper idea is not bad. We just need to think about their importance to the game.

For example:
eng are the only ones who can group heal massively. They do revive too.
ops are the only ones who can hack doors and disarm scorn mines. They cant strike mines btw, even when walking on it.
com are really good tanks... honestly I haven't experienced the com char... so..

Anyways, the point is that if you want a new class, that class needs to be important. What would sniper do special?

What does a sniper do that other class can't?

If you can answer this question... you got your new class.

Slant
01-15-2014, 07:08 AM
droid

Hellcurse
01-18-2014, 03:23 AM
sniper...hmmm, thats basically a kiting op LAWL .__."
what STG should REALLY do is balanced out all the classes in end game PVP

Justin Sim
01-20-2014, 05:16 AM
If there is a sniper class introduced it would suck in pvp

Castiel
01-22-2014, 09:35 PM
Technician

A class which can SUMMON robots, drones and etc...
Almost every RPG game has some kind of summoner.

Caieges
01-26-2014, 03:00 PM
Technician

Then it will be LOL in pvp...

Castiel
01-27-2014, 02:35 AM
Then it will be LOL in pvp...

Not necessarily.

Jedi_Joe
01-27-2014, 04:59 PM
If you can find a PvP match! :bee:

Uizabu
01-28-2014, 09:35 AM
I Think Thats idea is Good Because Sniper Skill can shoot 1 Shoot For High Chance Critical Like Scorn Sniper 1 Shoots 1 Kill And Add Some Skill Like Killerstreak

xroxinex
02-27-2014, 04:51 PM
*robot class
*super hero class (can have shoot fire lightning etc.
from their hands without gloves,etc
*that's about it

Warlord0520
02-27-2014, 05:33 PM
Technician

Class: Summoner
Ability: summons beasts from the hive, of even robots to deal damage and heal teammates
Ability 2: Increases armor of whole group by (x) amount
Ability 3: Able to revive pets, group, but with minimum health and decreased amount of damage.
Ability 4: Can siphon life from his/her pets to heal, but at a very low amount of health.
Ability 5: Increases groups primary statistic by (x) amount
Ability 6: can zap enemies and conduct lightning to fall from the sky doing a lot of damage, and minimum damage over time.
Mainhand: engineer claws, light weapon

Class: Trickster
Weapons: Light gun, Shield
Ability: Sets a trap, once triggered deals fire, poised, or shadow damage, and low chance at healing the trickster.
Ability 2: Mirrors an image of the trickster, once fired upon, every shot fired at the "fake" mirror heals the trickster.
Ability 3: Increases speed and dexterity by a small amount at the same time.
Ability 4: creates a shield around the player increasing dodge by a small amount, and recovers small amount of mana.
Ability 5: Duplicates him/herself into 3 separate AI's which can fight and protect him/her for a short period of time, while active, one minion does fire damage, one does poison, and one does shadow.
Ability 6: Conducts a tornado which can attack enemies and suck them in only for 2 seconds, but affects their movement speed afterwards for a short period of time.

DivineMyth
02-28-2014, 11:14 AM
this ideas tho o.O

xroxinex
02-28-2014, 01:00 PM
Y'all r stealin meh ideas

xroxinex
02-28-2014, 01:02 PM
How about a class with op Eng and com mixed together wear any armor and guns

DivineMyth
03-03-2014, 11:20 AM
How about a class with op Eng and com mixed together wear any armor and guns

no.

Zodiarck
03-06-2014, 08:50 PM
much simpler to take of class armor lock, and we need swords forget guns to many .-. not a fresh idea, now a close combat sword class that would be nice

Dragoonclaws
03-07-2014, 02:40 AM
much simpler to take of class armor lock, and we need swords forget guns to many .-. not a fresh idea, now a close combat sword class that would be nice

You ll need high dodge with that... high damage and low crit

high HP, medium mana,

Zodiarck
03-08-2014, 02:02 PM
seems about right well balanced so it's not overpowered, giving it something to work with, add in a little buff boost to tie with each class