PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with you guys ?

Typhee
11-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Hi,

I went to Captive Audience, another bear were with me. Soon, 3 mages joined ; Parawkz, Humma and Xiaojim. We cleared middle, then Jailers. With the other bear and one mage we went to clear right side and then I noticed that Humma and Xioajim were clearing way to boss. We asked them to come back to help. They didn't they just wait we clear to 12 remains and then they engaged the T-Paxx without waiting us. We arrived just in time to get loots.

I said that if I was the host I would boot. Xiaojim replied that if he was GM he would ban me !?!? For what reason ? Because I asked a hand to clear instead of them staying at boss room doing nothing ?

I'm tired of this kind of behavior. It's unfair, unfriendly and selfish. You wouldn't be happy if it happened to you.

It's like the other guy, Omnisomething, a bird, that harrassed me a bunch of time to buy my Void armor. I said, many time, I'm using it, so I'm not selling or trading it. Each time he replied : Kid! This is provocation and harrassment.

Another example, I joined Sweetieheart's game and he booted me...
I've tried to explain that guy he should boot me with a better reason than : "S" or ask me to leave...

He said "d" was a good enough as boot reason and all that things are virtual anyway.

I said he was wrong because there's humans behind the screen, so he told me something like Shut the Fck up!!!!!

Why are you acting like that, what do you win being a jerk with others ???

SnowGoon
11-22-2010, 08:36 AM
its live,.,.

Balonia
11-22-2010, 08:51 AM
There are a lot of jerks in the game. My suggestion is to make sure and friend those people who aren't and try to play with them often. When I run out of people, I will go to a lower level (although against power leveling) and help someone out, give tips, armor, weapons etc. And those people are usually forever cool. Kinda like molding a team player. As for the boot with s. That usually means sorry. They only want the few they have in the game for loot purposes. Of course they should lock it.... But it used to be boot and they couldn't give a reason. That sucked. The fact that they said "s" meaning sorry did say something.

Typhee
11-22-2010, 08:53 AM
Clap ! That make sense. Just continue to be jerk with each others, it's nice and fun because, it's life...

Typhee
11-22-2010, 08:55 AM
@Balonia Tyvm for the explanation ;)

IamCoemToKillU
11-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Not to bash anyones head with name calling, but its usually like this:
There are n3rds and there are normal people

the rest is self explanatory...or not

groups with different interests cannot socialize. If you're not a n3rdling you cannot be 1337 in game (not 100% true but close).

Balonia
11-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Lol lol
Lol lol
So who are the jerks? The nerds or normal people? Lol

IamCoemToKillU
11-22-2010, 09:01 AM
each group to the other;)

Lesrider
11-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Yeah there are a lot of jerks. But if you make some friends and weed out the jerks, in time you'll have a nice friends list of people you can rely on not to be jerks :). Just try to move on after encounters like these and rmemebertheir names so you don't bother playing with them again. And make your own locked games! I can't stress this enough - make your own games so you can boot jerks! That way they can't bother you. And they're the one's losing out, bc eventually no one will play with them but their jerk friends.

Lesrider
11-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Btw are you talking about Omniwalker? I've had some strange encounters with him as well.

Oh and I now instantly ignore anyone who tries to buy my clothes off my back. If I didn't say I'm selling it, then it's not for sale, so stop asking. I find it rude for people to try to buy the clothes off my back. Sometimes I'll let it go the first time and pretend I didn't hear them. If they continue to ask, though, they go on my ignore list. There are so many people in this game who don't have basic social skills and I'm not going to be th one to teach it to them.

Derajdefyre
11-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Why would you boot people for loot purposes? Is loot better if you win with less people?

Arterra
11-22-2010, 09:29 AM
no same chance no matter who is on. individual loot rolls.

they are just noobish jerks

Lesrider
11-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Why would you boot people for loot purposes? Is loot better if you win with less people?

Oh jeez please don't start a rumor like that. Even just asking is bound to convince someone that this is the case.
I'm sure people who do that are just being mean, no other reason behind it.

Balonia
11-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Lol when I said loot purposes, I meant those who go in a group and only trade and sell amongst themselves.

MoarPewPew
11-22-2010, 09:56 AM
I ignore people that boot me with a lame reason.
If it's a legit reason then I understand.

Typhee
11-22-2010, 10:06 AM
You right Lesrider, I'll do the same. Beggers, scammers, jerks and all others that are annoying me in game will go to my ignore. I won't even reply. I'm not there to teach them social skills neither... Tyvm for your reply ^^.

Justg
11-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Ignore is a great tool :)

Typhee
11-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Yep but that's sad, I like MMOs to meet the others. So what is the interest of these people to play such games if the want to be alone or just to be mean with others ? I'll just ignore since now. Maybe you can have to leaderboard the peeps that are ignoring the most. So I'll get a chance to be on it LOL

Lesrider
11-22-2010, 10:15 AM

Don't know what I'd do without it!

Snakespeare
11-22-2010, 10:18 AM
In every group the people who choose the lazy way will find it. It is true that when a group is small and everyone knows each other, it is possible to apply social pressure to curtail short cutters. But whenever a group gets too big, you have to have rules. I now some studies say that 70 is the size where things change. We have 70 times 70, so in he wild this many people would form a government. But it is not the wild, it is a virtual community, and the only government is the benevolent intentions of the devs.

This does work in our favor because, for the most part, these devs want to avoid interfering in social situations.

That means we have to out up with jerks, and just live and learn. They are not going to change. They will grow up into adult jerks. So best come up with a good ignore strategy now.

I feel your frustration because I am the same, but there isn't much we can do. It is like weather and you have to have an umbrella in case it rains.

MoarPewPew
11-22-2010, 10:21 AM

I know right!?

Typhee
11-22-2010, 10:25 AM
It is like weather and you have to have an umbrella in case it rains.

It's exactly what I have to learn. I have to accept and deal with that and to find an umbrella... Tyvm, it helps a lot ;)

CanonicalKoi
11-22-2010, 11:50 AM
The ignore button is definitely your friend. And I'm with Lesrider--if I wanted to sell my bow, it'd be in the CS or I'd be standing around saying "S>Sunblessed Bow". I'm not and it's not for sale or trade and even "Pleaaaase?" or "Pls????" isn't going to help. Buh-bye.

Lesrider
11-22-2010, 11:58 AM
We had a guy last night (who turned out to be all allaround bad player) who was trying to buy someone's void set off of them WHILE we were fighting mobs!! And the person already said no five times, but the guy just kept asking. Spam while playing is bad enough, but begging while battling?? Ugh. Won't be inviting him back...

Lesrider
11-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Oh and I've tried his once and once only -- someone asked for I think my shock lance a while back -- so I said "ok, 1 mill." Then they tried to trade with me, so I figured I'd see what happens. Of course they just offered me crap pinks. So I never tried that again -- I just simply ignore.

Arterra
11-22-2010, 12:34 PM
heh someone asked about my conq shock lance. i was in battle so just said idk CS check?

he offered 30k and some lv45 thoth armor... :/ lol

juhnken773
11-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Lol I'll make sure to give those list off pol the back of my hand. :)

I'm the nicest guy in town.

The newbies even called me robinhood of pl.
But I don't steal from other pros lol.

Add me if ya wanna do peaceful runs

FluffNStuff
11-22-2010, 12:51 PM
I don't want to talk about their rudeness because that has been covered but I do want to address Captive Audience Strategy and they did have ~something~ right. When you go up the middle, it is best to clear right to the boss room right after you kill the jailers, and kill the adds, then clear out and continue clearing. The reason is so you don't clear everything, then T. Payne spawns while there are yellows in the room. Now chances are they are jerks, and would have just sat in the room while you went out and killed the rest, but that part has been answered by G.

Typhee
11-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Did Captive several time. To have 12 remaining mobs u have to clear the middle and the right side, not all, just the room, depend if u clear jailers room or not.
So they went to clear path to boss and waited we clear to 12 and engaged the boss. We had too run from the far opposite side of Captive to join the T-Paxx's room. And we just get loot, he was 1 pixel life.

There's nothing, neither ~something~ right doing like that...

FluffNStuff
11-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Did Captive several time. To have 12 remaining mobs u have to clear the middle and the right side, not all, just the room, depend if u clear jailers room or not.
So they went to clear path to boss and waited we clear to 12 and engaged the boss. We had too run from the far opposite side of Captive to join the T-Paxx's room. And we just get loot, he was 1 pixel life.

There's nothing, neither ~something~ right doing like that...

I see, and yes, agree, there is NOTHING right about breaking from the group and camping the boss. That was just sick. Oh, and about XiaoJim, check out this thread, might make you feel better:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?12087-One-in-a-million-drop

Gryndeon
11-22-2010, 01:32 PM
I ignore people that boot me with a lame reason.
If it's a legit reason then I understand.

Same here. Sometimes they inform me that they're full, and I leave with no hard feelings. But others are just jerks about it. I've also joined open games with my level 50 where the host keeps booting any lower levels. I don't really care much to play with those people either, even when I'm not on the receiving end of the boot.

My ignore list is getting pretty long, though.

FluffNStuff
11-22-2010, 01:50 PM
I got booted from a game because I was swapping gear to go from dex bear to str bear since they needed a tank. Was kinda funny how noob people can be.

Fyrce
11-22-2010, 06:17 PM
I haven't checked this, but I was thinking about some runs I did yesterday: we cleared the right corridor, ignore the room, the middle corridor, the area outside the boss room, and then did the boss. We actually split the group to clear the two corridors.

I was wondering if you can clear the corridors, only one side of the route to the boss room and then the boss room. Does that leave you a mob or two to kill just outside for the boss to pop? If that works, then much less walking.

Gaabob
11-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Omni is weird... and yeah I have had experiences with sweetie, acted all as if he wasn't to blame for booting me for 's'.

pcm2a
11-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Ninja Looters!

bladesword
11-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Havent i told you a thousand times mynas generations know nothing?

smoae
11-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Just put them on your ignore list. I get so pissed when someone ignores me I send them messages and everything and they don't respond, gets me soooo mad.
One time someone said "selling dreamers darkbolt for 40k" I told him I would buy but he had me on his ignore list for some reason and someone beat me to it.
If you really wanna piss em off, then make a really long rant message that will get them mad, and then put on ignore list.
Thats what I do.

Torrentula81
11-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Took me forever to get through this ends now cause 50 booting my 49. Finally found a goup of 47's that put most 50's to shame. And they were nice to.

Today trying out victoy lap for first time. Some mage said for me to do pots. Got to overlord and wouldn't rez me cause wouldn't do pot so I left. He wouldn't tell me what the heck that means. Could someone tell me. If it's drinking pirs, I def do that. Some people are real nice to explain for example how to beat ovrrlord. Others will just say noob.

jonboy
11-23-2010, 12:20 AM
It's drinking Elixers, generally Tankers Elixer, on OL for a mage it can be the difference between a wipe and a quick rez and back into it.

Lebowski
11-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Got booted last night from a Victory Map group for not being Korean!

Kossi
11-23-2010, 08:59 PM
where is that group! i need to join! lol

anyanghasayo.

Arterra
11-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Got booted last night from a Victory Map group for not being Korean!

LOL, LOL and LOL

Balonia
11-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Back in the beginnings of swamps,( you know, when bear could go through woods) I had a really good, funny farming group. So much fun. After farming several weeks with them, one dude asked if I was a dude or chic? Of course said chic, and they booted me and put me on their ignore list!!! Only one dude talked to me after that. Crazy.

Arterra
11-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Back in the beginnings of swamps,( you know, when bear could go through woods) I had a really good, funny farming group. So much fun. After farming several weeks with them, one dude asked if I was a dude or chic? Of course said chic, and they booted me and put me on their ignore list!!! Only one dude talked to me after that. Crazy.

that is an extreme case indeed... O.o as if that matters in this game after playing with the same person that long lol

Lesrider
11-23-2010, 09:44 PM

Wow that's insane. I keep hearing from other chicks that people have been mean to them solely because of their gender. I haven't experienced this yet, thankfully. But other chicks always seem so relieved/excited to meet another chick lol.

Arterra
11-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Wow that's insane. I keep hearing from other chicks that people have been mean to them solely because of their gender. I haven't experienced this yet, thankfully. But other chicks always seem so relieved/excited to meet another chick lol.

: o no idea Lesrider, no idea... i better take a long look at that special thread of ours to see what i missed lol
nv u posted once as far as i can tell, no way for me to know before hand.

Lesrider
11-23-2010, 09:56 PM
We have a special thread?

Arterra
11-23-2010, 10:03 PM
nv u posted once as far as i can tell, no way for me to know before hand.

We have a special thread?

if you dont know, you'r not part of it. be glad of that. ;D

Lesrider
11-23-2010, 10:09 PM
I feel like I'm missing something...