PDA

View Full Version : Elitism....

Messiyah
11-22-2010, 07:55 AM
I hit level 50 over the weekend. I didn't have any high level friends, to plvl me, and I didn't jump into dungeons which were higher than i should be in.

I actually went through the game, as it was supposed to be played.

I done this out of courtesy to other gamers, and also because i find that you learn to play your char alot better this way.

Now that i hit level 50, i farmed all weekend to try and get some cosmos gear, or some money to buy some from the AH.

After maybe 100 runs through Crush the Keeper, managed to kill him twice. No-one ever wants to kill him. Fine, i understand alot of people use this map for levelling and money.

After maybe 50 runs through Gurgox's map, killed him maybe 2 times, because others kept giving up.

After maybe 10 runs through Overlords map, didn't kill him at all, because i was the only level 50, and the others were twinks or level 47+.

I have been booted out of every single 'Victory Lap' group, for no reason ( except maybe i don't know the ppl in the group ).

I am lost as to how a new player is supposed to get money, or gear, if they are not able to get into groups once they hit max level.

What am i doing wrong ?

~M~

Lesrider
11-22-2010, 08:01 AM
First of all, stick to victory lap if you've unlocked it. No point in clearing all the other stages for nothing.
Then, make your own victory lap game. Invite any lvl 50s on your friends list, have them invite others. Or just wait a bit and see if others show up. Joining random games is risky -- I prefer to make my own or join a friend's. Also, as you get better at it, you'll be able to be more selective if you're the host. Can boot anyone you don't like.

Arterra
11-22-2010, 08:01 AM
I take pleasure in going into a keeper map after all the xp-ers are done, and then calling in friends to finish it off.
add Sangaroh, lets farm.

Lesrider
11-22-2010, 08:03 AM
Btw, how did you make it to 50 without making any friends? Talk to people a bit while you play, and add ones who are half decent to your list...

Messiyah
11-22-2010, 09:00 AM
tks for the tips guys.

and of course i made friends along the way.

Maybe i am just a bit more hard-core a gamer than most of my levelling friends, as i out levelled them very fast. Alot of them are still level 30-40 and i still help run them through some maps.

Clearly though, at this stage i would like to try and improve my own char more now, so hopefully will try to start forming Victory Lap games/party's

~M~

FluffNStuff
11-22-2010, 11:00 AM
I was in a group yesterday in keepers, and everyone left except me and a level 40 Mage. As a tank, I took up agro and 'hid' in crosswalk, while the Mage attacked. Took forever, but we were able to kill the keeper just the two of us. Point is, don't give up just cause some people bail.

Misfitz
11-22-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm almost 48 now and was in quite a lot of random Keeper map groups. It didn't happen very often that people bailed before killing him. Let's say 80% of the times people try - and since the update it usually worked out well. So don't give up, random groups with nice and decent people do exist :)
(Maybe it's a timezone thing, I'm GMT +4 and I play in my morning and late night)